Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Daniel Carcillo
    got plenty of extra time to recover form a torn ACL in his right knee due to the lockout. Carcillo underwent surgery in January 2012. "Everything feels good," he said. "It's been a long year and I'm definitely excited to get started. Getting back into game shape now is my big concern -- the stops, the starts, coming off the turns and that sort of thing." Carcillo, like all players, will only get a week of training camp with no exhibition games before the season starts. Consequently, he's likely to be one of the many players that's rusty at the start of the season.
    Patrick Sharp
    will have to adjust quickly after opting not to sign in Europe or elsewhere during the lockout. "It's going to be tough that there's no preseason games," Sharp said. "(It's) whoever can adjust the quickest and get off to a great start ... But once you get into the swing of things it's business as usual." Sharp is usually a reliable scorer, but he's one of the players should should feel a tad uncomfortable with going into the season. He should adjust quickly, but we wouldn't be surprised if he gets off to a cold start.
    Duncan Keith
    thinks it's important for the Blackhawks to run as many skates as possible before the lockout officially ends and training camp begins. "The one thing that sticks out in my mind about having success in a 48-game season is getting off to a good start," Keith said. "That goes back to making sure we're ready to play that first game. That's going to start in practice and training camp right away. It's looking for perfection at practice and bringing it over to a game." Chicago got off to a great start last season, but they also suffered a prolonged losing streak. Consistency will be important in the shortened season and that's one aspect they'll have to focus on as the campaign progresses.
    Corey Crawford
    doesn't feel any extra pressure going into the shortened season. "Pressure? You're talking about that already," Crawford said. "No, man, this is fun. This is fun what we do. I'm excited. We've got a great team, so I'm looking forward to what's coming up." Unless the Blackhawks get another goaltender, Crawford will get another shot at leading the Blackhawks. He shouldn't be regarded as a safe bet to bounce back after his horrendous sophomore season and it wouldn't be shocking if Ray Emery ends up stealing the starting job.
    Bryan Bickell
    asserted himself nicely for Czech team Orlo Znojmo. Bickell scored nine goals and 18 assists for 27 points in 28 games. He's generally only intriguing in extremely deep fantasy leagues, although he's obviously more interesting if he can generate at the 37-point level (as in 2010-11) than last season's 24 points.
    Jonathan Toews
    With the lockout about to end, Toews isn't convinced that it really had to go on this long. ``It's just more of a relief," said Toews. "We're excited to get back in front of our fans and just be together on a daily basis. But the realistic thing that sets in is: Did it really have to go this far? Did we really have to miss over three months? It's unfortunate. We know we've got a long road ahead of us to try and build this game back and earn the respect from the fans again." The good news is that the two sides were still able to salvage the season, so they won't have to recover from the stigma of yet another lost campaign. The shortened season should be exciting, with even game being critical to a team's chances of making the playoffs.

vCash
    Patrick Kane
    thinks that the Chicago Blackhawks need to work at being more successful with the man advantage this season. "Even just looking at a couple years ago on the Stanley Cup [run], my point production was pretty much the same 5-on-5 as it was last year, but the power play was about 20 more points," he said. "It's a huge part of our offense, and obviously last year it wasn't very good. It's probably one of the reasons we didn't do as well throughout our season. It's something we'll have to fix a little bit." Chicago ranked near the bottom of the NHL with their power-play success rate last season. They weren't anything special with the man advantage during the 2009-10 regular season, but they had an impressive 22.5% success rate in the 2010 postseason en route to winning the Stanley Cup.
    thinks that his stint in Switzerland will be a benefit to him going into the shortened season. "I think it's going to be big for me," Kane said. "Before I came back, I played eight games in 10 days, or something like that. At one point, it was five in five nights. It was really good for my conditioning and skating and everything, and you're playing on a bigger ice. I'm glad I did it. It was a good experience, and hopefully it'll help during the season." Kane had 13 goals and 23 points in 20 Swiss games. Look for him to be about a point-per-game player in 2013.
    Viktor Stalberg
    is happy with the job NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr did during the CBA negotiations. "(Fehr) did a tremendous job of keeping everyone together and keeping us informed," Stalberg said. "Last time around they weren't as good at doing that and that put guys in different corners at times. It's hard to get a good negotiation if you're not sticking together. It proved to be a great acquisition to get him to represent us." Stalberg's views seem to be popular with the players in general. They are currently voting on the new CBA and it's expected to pass Saturday morning.

vCash
    Did we spell Chicago wrong in the thread title for a reason or am I just having a flare up of OCD? Happy to have something to read again!

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    Did we spell Chicago wrong in the thread title for a reason or am I just having a flare up of OCD? Happy to have something to read again!
    I think it is spelled correctly..

(either that or I changed it once I saw your post...)
    Last edited by Boom!; 01-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Per Sassone

“@TimSassone: No official NHL schedule yet. Unofficially, #Blackhawks will play first 10 of 12 on the road because of ice show and two Lady Gaga concerts.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Per Sassone
    Yep from what I heard, the only 2 home games in the first 12 games are against STL on 1/22 and DET on 1/27

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Not 100% confirmed, but the first 12 games of the season:

1/19 @ LA
    1/20 @ PHX
    1/22 vs STL
    1/24 @ DAL
    1/26 @ CBJ
    1/27 vs DET
    1/30 @ MIN
    2/1 @ VAN
    2/2 @ CGY
    2/5 @ SJ
    2/7 @ PHX
    2/10 @ NSH

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!

vCash
    I like 10 of the first 12 on the road. Everybody will be rusty. Going to be much easier to steal a few road wins than later in the season. Hawks come out .500 in those games and hold serve at home the rest of the year and they're in very good shape.

vCash
    I seen a pic leaked of a schedule. Hawks have a 7-8 Home game stand too

vCash
    I wish they would hurry up and announce the results of the player voting lol

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I wish they would hurry up and announce the results of the player voting lol
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413376

Looks like they are good to go!

vCash
    “@TramyersCSN: #Blackhawks officially recall seven: Bollig, Kruger, Pirri, Saad, Shaw, Leddy and Stanton from the Rockford IceHogs.”
    I hope Stanton makes it. One of my fav hogs. Glad to see he's getting a good look

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    I hope Stanton makes it. One of my fav hogs. Glad to see he's getting a good look
    Pirri and Stanton better get good opps to show what they can do. I know Q doesn't like to play young guys too much, but you gotta do what you gotta do to see what you have. Pirri > Kruger

vCash
    Jaeckel says Bowman is going after a goalie.....thoughts?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ight/128/48426

vCash
    Jaeckel is always wrong because he's a douche who makes **** up.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast