Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Congress Is Not Very Popular.

Source

When asked if they have a higher opinion of either Congress or a series of unpleasant or
    disliked things, voters said they had a higher opinion of root canals (32 for Congress and
    56 for the dental procedure), NFL replacement refs (29-56), head lice (19-67), the rock
    band Nickelback (32-39), colonoscopies (31-58), Washington DC political pundits (34-
    37), carnies (31-39), traffic jams (34-56), cockroaches (43-45), Donald Trump (42-44),
    France (37-46), Genghis Khan (37-41), used-car salesmen (32-57), and Brussels sprouts
    (23-69) than Congress.

Congress did manage to beat out telemarketers (45-35), John Edwards (45-29), the
    Kardashians (49-36), lobbyists (48-30), North Korea (61-26), the ebola virus (53-25),
    Lindsay Lohan (45-41), Fidel Castro (54-32), playground bullies (43-38), meth labs (60-
    21), communism (57-23), and gonorrhea (53-28).
    Well, at least they beat gonorrhea.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Hmm, roaches and the Donald ran them close, though....

Didn't they bottom out at 17% last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Hmm, roaches and the Donald ran them close, though....

Didn't they bottom out at 17% last year?
    The above were comparative favorable comparisons. In absolute numbers:

Congress’s overall favorability rating stands at just 9% favorable and 85% unfavorable.
    Women (13-81) view Congress slightly more favorably than men (6-89), as do
    Democrats (13-82) than Republicans (9-87), perhaps reflecting Democrats’ higher level
    of satisfaction with the recent fiscal cliff deal. Among ideological groups voters who
    describe themselves as “very liberal” have a higher than single-digit approval rating, with
    36% holding a favorable view and 56% unfavorable.
    source
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    I liked that 21 people took meth labs over this current congress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    I liked that 21 people took meth labs over this current congress.
    Blame Breaking Bad for that one.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Blame Breaking Bad for that one.

vCash
    Nice thread cab, thanks for the laughs. Its no surprise that congress isn't very well liked. It's pretty much a joke right now.

vCash
    I love that Nickelback is so hated, that it was actually close.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    lololol at Nickelback being included.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    It's a bit of a misleading thing though. Everyone says they hate congress, but they like the people they keep sending.

They just dislike the other guy's congressman.

The blame falls squarely on the people. This is what you get. It's like when people complain that Hollywood keeps producing sequels, remakes, and superhero movies. The reason they do it is because people go to see the movies. It's not Hollywood's fault that people have terrible taste. And it's not Congress's fault that people are morons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    It's a bit of a misleading thing though. Everyone says they hate congress, but they like the people they keep sending.

The blame falls squarely on the people. This is what you get. It's like when people complain that Hollywood keeps producing sequels, remakes, and superhero movies. The reason they do it is because people go to see the movies. It's not Hollywood's fault that people have terrible taste. And it's not Congress's fault that people are morons.
    I agree 100%, and great comparison. WE vote these ***-clowns in.

..and it's not surprise that Congress continues to be hated. Afterall, 24% of all laws passed by Congress was to rename post offices for Christs sake(If you look, it was 47 of the 150 laws passed):

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...0query.html%7C

Our government has become a total farce.

vCash

Agreed. But I'll add a little more to that. Most people we send are already bought and paid for before they even sit on either side of the aisle. Lets make limits on campaign spending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Agreed. But I'll add a little more to that. Most people we send are already bought and paid for before they even sit on either side of the aisle. Lets make limits on campaign spending.
    We can't, unless we revoke corporations' rights as 'persons'.

Money = free speech(according to the Supreme Court)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    We can't, unless we revoke corporations' rights as 'persons'.

Money = free speech(according to the Supreme Court)
    I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court is bought and paid for too unfortunately.

vCash

I don't like my congressman. I also don't like lots of the people in congress. However, if I had to vote for my congressman (something I have not done in years) or meth labs, I would vote for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast