Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    When has the trading deadline been set for this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Crawford will ultimately hold this team back. Hawks need to pony up for Lehner or start looking over a few options. This team should be in win now mode. There's no excuse for not exploring some options. We can't plug in Turcos or Crawfords year after year and expect to compete for anything significant.
    I wonder if Ottawa is willing to move Lehner. If not, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Ben Bishop. He's tall and athletic and could potentially be a very solid goalie. I'd also look into the availability of Jacob Markstrom if the Panthers make a trade for Luongo. I feel like he can be a future franchise goalie.

vCash
    IIRC, it's April 3rd.

vCash
    Hawks will see which Crawford they have this season, whether it's the 2011 or 2012 version. Don't expect a move anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    IIRC, it's April 3rd.
    You are correct, sir. I also concur that the Hawks plan on seeing which Crawford they have. Got a feeling St. Louis is going to light him up tomorrow night. Regardless of what happens between now and April, I have zero confidence in Crawford's ability to backstop a Stanley Cup winner.

vCash
    I'm in agreement with all of you. Stan will wait it out to see what Crawford shows up this year. His team is playing well right now and scoring in bunches. Give it a month or two and we should have a better picture of what is going on with Crawford. I would say look for Leddy to be involved in any deal for a substantial goalie. Clendenning is showing signs of a future solid puck mover slotted in behind Keith and Seabs

vCash
    Ben Bishop
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Crawford will ultimately hold this team back. Hawks need to pony up for Lehner or start looking over a few options. This team should be in win now mode. There's no excuse for not exploring some options. We can't plug in Turcos or Crawfords year after year and expect to compete for anything significant.
    You can't forget we plugged a Niemi in goal the 09-10 season

vCash
    I think it's pretty inexcusable on Stan's part to not add Arnott at the price the Rangers payed. If Johnny or Bolland go down, we're ****ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmayo689 View Post
    You can't forget we plugged a Niemi in goal the 09-10 season
    Crawford is no Niemi. And never will be.

vCash
    Agreed. Crawford is technically solid, but he's just not quick enough. We need a more athletic goalie. I wonder what Bishop could do here. He's huge and he's athletic.

vCash
    I agree, however in all fairness, Niemi was no Niemi when they plugged him in there. If that makes sense. Glad it worked out the way it did back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Agreed. Crawford is technically solid, but he's just not quick enough. We need a more athletic goalie. I wonder what Bishop could do here. He's huge and he's athletic.
    Wouldn't expect any trades anytime soon. Ottawa is playing decent thus far in this shortened-season and are +7, even with their make-shift defense including 3 youngsters. They'll likely see if their d-men can gel and handle bigger competition. They've only played Florida, Winnipeg, and Tampa. Anderson has faced a ton of shots already and has denied 83 of those 85 in 3 games. The tides should change sooner or later for them defensively and they'll need to make a trade for a couple d-men to stay in the race, but that's if they stay in the race.

Every team is going to be looking to either acquire expiring contracts or unload big contracts at this deadline, pending their cap situation. Hawks will need to dump someone and that'll likely be Hammer, if they can find someone to take on his contract. Sens are losing Gonchar's $5.5 mil contract after this season and could take on Hammer's $3.5 mil contract to displace Gonchar. Hammer would pair well with Methot on their 2nd pairing too btw.

Given the Hawks current situation, Lehner is the only goalie in Ottawa that would make sense going forward, unless Bowman is considering swapping Crawford for Anderson, which wouldn't be an upgrade imo and Anderson costs $500k more per season than Crawford and is on the books for an additional season more than Crawford is. (Believe it or not, the FO isn't as sour on Crawford as the fans are.) Bishop is an RFA and some team is going to pay the man. The Hawks aren't in a position to get in a bidding war this offseason. Lehner is on the books for another season and $400k less than Emery. Hawks would shed payroll and get a solid goalie to groom if/when Crawford flops. This is the deal Bowman is trying to shove down their throats, while they want a deal centered around the younger/cheaper Leddy. Talks have been tabled for now but could resurface down the road.
    Last edited by Assman22; 01-27-2013 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    ^^^

I dont think Hammer will be going anywhere. It looks like he has taken a huge step forward this season and is playing like we expected him to when he signed his extension.

On the otherhand, I expect Montador to be bought out in the offseason.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I don't see too much action for the Hawks during the shortened season (6-0 woot!). All of our lines have been playing very very well so far, and I've liked what I have seen from Crawford so far. I don't think they will want to give up the prospects for a short term rental in this shortened season but maybe this summer heading into the full season will go out and try and obtain an impact guy with a couple years of control left and maybe go after Ryan Getzlaf in the off season.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast