Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    If manelik is there in the second. I believe he could go first. He's 320 pounds and super athletic great feet and hands. I would say one of the better rts in the class
    suprised i mentioned him earlier and no one said anything in my mock in here. dude used to be a d1 Basketball player and obviously is a Project but he has some nice feet.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I know. He's not even really a project he's ready

vCash
    I like D.J. Fluker hes decent at pass blocking and prolly the best run blocking tackle

vCash
    Flukes is the number one rated player for ugliness

vCash
    Well, the Jags probably know where things sit with Monroe in contract negotiations. Along with how they grade him out on the field. Joeckel is just 21. He doesn't have to be a starting LT right off the top. He could play RT, which is a gaping hole. Or if he is really precocious, and Monroe is still around, he could push Monroe over to the right side. That leaves Britton, Bradfield, Rackley, Nwaneri to fight it out for a guard spot. Brewster to push Meester at center. Plus you're going to have injuries. Among the five positions, the law of averages says that at least one starter will be out at any given time, and more likely two. When you guys look at the draft you seem to assume that every player will play the whole season, every player will play exactly the way he did last year, and every player will be signed to a contract. None of those things happen in real time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Well, the Jags probably know where things sit with Monroe in contract negotiations. Along with how they grade him out on the field. Joeckel is just 21. He doesn't have to be a starting LT right off the top. He could play RT, which is a gaping hole. Or if he is really precocious, and Monroe is still around, he could push Monroe over to the right side. That leaves Britton, Bradfield, Rackley, Nwaneri to fight it out for a guard spot. Brewster to push Meester at center. Plus you're going to have injuries. Among the five positions, the law of averages says that at least one starter will be out at any given time, and more likely two. When you guys look at the draft you seem to assume that every player will play the whole season, every player will play exactly the way he did last year, and every player will be signed to a contract. None of those things happen in real time.
    u really want to Resign Britton whos Play sucked so bad he was benched for Pazstor

as for as Joeckel yes hes a good LT but its idiotic to assume the GM wont resign or even franchise tag monroe because he is a top 10 lt in the league. when in the draft you optimally will take the Best Player available. however if you have 2 players in close value you always go with the bigger Need which seems reasonable to me.

if you want the team to improve the oline its usually faster to go fa route and do that way because those players tend to know how to play said position in the NFL.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Jags aren't concerned about the short term. Caldwell has a five year committment from Khan, and Shad totally took the pressure off him today at the P.C. Everything will be done with a longer term goal in mind. So it's pretty much "BPA" right down the line. Probably for the next three drafts or so.

vCash
    I've been busy all day. Can't wait to watch the presser. All I've heard is awesome things though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Jags aren't concerned about the short term. Caldwell has a five year committment from Khan, and Shad totally took the pressure off him today at the P.C. Everything will be done with a longer term goal in mind. So it's pretty much "BPA" right down the line. Probably for the next three drafts or so.
    if the jags werent worried about hte short term they would have given Gus a 5 year deal

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    if the jags werent worried about hte short term they would have given Gus a 5 year deal
    4 yrs and 5 yrs isn't much of a difference at all dude...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    4 yrs and 5 yrs isn't much of a difference at all dude...
    1 year is a big difference. i mean thats the difference between someone living and dieing. it could be the difference between being 100 and 99.

a year is a long time.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    1 year is a big difference. i mean thats the difference between someone living and dieing. it could be the difference between being 100 and 99.

a year is a long time.
    1 year when it comes to 4 or 5 yrs isn't a big difference when it comes to a contract for a coach. It is in no way as big as your describing it.

vCash
    If we just get 2 good free agents I would be happy a CB and RT. Hopefully Sean Smith and Vollmer or A. Smith

vCash
    Does anyone like Monte Ball or is it just me?

vCash
    I like to see the Jags get Margus Hunt. "The Freak". 6-8, 280, or something. Can bench 225 over 40 times. Runs a 4.7 40. Set NCAA record for blocked kicks. Really solid character guy as well.

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast