Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't mess with anything right now. I wouldn't make a big move for a Getzlaf/Perry. Assuming health the only thing I'd be looking to add is a Center who can win a draw. They could be 4th line even, and move Kruger to 3rd but Toews can't take every faceoff.

vCash
    Zenon Konopka would've been such a huge addition for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    Oduya is our best +/- Man this far, maybe our best DMan this year...why trade him?
    +/- is so deceiving and I hate when it inaccurately demonstrates a defenseman's value to his team. Oduya had one of the worst games I've seen him play as a Blackhawk in Phoenix, yet finished the night a +2. He routinely made ill-advised blind passes in his own zone, and in typical Oduya fashion shyed away from board battles and loafed it when there was pressure in front of the net because he has absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near physical play. As Assman so perfectly hit the nail on the head, he's a $3million liability, and sadly, he'll probably end up coming at the expense of Hjalmarsson when a decision needs to be made which of the $3million defenseman do we keep. I'm including Leddy in that group, since it's almost a certainty he'll get $3million, or close to it.

I'd love to have that $3million and change back this summer to throw at Robyn Regehr, who is absolutely what the Blackhawks need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    +/- is so deceiving and I hate when it inaccurately demonstrates a defenseman's value to his team. Oduya had one of the worst games I've seen him play as a Blackhawk in Phoenix, yet finished the night a +2. He routinely made ill-advised blind passes in his own zone, and in typical Oduya fashion shyed away from board battles and loafed it when there was pressure in front of the net because he has absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near physical play. As Assman so perfectly hit the nail on the head, he's a $3million liability, and sadly, he'll probably end up coming at the expense of Hjalmarsson when a decision needs to be made which of the $3million defenseman do we keep. I'm including Leddy in that group, since it's almost a certainty he'll get $3million, or close to it.

I'd love to have that $3million and change back this summer to throw at Robyn Regehr, who is absolutely what the Blackhawks need.
    I don't Oduya has been as good as his +/- would indicate, but I do think he's been solid this year. Certainly better than you give him credit for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post

I really wish we could get rid of Oduya and replace him with Regehr. He'd be a really nice defenseman for us. Any idea how much cap room we'll have next off-season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I really wish we could get rid of Oduya and replace him with Regehr. He'd be a really nice defenseman for us. Any idea how much cap room we'll have next off-season?
    Like many teams, the Hawks' cap room for next season is in peril. If nothing changes this offseason, they'd have just over $4 mil of free cap space and that's with only 18 guys on the roster. Two RFA's in Leddy and Kruger, and the 5 UFA's being Stalberg, Bickell, Mayers, Rozy, and Emery. It will really all depend on what happens with the contracts for Montador and Olesz. Best case scenario, Monty retires and Olesz gets buried. Collectively that's nearly $6 mil of cap space taken up by dead weight. $10 million to fill 7 spots isn't a lot but certainly doable. I'd still like to see them move Oduya if the right opportunity arises.

vCash
    Bowman has a hard on for Oduya. Hjalmarsson is probably most likely to be moved, especially with his value trending upward. Regehr is my top target in the summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Like many teams, the Hawks' cap room for next season is in peril. If nothing changes this offseason, they'd have just over $4 mil of free cap space and that's with only 18 guys on the roster. Two RFA's in Leddy and Kruger, and the 5 UFA's being Stalberg, Bickell, Mayers, Rozy, and Emery. It will really all depend on what happens with the contracts for Montador and Olesz. Best case scenario, Monty retires and Olesz gets buried. Collectively that's nearly $6 mil of cap space taken up by dead weight. $10 million to fill 7 spots isn't a lot but certainly doable. I'd still like to see them move Oduya if the right opportunity arises.
    Dont forget under the new cba they can buy out 2 contracts.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Not a rumor in any way, but more of an idea that is two fold here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7452

Ryan O'Reilly...not looking good for the Avs right now.

1. What would you trade to get him?
    2. What would you sign him for in order to make you want to trade for him?
    I did some research on Oreilly and he might fit nicely with the Hawks.

He wins faceoffs, is good on the PK, and uses his size to his advantage.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Dont forget under the new cba they can buy out 2 contracts.
    Also, you can no longer bury a contract without penalty to the Cap. I believe they take the league minimum, double it (or something like that) and everything over that amount is counted against the cap. Not 100% exact but close. (May just be anything over league minimum but I can't remember exactly).

Example: bury 3mil in the AHL with a 300k league minimum. Double it for 600k and then you have 2.4m left over which counts against the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Also, you can no longer bury a contract without penalty to the Cap. I believe they take the league minimum, double it (or something like that) and everything over that amount is counted against the cap. Not 100% exact but close. (May just be anything over league minimum but I can't remember exactly).

Example: bury 3mil in the AHL with a 300k league minimum. Double it for 600k and then you have 2.4m left over which counts against the cap.
    I knew about the two amnesty buyouts but wasn't aware of the new rule about burying contracts. Never liked that you could bury a contract anyway and glad they made that change, even with Olesz and Huet having gone through that.

Will be a crazy deadline and offseason, can't wait to see this all unfold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I knew about the two amnesty buyouts but wasn't aware of the new rule about burying contracts. Never liked that you could bury a contract anyway and glad they made that change, even with Olesz and Huet having gone through that.

Will be a crazy deadline and offseason, can't wait to see this all unfold.
    Now that I'm not on the iPad, I was able to look up the exact rule via CapGeek. Here it is...

"BURIED CONTRACTS (Wade Redden Rule)

Money paid to players outside of the NHL counts against the cap.

A one-way contract counts against the cap as follows:

cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]

Example: If Wade Redden plays in the minors in 2012-13, he counts as follows.

$6.5M – [ $525,000 + $375,000 ] = $5.6M

A two-way contract counts as follows:

minor-league salary – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]

Example: Player A’s two-way contract pays $3M/$1M in 2012-13 and counts as follows in the minors.

$1M – [ $525,000 + $375,000 ] = $100,000"

vCash
    good article on hockeybuzz about whom the hawks should pursue.. he threw out the names, Kopecky, Ward, Brouwer amongst some others. i wouldnt be opposed.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    good article on hockeybuzz about whom the hawks should pursue.. he threw out the names, Kopecky, Ward, Brouwer amongst some others. i wouldnt be opposed.
    He also mentioned David Clarkson and James van Riemsdyk (although the cost for the latter would most likely be really high. We need one more center that can win faceoffs and a player that can stand in front of the goalie and score garbage goals. A guy like Ryan Smyth would've been perfect.

vCash
    Another guy I'd look at is Lars Eller from Montreal. He can play wing or C, has shown some offensive potential (4-goal game last year and put up 28 points while playing 3rd line minutes), has good size (6'2, 198 lbs), is young at only 23 years old (24 in May), and is a bit of a hitter (72 hits in 79 games). From the videos I've seen of him, he looks like he's got pretty good hands. He also had 2 shorthanded goals last year, and works the PK for Montreal. He seems to be in the doghouse in Montreal for some reason.

He's a former 1st round pick as he went #13 overall in 2007, so there's definitely some potential there. I wonder what it would cost to get him. I think he could be a very good LW for the Toews line.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast