Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree with JTR. However, I've been wondering who the goalie could be if true. An upgrade over Crow that's most likely not Luongo and is available. Anyone have any guesses?
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Bernier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    Bernier?
    Quick had back surgery this offseason so I'm thinking that Bernier will be harder to get unless LA has another goalie lined up somehow.

vCash
    Ottawa has some goaltending. Not sure if there moving Anderson or one of their younger guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Ottawa has some goaltending. Not sure if there moving Anderson or one of their younger guys
    I'd be happy with any one of Craig Anderson, Ben Bishop, or Robin Lehner. Especially Lehner though. He's going to be a heck of a goalie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Quick had back surgery this offseason so I'm thinking that Bernier will be harder to get unless LA has another goalie lined up somehow.
    Forgot about that. I wonder who Jaeckel is talking about, assuming the story is real. Must be a name we haven't really heard thrown out there that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Jaeckel says Bowman is going after a goalie.....thoughts?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ight/128/48426
    No deal. Jaeckel is a good guy and he means well, just pulls the trigger on his write-ups a bit too early, hence everyone questioning his sources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    Forgot about that. I wonder who Jaeckel is talking about, assuming the story is real. Must be a name we haven't really heard thrown out there that much.
    I think Icehog is right on, Ottawa may be the team. Anderson, Bishop, and Lehner. Bishop and Lehner are both exciting prospects but there are still risks because they haven't been fully tested at the NHL level. Anderson has been a little up and down as well. All 3 have certain risks but each probably has a top level that is above Crawford's.

vCash
    I'd love to grab Lehner, I think he'd be worth taking a risk on.

vCash
    Jaeckel mentioned Ottawa in the prior post...

I have heard in the last 24 hours that the Hawks have been contacted by the Ottawa Senators, who are in search of blueline help—and that the Hawks have interest in all three top goalies in the Ottawa organization—Craig Anderson, Ben Bishop and (especially) Robin Lehner.

vCash
    What would it take to get Lehner? Hammer, McNeill and a 3rd maybe? Thoughts?

vCash
    Via Tracey Myers

Q said Viktor Stalberg could see some power-play time this season. #Blackhawks

vCash
    Via Chris Kuc

#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said new assistant Jamie Kompon will be in charge of the power play.

vCash
    Stan Bowman
    Do not expect the Chicago Blackhawks to sign any free agents. "It's possible but it's unlikely." GM Stan Bowman said. "At this point we feel really strong with the depth we do have. We have to see how it plays out. I certainly like the guys who have been playing in Rockford; they're in mid-season form. We've got quite a few guys who are ready to play and the other guys have been training as well. Personnel-wise we have the pieces we like."
    Corey Crawford
    feels like he needs to redeem himself after his rough 2011-12 campaign. Crawford had a 2.72 GAA and .903 save percentage in 57 games last season. Spent the lockout working on his game in Montreal. "I've heen waiting and waiting and waiting and finally it's here so I'm getting excited and ready to go," Crawford said.
    Bryan Bickell
    considers last season a "speed bump." Bickell is looking to bounce back this season and it should help that he got 27 points in 28 games in the Czech league during the lockout. "Being overseas and coming into this season where I am now, I feel good and I need to . help this team out," Bickell said. Out concern is that Bickell won't get top-six minutes with the Chicago Blackhawks. Unless he manages to work his way onto one of the top two lines, his fantasy value will be minimal at best.
    Michael Frolik
    is determined to improve in the coming NHL season. "I wasn't very good last year and I know I can be better," said Frolik, who had 13 goals and 10 assists in 29 games for Chomutov in Europe during the NHL lockout. "I worked this summer, played some games in the Czech Republic; I'm in good shape but I think I can prove I can be better than last year." Frolik came to Chicago after tallying two consecutive 21-goal seasons for the Florida Panthers. He hasn't scored 21 goals in the past three seasons combined. Frolik admitted last season that he was pressing. "The more you want to score the more it kind of goes against you. I just have to try to forget that and just play the game and try to be relaxed. I just want to play like the first two years (in Florida), and even better."
    Dave Bolland's
    fantasy value may jump this season as he skated on the second line between Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp Sunday. Bolland played on the third line last season and still managed 19 goals and 37 points so he could be looking at a 25-30 point campaign in the 48 game schedule. "We've talked about giving him an expanded role on our team for some time, and the time is now," GM Stan Bowman said. "On some of our playoff runs, he has ability to do things offensively. In that role, it's probably more important that a player has the awareness to play in his own end. We have some high-end offensive players on wings. He doesn't have to surpass them; just play the defensive role on that line and be able to read off them, which Dave can do." Take him as a late sleeper in deeper pools if you can.

vCash
    Per Sassone

Q said Kruger missed practice with the flu and is questionable for tomorrow as well. #Blackhawks

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast