Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Via Tracey Myers

Q said Viktor Stalberg could see some power-play time this season. #Blackhawks
    I don't know if I'm a fan of this one. His feet are too fast for his hands and he can make some sloppy decisions.

Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Sharp are guarantees on the PP (for the most part on offense). Basically a couple spots after that and I like Shaw, Bolland, and maybe even Bollig/Carcillo (in front of the net but isn't half bad) to compete for those. I don't know where or what type of system Stalberg could fit into and do well.

vCash
    I hate Bolland as the 2nd line C almost as much as I hate him as a person.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think Icehog is right on, Ottawa may be the team. Anderson, Bishop, and Lehner. Bishop and Lehner are both exciting prospects but there are still risks because they haven't been fully tested at the NHL level. Anderson has been a little up and down as well. All 3 have certain risks but each probably has a top level that is above Crawford's.
    Anderson only makes sense if Crawford is going the other way. Bishop is an RFA after this season. Lehner, who makes the most sense for the Hawks, has a two-way contract and the Hawks have zero goalie prospects near NHL-ready anytime soon. Perhaps the idea is to bring in Lehner for Rockford this season, dump Emery in the offseason, and use Crawford/Lehner next season. Sens probably want Leddy while Bowman would rather dump Hammer and that's the main holdup, just a hunch.

vCash
    If the Sens were willing to send Lehner over for Leddy, I will go to Chicago myself and drive Nick to the airport.

Edit: Just an interesting thought here. How many Blackhawks fans don't remember Craig Anderson as a Hawk? Most of them?
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    If the Sens were willing to send Lehner over for Leddy, I will go to Chicago myself and drive Nick to the airport.

Edit: Just an interesting thought here. How many Blackhawks fans don't remember Craig Anderson as a Hawk? Most of them?
    I meant the Sens would prefer a trade package based around Leddy rather than a package based around Hammer. Leddy/Methot would be a solid 2nd pairing for them.

I remember Anderson's stint with the Hawks. Everyone thought he'd be Thibault's successor except he didn't play too well in Chicago, but kept teasing everyone with his play in AHL.

vCash
    Q on Stanton
    Coach Joel Quenneville saw Stanton in Rockford this fall/early winter and likes what he’s seen.

“I really enjoyed the way he’s played this year. He’s stable and adds depth back there, brings consistency on the back end,” he said. “He’s got some experience, got some physicality. Every game, you knew what he was going to do.”

“He’s very close to playing up here; he’s seeing our system and learning from that as well,” Quenneville continued. “A lot of guys are going to get a chance to play. He’s earned it.”
    Rockford call-ups haven’t ended. Late Monday, forward Jimmy Hayes was recalled and will likely be at Tuesday’s practice. Hayes has 17 points and a plus-2 rating in 37 games with the IceHogs this season.

Hayes may have been recalled due to the absence of Marcus Kruger, who missed Monday’s practice with the flu. Quenneville said he wasn’t sure if Kruger will return Tuesday. The flu has been bad this winter – it was near epidemic in the Chicago area last week – and Quenneville said it’s something the staff will watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I meant the Sens would prefer a trade package based around Leddy rather than a package based around Hammer. Leddy/Methot would be a solid 2nd pairing for them.

I remember Anderson's stint with the Hawks. Everyone thought he'd be Thibault's successor except he didn't play too well in Chicago, but kept teasing everyone with his play in AHL.
    And I'd make that swap in a heartbeat.

vCash
    And I'd make that swap in a heartbeat.
    I think most of us would but Bowman values his prospects too much to get a deal done. Hawks have forwards for days and a deep blue line but won't pay up for a nice near NHL-ready goalie. Trade deadline isn't til April 3rd but Sens need blueliners asap. Maybe the Hawks are holding out?

vCash
    I think most of us would but Bowman values his prospects too much to get a deal done. Hawks have forwards for days and a deep blue line but won't pay up for a nice near NHL-ready goalie. Trade deadline isn't til April 3rd but Sens need blueliners asap. Maybe the Hawks are holding out?
    If it were anyone else, I would say Bowman's seat should be getting warm. He's yet to make one substantial upgrade in his time here. Not a lot of risk in netting a high end goaltender prospect for a kid who will never play himself onto any top D pairing. If those are the big parts moving, there should be no hesitation. If we're talking Ben Bishop here, then Ottawa should be told right where to shove it. I have little interest in Anderson. That just seems a bit band-aidy for me, even if he is a quality starter.

vCash
    I think the trade deadline this year is going to be a dud for the most part. We all saw last year how tight things were and how many teams thought they were actually in the race. With a shortened season, I would have to imagine that even more teams are going to believe that they are in it.

vCash
    Corey Crawford and Ray Emery
    will split all the back-to-back games this season according to coach Joel Quenneville. The Blackhawks play 12 back-to-back games as the NHL has a compressed schedule in which Chicago will play 48 games in 99 days, so both netminders will get plenty of action this season. Crawford was mediocre last season and will look to rebound but Quenneville said that he will likely go with the hot hand, so Emery has an opportunity to steal the job from Crawford. That being said, we are looking for Crawford to show his rookie form when he was one of the top goaltenders in the NHL, rather than his less than stellar performance of last season.
    Marian Hossa
    said he is ready for Saturday's opener following the second day of Chicago's training camp on Monday. "It's been a long time without hockey for me," said Hossa, who suffered a concussion in the first round of the 2012 postseason last April. "I tried to stay in the best shape I could (during the lockout) and so far I feel good." He has received some contact, which is a good sign after he took an accidental big hit from teammate Brandon Bollig during practice three days ago. Hossa appears to be all systems go, which is great news for the Blackhawks and potential fantasy owners.

vCash
    Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: "Senators GM Bryan Murray said he’s been on the phones talking deals for a defenseman, but the asking prices are high."

“We keep talking. I’ve been talking to a variety of teams about what they might have available,” said Murray. “It doesn’t sound promising at the moment. Not a lot of people are going to give unless you give a lot back.

“We’ll keep looking and talking. The priority right now is to promote our own people. We’ve got a number of young guys that are probably deserving of a look early on in particular, and then we’ll have to see.”

vCash

Craig Anderson's issues in Chicago stem off of the great Russian Politician/Goalie Coach that wasn't there to mentor and guide Anderson and Leighton into the pros. Both ended up solid goalies once out of Chicago because they coaching to develop them.

Anderson buys time and is not a long term solution, but it's hard not to pull for a Chicago kid that played in juniors for the Freeze.

If we are built to win now, go for the short term answer and look to the draft, free agency, or trade down the road.

vCash
    Just saw Gomez will be bought out by the Habs. Anyone here think he could fill the 2nd line center role on a year deal as insurance if Bolland/Kruger/Kane/Pirri don't work out. Haven't seen him play in awhile and I'm sure there can't be a lot left in his game but would he be valuable? 49.6% on FO last year is kind of weak but he would provide somewhat of a veteran presence down the middle. Personally, I think Arnott would be better in this role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckleiner21 View Post
    Just saw Gomez will be bought out by the Habs. Anyone here think he could fill the 2nd line center role on a year deal as insurance if Bolland/Kruger/Kane/Pirri don't work out. Haven't seen him play in awhile and I'm sure there can't be a lot left in his game but would he be valuable? 49.6% on FO last year is kind of weak but he would provide somewhat of a veteran presence down the middle. Personally, I think Arnott would be better in this role.
    He is going to be bought out after this season, so he wouldn't be a possibility for this year.

EDIT: Just saw the accelerated buy out option.
    Last edited by Boom!; 01-15-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast