Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I don't know if I'm a fan of this one. His feet are too fast for his hands and he can make some sloppy decisions.

Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Sharp are guarantees on the PP (for the most part on offense). Basically a couple spots after that and I like Shaw, Bolland, and maybe even Bollig/Carcillo (in front of the net but isn't half bad) to compete for those. I don't know where or what type of system Stalberg could fit into and do well.
    Have Sharp Keith/Oduya be the Point
    Then Toews in front and Kane/Hossa at the Wings.

Switch out Kane with Stalberg (occasionally). Both are quick, and protect the puck rather well.
    IDK, im just ****ing excited as **** for this season
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I think most of us would but Bowman values his prospects too much to get a deal done. Hawks have forwards for days and a deep blue line but won't pay up for a nice near NHL-ready goalie. Trade deadline isn't til April 3rd but Sens need blueliners asap. Maybe the Hawks are holding out?
    I think it's smart to hold out until the season starts. After 2010-2011, it looked a lot like Crawford was the goalie of the future. He obviously had an awful year last year, yet we still made the post season. He's not going to get any worse than he was last year and maybe he proves last year was a fluke and we have a solid goaltender and get to keep leddy/ use him elsewhere.

Leddy is a very valuable asset. He was a 20 year old defenseman last year playing 22 min/game in the NHL with a pretty favorable shot differential while he was on ice. He may not crack the top pairing, but he certainly will be a very good, quick, second pairing puck rushing defenseman.

With so many young pieces, many of whom could have a breakout season, I think it is wise to see how this group plays for a little before rushing to make any deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    If it were anyone else, I would say Bowman's seat should be getting warm. He's yet to make one substantial upgrade in his time here. Not a lot of risk in netting a high end goaltender prospect for a kid who will never play himself onto any top D pairing. If those are the big parts moving, there should be no hesitation. If we're talking Ben Bishop here, then Ottawa should be told right where to shove it. I have little interest in Anderson. That just seems a bit band-aidy for me, even if he is a quality starter.
    I'll admit I haven't been overly thrilled with what Bowman has accomplished since he took the reigns. It is hard to judge someone on the deals they don't make, however, with out really knowing what his options were. I will say, the trades he has made have really worked out very well. Barker is looking like someone who may have played his last NHL game and Leddy was a 20 year old defensman playing 22 min/game last season. Campoli and Oduya both fit the system very well and played at a significantly higher level than with their previous teams, which shows he does seem to have a knack for spotting talent that can be used effectively.

It's tough to be on board with the campbell trade seeing as nothing significant was ever really done with that money saved and we could've really used soupy last year. But I will say it's tough to find a team that is better positioned to handle the salary cap drop next year than the Hawks. A lot of top end talent locked up at reasonable contracts, under the proposed cap for next year, and one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL, with the only downside being a real top-end talent player (aside from goaltending), which is already plentiful at the NHL level.

I agree for Bowman to maintain his stay as GM past next year he needs to take this team deep into the playoffs and show he can actually make a substantial move (if needed depending how the kids from the A play) to upgrade the team, but I think it should be noted how well positioned the blackhawks are to really be a powerhouse for a long time given how this team is positioned going forward. That would give bowman a pass for the lack of significant moves in the past, so long as he is willing to make one going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    I'll admit I haven't been overly thrilled with what Bowman has accomplished since he took the reigns. It is hard to judge someone on the deals they don't make, however, with out really knowing what his options were. I will say, the trades he has made have really worked out very well. Barker is looking like someone who may have played his last NHL game and Leddy was a 20 year old defensman playing 22 min/game last season. Campoli and Oduya both fit the system very well and played at a significantly higher level than with their previous teams, which shows he does seem to have a knack for spotting talent that can be used effectively.

It's tough to be on board with the campbell trade seeing as nothing significant was ever really done with that money saved and we could've really used soupy last year. But I will say it's tough to find a team that is better positioned to handle the salary cap drop next year than the Hawks. A lot of top end talent locked up at reasonable contracts, under the proposed cap for next year, and one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL, with the only downside being a real top-end talent player (aside from goaltending), which is already plentiful at the NHL level.

I agree for Bowman to maintain his stay as GM past next year he needs to take this team deep into the playoffs and show he can actually make a substantial move (if needed depending how the kids from the A play) to upgrade the team, but I think it should be noted how well positioned the blackhawks are to really be a powerhouse for a long time given how this team is positioned going forward. That would give bowman a pass for the lack of significant moves in the past, so long as he is willing to make one going forward.
    Bowman's trade history is pretty uninspiring. The two clear wins in all of it are the Barker and Campbell trades. Versteeg and Sweatt for Stalberg and parts pretty much looks like a wash. Only Hayes appears to be able to save the Byfuglien trade. Having Brock Nelson in the system would be outstanding, especially considering Rensfeldt is no longer Hawks property. Andrew Ladd brought back Vishnevskiy (is he even still with us?) and Clendening. Not good value there. The Oduya trade can still turn out to be a poor one.

vCash
    Vishnevskiy left to play in the KHL just like Petri Kontiola did....
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    I think it's smart to hold out until the season starts. After 2010-2011, it looked a lot like Crawford was the goalie of the future. He obviously had an awful year last year, yet we still made the post season. He's not going to get any worse than he was last year and maybe he proves last year was a fluke and we have a solid goaltender and get to keep leddy/ use him elsewhere.

Leddy is a very valuable asset. He was a 20 year old defenseman last year playing 22 min/game in the NHL with a pretty favorable shot differential while he was on ice. He may not crack the top pairing, but he certainly will be a very good, quick, second pairing puck rushing defenseman.

With so many young pieces, many of whom could have a breakout season, I think it is wise to see how this group plays for a little before rushing to make any deals.
    No doubt, Craw had a rough season but played well in the season prior. I haven't given up on him at all. When I mentioned Lehner, I was saying the Hawks don't currently have a near NHL-ready goalie prospect in the minors and Lehner has a two-way contract. Keep Craw/Emery this season while Lehner plays in Rockford and we'll see how Craw pans out the rest of this season.

Leddy is a decent play-making d-man and could blossom into a solid 2nd pairing guy, but the problem is we have 3 guys that all fit that mold outside of the top pairing. Oduya, Hammer, and Leddy all have very similar style of play. Each of these three needs a tough stay-at home type to pair with them and Bowman failed to bring one in. Brookbank and Rozy won't sniff the 2nd pairing. As is, our 2nd pairing will get beat up every game like they did last season. I was really hoping we'd land Methot in FA and let Oduya walk. Then the 2nd and 3rd unit would be balanced with Hammer/Methot and Rozy/Leddy.

Too many holes that have been filled with bandaids and hope. Horribly weak at the dot and this will kill you on special teams. They're faster on defense and better at shot-blocking but still not tough and will have trouble keeping daring forwards from crashing the net and in check. Craw is a big question mark, although I think it's wise to see how he comes out of the gate before making a transition. Overall, I think this team as is will certainly be a playoff team, but I don't see them being a Cup contender.
    Last edited by Assman22; 01-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    No doubt, Craw had a rough season but played well in the season prior. I haven't given up on him at all. When I mentioned Lehner, I was saying the Hawks don't currently have a near NHL-ready goalie prospect in the minors and Lehner has a two-way contract. Keep Craw/Emery this season while Lehner plays in Rockford and we'll see how Craw pans out the rest of this season.

Leddy is a decent play-making d-man and could blossom into a solid 2nd pairing guy, but the problem is we have 3 guys that all fit that mold outside of the top pairing. Oduya, Hammer, and Leddy all have very similar style of play. Each of these three needs a tough stay-at home type to pair with them and Bowman failed to bring one in. Brookbank and Rozy won't sniff the 2nd pairing. As is, our 2nd pairing will get beat up every game like they did last season. I was really hoping we'd land Methot in FA and let Oduya walk. Then the 2nd and 3rd unit would be balanced with Hammer/Methot and Rozy/Leddy.

Too many holes that have been filled with bandaids and hope. Horribly weak at the dot and this will kill you on special teams. They're faster on defense and better at shot-blocking but still not tough and will have trouble keeping daring forwards from crashing the net and in check. Craw is a big question mark, although I think it's wise to see how he comes out of the gate before making a transition. Overall, I think this team as is will certainly be a playoff team, but I don't see them being a Cup contender.
    This can be partially fixed if/when Ryan Stanton is called up. I'd love to see him make the team as I feel like he would really help this team out. Obviously, he's not a 2nd pairing guy. But you can certainly do a lot worse from your 5/6 defenseman.

vCash
    Daniel Carcillo
    has been skating alongside Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa. "Cars is an energy player," Hossa said. "Basically, he can go hard to the net and get extra room for the chances, so it's going to work out great for us. He gets his feet going and he's really a huge key in our line because he makes room for us." Carcillo figures to get a ton of penalty minutes, but he might also break the 20-point mark if he can stay on a scoring line this season.
    Marcus Kruger
    skated with the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday. Kruger missed two days during the illness. Unfortunately that accounts for a big chunk of training camp under the shortened schedule.
    Brandon Saad
    will be part of the Chicago Blackhawks' opening game roster. Saad made an impression on Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville last year. "We saw last year in training camp that (Saad) has some special skills," Quenneville said. "He does a lot of things other guys can't do as far as protecting the puck. He sees plays, makes plays and he's strong on it." Saad made his NHL debut last season and ended up with no points in two games. He also has eight goals and 20 points in 31 AHL contests this season.
    Steve Montador
    is reportedly not close to being able to resume skating, according to a source. He has not skated with teammates for weeks because of concussion symptoms. Montador was cleared to return from a concussion he suffered last February, but he sustained another head injury when he collided with a teammate during an informal practice before the lockout ended.
    Andrew Shaw
    should get an opportunity to show what he can do with the man advantage. Chicago is searching for a player that can park himself in front of the net during power plays. Shaw averaged 1:35 minutes per contest with the man advantage in 37 games last season. He's likely to get about 20-25 points while averaging more than a penalty minute per game in 2013.

vCash
    Still LOL @ Krejci for Kane

vCash
    I know it's ridiculously early to start looking ahead to this summers free agent class, but David Clarkson immediately jumps out at me. Exactly the kind of guy that Hawks could use.

vCash
    I know it's ridiculously early to start looking ahead to this summers free agent class, but David Clarkson immediately jumps out at me. Exactly the kind of guy that Hawks could use.
    He'd be really nice. I like the idea of going for Ryan Getzlaf if he makes it to free agency. He'd be money in between Kane and Sharp.

vCash
    Getzlaf will be way out of our price range. Hawks have more holes than just C to be committing so much money to him, especially with the cap dropping to $64,300,000. Robyn Regehr and David Clarkson could fit in the budget and provide huge upgrades. I'd also be looking to send a package with Leddy to Ottawa to try and pry Robin Lehner from them. Paul Stastny is another name that's been mentioned in rumors more recently that I'd explore.

Oduya's contract is going to look even worse next season.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-20-2013 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Getzlaf will be way out of our price range. Hawks have more holes than just C to be committing so much money to him, especially with the cap dropping to $64,300,000. Robyn Regehr and David Clarkson could fit in the budget and provide huge upgrades. I'd also be looking to send a package with Leddy to Ottawa to try and pry Robin Lehner from them. Paul Stastny is another name that's been mentioned in rumors more recently that I'd explore.

Oduya's contract is going to look even worse next season.
    I forgot about the cap going down haha. I would absolutely love for Regehr to come here. Yes, a thousand times yes to a Leddy for Lehner trade.

vCash
    I know its only 2 games into the season but if all of their skaters play to their abilities, then their roster should be good to go without having to make a trade.

Now that includes Bolland working out as the 2C and Shaw/Kruger as the 3C.

The only place I would upgrade no matter what is the goalie. Ive never been a fan of Crawford and I dont think I will ever believe in him as this teams goalie.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I know its only 2 games into the season but if all of their skaters play to their abilities, then their roster should be good to go without having to make a trade.

Now that includes Bolland working out as the 2C and Shaw/Kruger as the 3C.

The only place I would upgrade no matter what is the goalie. Ive never been a fan of Crawford and I dont think I will ever believe in him as this teams goalie.
    Crawford will ultimately hold this team back. Hawks need to pony up for Lehner or start looking over a few options. This team should be in win now mode. There's no excuse for not exploring some options. We can't plug in Turcos or Crawfords year after year and expect to compete for anything significant.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast