Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Like making marriage between races legal? I realize that seems like ancient history to most of this board, but it was illegal in my lifetime. The year was 1967 when the Supreme Court made that ruling.

Many people in the south were against such a law. Many today are still against such a law. Your underlying argument fails, unless you think states should have the right to make interracial marriage illegal.

Make the argument.
    Gay marriage?

vCash
    I'm not saying I'm agreeing to a succession, and I'm not saying it will work or that it could work or that it should happen. I will say that I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that something of this magnitude could happen within the next decade.

http://news.msn.com/politics/seven-s...-white-house-3

I think as the issues continue, especially with this new gun control heated debate, that this could get bigger and possibly turn into something like that in the future.

So basically, without saying anything on what I think about the possibility, I do think that it will start to become more and more possible for something like this to happen.

vCash
    People who threaten to leave the country are cowards unless they are being persecuted in some manner. If the force of the government is oppressing you, the government refuses to stop people from oppressing you, or some other form of abuse is occurring; and you leave that stands above all this ridiculousness.

Whether it is the far-right or far-left or really anyone who lives a reasonably comfortable life in this country outside of the fact that their chosen party didn't win an election, they are all cowards and disgraces to this country. All of these "I'm going to Canada" folks should shut up and do something besides whine. Or leave, I really don't want you here if you have no answers.

There are plenty of conservatives in this forum and in my real life who I interact with and am able to get things done and I don't whine about it. My boss is conservative and I see several posters in the last couple posts that I know are conservative and I can get along with them to do something when necessary.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Gay marriage?
    Nice try, but what you said was:

People in the south shouldn't have to abide by a law that many of them are against just because more people on the completely opposite of the country think otherwise and visca versa.
    What I said to challenge you was the fact that inter racial marriage was not declared unconstitutional until 1967. Even at that time, and to this day, many in the South thought that it was wrong.

For your position to be correct, you have to defend the position that making inter racial marriage illegal is a local issue. So, defend that position, or, acknowledge that your underlying position does not hold up.

This concept of regional difference, to be valid as a governing principle, does not hold up. It tends to be an excuse, not a reason.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Sure, secession is a solution if you want to see your new country get bombed off the face of the earth within a week of seceding.

vCash
    Secession isn't going to fix anything. The issue isn't geographic in terms of points on the compass. Its between political disparity between population centers and rural areas. The issue can only be addressed through open and honest discourse between groups. I think we need to be focussing less on ******** issues that won't solve a thing (i.e. gun control), and start focussing on some things that can bring us back together. I think now- no, secession won't fix anyone's issues, nor would the idea be tolerated. But, if things stay on the course they are on and you ask this question again in 5 years, then it will be much more of a possibility. It comes from people seeing as much satisfaction in the unhappiness of others as they do in achieving their own goals. And both sides have their fair share of *******s who delight in the misery of the other side.

vCash
    http://www.governing.com/gov-data/ec...a-figures.html

Who wants to inherit the west into their country

I would If I was retiring but that's about it
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 01-10-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12