Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    exactly... if guys just think having jr, shump and kidd defending the heat if we play them in the playoffs is all we need than miami will give us a big reality check

shump is great in my opinion a top 5 perimeter defender but guarding lebron will need a stronger defender who's atleast quick enough to guard sf's

melo can't do it because he over defends and he'll get in foul trouble. you seen what happen to the thunder when durant was force to guard lebron. serge was too slow and sefolosha had to deal with wade.. so who was next harden? lol

having a brewer and shump out there defending is so valuable for playoff time
    I have to agree with you on this, even though its against my nature to because I would like to see the best possible 5 out there down the stretch. But you're pretty wise to suggest that, a lot of fans here would oppose. Having Brewer and Shump in the closing minutes would increase our defensive IQ and chemistry, to go along with Kidd.
    Last edited by Knick_Fever; 01-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.

vCash
    Can't wait man... Imagine a defensive unit of Kidd Shump JR Camby and Tyson. Its going to be "Lockdown City"

It's party time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    exactly... if guys just think having jr, shump and kidd defending the heat if we play them in the playoffs is all we need than miami will give us a big reality check

shump is great in my opinion a top 5 perimeter defender but guarding lebron will need a stronger defender who's atleast quick enough to guard sf's

melo can't do it because he over defends and he'll get in foul trouble. you seen what happen to the thunder when durant was force to guard lebron. serge was too slow and sefolosha had to deal with wade.. so who was next harden? lol

having a brewer and shump out there defending is so valuable for playoff time
    At the end of games, I think JR can run around with Ray Allen, Shump will obviously take Wade, and Kidd on LeBron. Kidd doesn't have the footspeed, but he guarded LeBron in the finals well enough, and for LeBron, it's about team defense more than anything. Brewer or Kidd, doesn't matter, we're gonna need to help on LeBron when he drives. And I trust Kidd's defensive IQ more than anyone, so I'd rather him than Brewer.

Crunch time against Miami, I just can't picture Brewer in the game over Kidd or JR or Shumpert. And what you say about Melo is absolutely true, but at the very end of a close game, I can see Melo take on LeBron. Melo will get so competitive and want the challenge, hopefully he won't get over aggressive.

That being said, I hope Ronnie gets his legs/knees back healthy so he makes it a difficult decision to play him or Shump in crunch time. Ronnie's defense hasn't been anything special so far, definitely not enough to overcome his offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nytunnelvision View Post
    At the end of games, I think JR can run around with Ray Allen, Shump will obviously take Wade, and Kidd on LeBron. Kidd doesn't have the footspeed, but he guarded LeBron in the finals well enough, and for LeBron, it's about team defense more than anything. Brewer or Kidd, doesn't matter, we're gonna need to help on LeBron when he drives. And I trust Kidd's defensive IQ more than anyone, so I'd rather him than Brewer.

Crunch time against Miami, I just can't picture Brewer in the game over Kidd or JR or Shumpert. And what you say about Melo is absolutely true, but at the very end of a close game, I can see Melo take on LeBron. Melo will get so competitive and want the challenge, hopefully he won't get over aggressive.

That being said, I hope Ronnie gets his legs/knees back healthy so he makes it a difficult decision to play him or Shump in crunch time. Ronnie's defense hasn't been anything special so far, definitely not enough to overcome his offense.
    I want Brewer to take a few weeks off before the playoffs. Maybe when Shump starts to get in the upper 20 lower 30s in minutes. Let Brewer get some solid minutes like 5 or so games in before the playoffs when hopefully we are positioned to sort of rest guys like Melo MRI Tyson and Kidd.

Then by the playoffs he is healthy and ready to pair with Shump to raise hell.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash

During crunch time I want Melo on Lebron, I have no doubt Melo will be up for the challenge defensively, this guy is really focused on proving something to the league and I trust him. Then Shump would be great on Wade, JR chasing Allen would be good. Tyson on Bosh. Then Kidd will always outsmart their point guard.

It's party time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksPain View Post
    I want Brewer to take a few weeks off before the playoffs. Maybe when Shump starts to get in the upper 20 lower 30s in minutes. Let Brewer get some solid minutes like 5 or so games in before the playoffs when hopefully we are positioned to sort of rest guys like Melo MRI Tyson and Kidd.

Then by the playoffs he is healthy and ready to pair with Shump to raise hell.
    Yea it does seem like Ronnie's been toughening it out for us while we've been shorthanded. Hopefully we'll see Utah/Chicago Ronnie if we give him some time off. I really hope Shump will eventually get to 30 minutes this year

vCash
    Yea it does seem like Ronnie's been toughening it out for us while we've been shorthanded. Hopefully we'll see Utah/Chicago Ronnie if we give him some time off. I really hope Shump will eventually get to 30 minutes this year
    Hopefully Shump will have a similar effect for us to what Bradley has had for the Celts, our defense was the favorite part of the season for me and its almost completely faded away smh.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    During crunch time I want Melo on Lebron, I have no doubt Melo will be up for the challenge defensively, this guy is really focused on proving something to the league and I trust him. Then Shump would be great on Wade, JR chasing Allen would be good. Tyson on Bosh. Then Kidd will always outsmart their point guard.
    Agreed.
    Melo has guarded LBJ very well recently. It seems he's made it a personal challenge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123