Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Soul Search Complete: Bryzgalov knows Philadelphia

I thought the beginning was hilarious lol "Wilson"

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649534

lol bryz

vCash
    If there's one thing we know about Bryz it's that he can joke around and be positive when things are going well but can become a pretty dark and depressing guy if he struggles. We'll see what happens if he has a couple bad games in a row. That said, it's nice that he came back with a good attitude and saying all the right stuff, especially since the KHL was pretty rough for him.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Its been a while but if I remember correctly, Bryz was the best player in the NJD series last year and it was only because of him every game wasnt a 7 goal blow-out. He is definitley a work-horse and does his best goaltending when playing 10-15 games in a row. We saw that in March, and we saw it kick in during the NJD series. I'm sure Lavy, Reese, and Homer saw that, and will use him properly.

vCash
    Cant say I saw Bryz play in the KHL but his numbers look pretty good in the 30 games he played. The article also points out some interesting facts that alot of people **** on him for last season but most of his stats were the best a Flyers goaltender has posted since the last lockout and all the rule changes that came with it. You also have to take into consideration that he posted those numbers in front of probably one of the worst defensive units the Flyers have sent out there since the last lockout.

I will be the first to admit that I personally didnt like the signing for financial reasons and not because I didnt think he was good enough but am starting to warm up to him knowing that we always have the option of amnesty over the next two years if a better option becomes available.

Personally I think Bryzgalov has the ability to put all his emotional struggles from last year behind him and I think he has shown that if he gets hot he is good enough to take the team on his back. Imagine if that hot streak he hit in March happens in May???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Its been a while but if I remember correctly, Bryz was the best player in the NJD series last year and it was only because of him every game wasnt a 7 goal blow-out. He is definitley a work-horse and does his best goaltending when playing 10-15 games in a row. We saw that in March, and we saw it kick in during the NJD series. I'm sure Lavy, Reese, and Homer saw that, and will use him properly.
    Definetly the best player in a series where as a team we were so happy about the Pittsburgh series that we didnt show up against NJ. All the Bryzgalov neysayers however will just focus on the negative and point to the 2 games he posted a .885 and .871 save percentage in the series. They will completely ignore the the fact that the team hung him out to dry and he still posted a .912, .929 and .900 in the other 3 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Cant say I saw Bryz play in the KHL but his numbers look pretty good in the 30 games he played. The article also points out some interesting facts that alot of people **** on him for last season but most of his stats were the best a Flyers goaltender has posted since the last lockout and all the rule changes that came with it. You also have to take into consideration that he posted those numbers in front of probably one of the worst defensive units the Flyers have sent out there since the last lockout.

I will be the first to admit that I personally didnt like the signing for financial reasons and not because I didnt think he was good enough but am starting to warm up to him knowing that we always have the option of amnesty over the next two years if a better option becomes available.

Personally I think Bryzgalov has the ability to put all his emotional struggles from last year behind him and I think he has shown that if he gets hot he is good enough to take the team on his back. Imagine if that hot streak he hit in March happens in May???
    The media like to throw into eveyones face how terrible that contract is, but they fail to mention (once Quicks new contract starts) he's only the 9th highest paid goaltender.

vCash

He was pretty terrible at the beginning of the KHL season--at one point he got demoted to third string. His numbers are the result of a pretty good rebound, and he'd been playing pretty well of late. Bryz's explanation for the bad start is that the KHL season had already begun when the lockout started, and so Bryz was a step behind everyone else, which I guess is a valid excuse considering how he improved over time.

Bryz's biggest issue has been consistency (with that inconsistency exacerbated by whatever mental issues he's going through at the the time). It's all about whether he can put it together over the course of a full season (and more importantly, over the course of an entire playoffs) and whether he can keep his head up whenever things get a little bumpy.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    This is very true. Especially with the shortened season I think he gets a chance to play alot of games in a short amount of time and for a goalie like him its a great thing. Like you said the more he plays in a row the better he is, which is something that actually works to our advantage this year with their only being 48 games. Expecting to him to have a very good season with a year in the system and living in philadelphia.

Skins, Flyers, Phils and 76ers

vCash
    Bryz definitely is not a bad goalie and I can't quite wrap my head around the thought of why people want to buy him out so badly. He had a decent year with atrocious defending going on in front of him. The defense has had EXTRA time in this lockout to get healthy, so there is no reason for them not to get **** done this year. If the Flyers Defense played half as good as the Americans did at the WJC there is no reason they cannot make a very deep run into the playoffs.

vCash
    Yeah lol in the beginning of the KHL he was going to be replaced....then the go real hot and was on a tear....and then he fell off that cliff fast again, he says due to a minor I jury he got in his back and also due to him wanting to prepare mentally for the lockout to end this was about 2-3 weeks ago.

Regardless Bryz will constantly get castrated here as will any player that is expected to be a god.....that's just the way we are as a fan base....

We flip script so much, see it here all the time. One minute Bryz is the best goalie ever, next we should try to be buying out his contract...I lol all he time.

I'm glad for this article maybe it will shed light on haters on how good he is for the Flyers even when he is sucking lol

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    If the Flyers don't at least make it to the cup finals this season Bryzgalov is gone. They don't want that salary hanging over their heads going forward, especially with a new cap figure. In the offseason the Flyers need to sign Giroux, Courterier, Schenn (if he's not traded for a d-man), Timmonen and Rinaldo to new contracts. The 5,666,666 salary cap figure that Bryzgalov carries is going to make it tough for the Flyers to make other moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    If the Flyers don't at least make it to the cup finals this season Bryzgalov is gone. They don't want that salary hanging over their heads going forward, especially with a new cap figure. In the offseason the Flyers need to sign Giroux, Courterier, Schenn (if he's not traded for a d-man), Timmonen and Rinaldo to new contracts. The 5,666,666 salary cap figure that Bryzgalov carries is going to make it tough for the Flyers to make other moves.
    I hear you on Giroux, Couts and Schenn but they are all signed through 2013-14. As for Timmonen that isnt a factor because he will take a big pay cut or will be shown the door. As for Rinaldo really???? You are going to amnesty Bryzgalov and pay that contract for him to play somewhere else just to get Rinaldo resigned?

vCash
    I hear you on Giroux, Couts and Schenn but they are all signed through 2013-14. As for Timmonen that isnt a factor because he will take a big pay cut or will be shown the door. As for Rinaldo really???? You are going to amnesty Bryzgalov and pay that contract for him to play somewhere else just to get Rinaldo resigned?
    I'll be surprised if Timonen doesn't retire.