Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    like i was saying dont trade n.leddy .too athletic, too young,great skater on/off puck. and he proved my point last night against detroit my friends.he has too much of a upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I think it's pretty inexcusable on Stan's part to not add Arnott at the price the Rangers payed. If Johnny or Bolland go down, we're ****ed.
    Still feel that way?
    He Failed his physical
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by str8balla4life View Post
    like i was saying dont trade n.leddy .too athletic, too young,great skater on/off puck. and he proved my point last night against detroit my friends.he has too much of a upside.
    Also soon to get pretty pricey. Hawks have a lot of money invested in the defense. I can't stress enough how ugly the Oduya contract is, but Bowman seems to value him more than he should. I still believe goaltending exposes itself as the biggest issue on the team at some point this season. In which case Leddy becomes a pretty nice looking trade chip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Also soon to get pretty pricey. Hawks have a lot of money invested in the defense. I can't stress enough how ugly the Oduya contract is, but Bowman seems to value him more than he should. I still believe goaltending exposes itself as the biggest issue on the team at some point this season. In which case Leddy becomes a pretty nice looking trade chip.
    If tgey can move Oduya at the deadline, I'd be a happy camper. Hated that signing. Would've loved Methot. Vet d-men will be highly coveted via trade in a couple months. Oduya is too pricey for the third pairing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    If tgey can move Oduya at the deadline, I'd be a happy camper. Hated that signing. Would've loved Methot. Vet d-men will be highly coveted via trade in a couple months. Oduya is too pricey for the third pairing.
    Oduya is our best +/- Man this far, maybe our best DMan this year...why trade him?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    Oduya is our best +/- Man this far, maybe our best DMan this year...why trade him?
    I disagree, Oduya is a liability imo. He makes careless lazy passes constantly. I'd prefer a physical d-man capable of playing 2nd pairing mins with Hammer. Hammer and Leddy are playing on another level this year. Love that 3rd pairing of Leddy/Rozy btw, perfect complimentary fit together.

vCash
    I disagree, Oduya is a liability imo. He makes careless lazy passes constantly. I'd prefer a physical d-man capable of playing 2nd pairing mins with Hammer. Hammer and Leddy are playing on another level this year. Love that 3rd pairing of Leddy/Rozy btw, perfect complimentary fit together.
    I'm waiting to see the Oduya that played in the regular season last year. He was terrible in the playoffs and has been meh so far. I don't think the contract is terrible but the Blackhawks need to see that player from last regular season if it is going to be an okay contract in the end.

I do love the depth that the Blackhawks have on defense right now and I certainly would not be actively looking to trading any Dmen at the current time just because that depth has already come in handy in this shortened season. Now, that doesn't mean you don't pull the trigger if the right deal comes along.

vCash
    I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Oduya. I think he's been pretty solid thus far this year. Also, more importantly, he allows Hammer to play his game and keeps Leddy on the 3rd pair, instead of playing 22 mins a game like last year. Oduya isn't great, but I think he's competent and allows the other d men to fit better in their slots.

vCash
    The biggest different that the depth allows is the following...

Keith - 24:22 TOI/G
    Seabrook - 23:24 TOI/G

Keep Keith and Seabrook fresh and this team can compete in a big way. Having Rozsival/Brookbank as the #6/7 is turning out to be a very solid move. Not trading Hjalmarsson this offseason (when it was rumored he would be) is turning out to be a great depth move and Hammer is looking good so far this offseason.

Improved defense (along with improved shotblocking to go along) is definitely helping Crawford already.

Scoring goals wasn't a problem last year...the defense/goaltending were and with the Blackhawks, they go hand and hand with the talent they have. Crawford isn't necessarily going to steal you games, but if the defense can help out to make sure he doesn't lose them for the Blackhawks, they will be in good shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Oduya. I think he's been pretty solid thus far this year. Also, more importantly, he allows Hammer to play his game and keeps Leddy on the 3rd pair, instead of playing 22 mins a game like last year. Oduya isn't great, but I think he's competent and allows the other d men to fit better in their slots.
    That is the key right there. Oduya's solid play in his own end has allowed Hjalmarsson to worry less about the other side (ie Leddy last year) and focus on his own end.

Barring an injury or 2, I wouldnt touch the D either. I like Leddy playing on the 3rd pair with time on the PP.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Not a rumor in any way, but more of an idea that is two fold here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7452

Ryan O'Reilly...not looking good for the Avs right now.

1. What would you trade to get him?
    2. What would you sign him for in order to make you want to trade for him?

vCash
    Talk about careless passes? LEDDY. He made quite a few, i forgot which game its the one where he went end to end and centered it (Stars?) IDK, But he made a bad play on that same play, but recovered. He's made many bad plays this year, everybody is so in love with Leddy all of a sudden, id rather trade him then have to resign him considering this TINY TINY sample size we have seen from him...
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Leddy is 21. He was in over his head last year, asked to do to much too soon. I've seen improvement in his game and wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him. Also, after Subban signed as a RFA for only $2.875 per, I don't think Leddy's contract will be too bad.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 01-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Not a rumor in any way, but more of an idea that is two fold here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7452

Ryan O'Reilly...not looking good for the Avs right now.

1. What would you trade to get him?
    2. What would you sign him for in order to make you want to trade for him?
    Meh... I dont know...

I would send Teravainen, Saad, and Frolik to Anaheim for Getzlaf in a heartbeat.

Buy out Montador and Oduya in the offseason and they will be good to go.

Carcillo/Toews/Hossa
    Sharp/Getzlaf/Kane
    Shaw/Bolland/Stalberg
    Bollig/Kruger/Bickell
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 01-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    ^^^^ But with this idea, Bowman would have to make sure getzlaf resigns or they just threw away two legoit prospects for a rental player

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast