Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013-14 Rumors and News

Post rumors on the season about Blackhawks players

vCash
    Patrick Kane
    Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks may be perceived as a superstar by most but Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Rosenbloom suggests the high-profile forward would be good trade bait with the shortened NHL season about to begin. "Condensed seasons create some sloppy play," Rosenbloom writes."Mistakes come from fatigue. Special teams become vital. If (Jonathan) Toews or (Marian) Hossa suffers a concussion again -- and I think it's unavoidable for at least one of them -- then the Hawks' penalty killing could cost them games. The lack of total top-end talent could cost them a playoff spot.That's why you have to think about trading Kane. I know he has wondrous puck skills at times, and I know he is a fan favorite. This has nothing to do with the face of the franchise laying face-down on a bar. This has everything to do with making the team better by getting a quality player at a more important position. The angry post-lockout environment could be a great time to deal him, too."

vCash
    The team is talent-deprived as it is. Why trade one of the few true talents left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Patrick Kane
    I've mentioned it a few times in the B's forum but I'd love to see a Kane for Krejci swap. Boston has enough centers and can let Krejci go, for Chicago they get a #1a center to play behind Toews. Same contract length and Krejci comes about a million cheaper then Kane. There'd be other pieces involved but these would be the guys the deal is built around.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    When did Krejci become a #1 center? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    When did Krejci become a #1 center? lol
    Are you serious? Krejci's numbers are slightly below Toews and I'd consider him an elite #1 center. In a 4 year avg lets see how they stacked up against each other

315GP / 64G / 174A / 238 Pts - 51% in the dot

297GP / 120G / 150A / 270 Pts - 54% in the dot

Krejci gets lost in the shuffle among NHL fans because the B's more well known guys like Seguin, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Thomas & Marchand.

Among centers Krejci has been top 20 in 3 of the last 4 years and has a FO% over 50%, I'd consider that a #1 center

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I've mentioned it a few times in the B's forum but I'd love to see a Kane for Krejci swap. Boston has enough centers and can let Krejci go, for Chicago they get a #1a center to play behind Toews. Same contract length and Krejci comes about a million cheaper then Kane. There'd be other pieces involved but these would be the guys the deal is built around.
    I wouldn't do this unless the other pieces involved favor us. Now if you were to add in Dougie Hamilton and we add in maybe Leddy, then we can talk.

vCash
    Are you serious? Krejci's numbers are slightly below Toews and I'd consider him an elite #1 center. In a 4 year avg lets see how they stacked up against each other

315GP / 64G / 174A / 238 Pts - 51% in the dot

297GP / 120G / 150A / 270 Pts - 54% in the dot

Krejci gets lost in the shuffle among NHL fans because the B's more well known guys like Seguin, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Thomas & Marchand.

Among centers Krejci has been top 20 in 3 of the last 4 years and has a FO% over 50%, I'd consider that a #1 center
    Well you didn't average anything, but I'll do it for you. These numbers are on a per game basis.

Toews: 0.41 goals, 0.51 assists, 0.92 points
    Krejci: 0.24 goals, 0.55 assists, 0.79 points

Even as an elite center, Toews is not nearly as productive offensively as other top centers in the game. That being said, what this doesn't take into account is that Toews' point per game average is trending upward, while Krejci's has stalled the last two years. But since you proposed a trade involving Kane, we'll average his last 4 years too.

Kane: 0.33 goals, 0.61 assists, 0.94 points

Any deal involving Kane is a pipe dream unless we're talking Seguin coming this way. Krejci is not on his level and never will be. And that's at Kane performing at his current level, which I think others here will agree is about 80-90% of what he's capable of.

Patrick Kane can take over a game with his skill. He's much more established than your typical 24-year old talent. He'd cost much more than a centerpiece of Krejci. I seriously doubt the Hawks are much interested in listening to any offer anyway. Kane is on an affordable deal and he's ours for at least the next three seasons. No reason to negotiate now.

vCash
    I think a Kane deal could work but in a year or two. I think you hold off until the 2014 draft. By that time you know what you have in Teravainen (who is being tabbed as Kane 2.0). If you think Teravainen can fill his shoes and you can get a package that fills multiple other holes, then I would think you have to pull the trigger. I've never been in favor of losing Kane's talent and skill set. But Teravainen was very impressive in the WJC's and has 19 points in 24 games in SM-Liga right now. Scouting report:

A forward who can play as either a center or winger. A solid scorer with very good playmaking and fantastic on-ice vision. Has excellent hockey sense and puck-handling. Very creative and calm with the puck, effective on the powerplay. Able to play his way out of trouble but needs to gain strength.

Is this not Kane? If he's ready by 2014 I say pull the trigger.

vCash
    Yea, now is not the time to trade Kane. Personally, I don't know if there will ever be a time to trade a top end talent who is signed long term. Usually it is hard to get back equal value or even close to it (Rick Nash trade anyone?). Also...the reason that the Blackhawks should trade him because it it a shortened season is absolutely stupid.

vCash
    Last edited by Boom!; 01-09-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Post moved to another thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I wouldn't do this unless the other pieces involved favor us. Now if you were to add in Dougie Hamilton and we add in maybe Leddy, then we can talk.
    Would never happen, Hamilton is one of the best D-prospects in the game. Any trade talk PC has end when a team mentions Hamilton (see Rick Nash negotiation)

Well you didn't average anything, but I'll do it for you. These numbers are on a per game basis.

Toews: 0.41 goals, 0.51 assists, 0.92 points
    Krejci: 0.24 goals, 0.55 assists, 0.79 points

Even as an elite center, Toews is not nearly as productive offensively as other top centers in the game. That being said, what this doesn't take into account is that Toews' point per game average is trending upward, while Krejci's has stalled the last two years. But since you proposed a trade involving Kane, we'll average his last 4 years too.

Kane: 0.33 goals, 0.61 assists, 0.94 points

Any deal involving Kane is a pipe dream unless we're talking Seguin coming this way. Krejci is not on his level and never will be. And that's at Kane performing at his current level, which I think others here will agree is about 80-90% of what he's capable of.

Patrick Kane can take over a game with his skill. He's much more established than your typical 24-year old talent. He'd cost much more than a centerpiece of Krejci. I seriously doubt the Hawks are much interested in listening to any offer anyway. Kane is on an affordable deal and he's ours for at least the next three seasons. No reason to negotiate now.
    That is a pipe dream, you could say at 20 years old that Seguin is just as good as Kane. Seguin plays a complete game and is effective in all 3 zones. It's no secret that Kane lacks in the defensive zone. I'm not sure how you can say he's on an affordable contract, I mean he's your highest paid player right now.

vCash
    Kane is not the problem and you do not want to trade him for a 2C.

Bowman needs to find a 2C (whether its Teravainen or not) which will make the top 6 forwards that much better.

Imagine if the Hawks had a legit 2C. That would make the top line and 2nd line more consistent and much better. They get juggled around and play out of their natural positions too much. Finding a 2C would allow this team full of wingers to play their actual position!!!

If Sharp/Toews/Kane always played together then wow....it would be the top line in the NHL.

With that being said, imagine Hossa with a pure 2C on the 2nd line feeding him passes all day.

The answer is not to trade Kane, it is to find a 2C to play with the top 6. At this point, I would give up any prospect including Teravainen to find that guy
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 01-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Would never happen, Hamilton is one of the best D-prospects in the game. Any trade talk PC has end when a team mentions Hamilton (see Rick Nash negotiation)

That is a pipe dream, you could say at 20 years old that Seguin is just as good as Kane. Seguin plays a complete game and is effective in all 3 zones. It's no secret that Kane lacks in the defensive zone. I'm not sure how you can say he's on an affordable contract, I mean he's your highest paid player right now.
    If Chiarelli calls up Bowman about Kane, you don't think the Hawks specifically ask for Seguin in return? Talks would go no further.

Kane is not nearly as inept in the defensive zone as fans seem to think. But the point here is that top end talent costs top end talent. Krejci doesn't persuade the Hawks to part with Kane. Not even close. And compared with other contracts around the league, having Toews and Kane both on $6.3 million deals is quite affordable. Neither is an ugly contract, and we've got plenty of those.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.

vCash

Believe me, I get that. I'm just saying you're not getting Kane in a deal with Krejci as the main piece unless the other players involved favor us significantly. Right now, Kane's definitely a better scorer than Krejci, is 2 years younger, and is also the better playoff performer. My point being that Krejci and prospects won't get you Kane unless we're backed against a wall and HAVE to trade him. Even then, I'd much rather trade Kane for a Bobby Ryan type or possibly a PK Subban type. The Hawks can get more for Kane and would obviously push for a player like Hamilton to be included, and like you said, your GM would end talks there. I'm 100% ok with that.

If Chiarelli calls up Bowman about Kane, you don't think the Hawks specifically ask for Seguin in return? Talks would go no further.

Kane is not nearly as inept in the defensive zone as fans seem to think. But the point here is that top end talent costs top end talent. Krejci doesn't persuade the Hawks to part with Kane. Not even close. And compared with other contracts around the league, having Toews and Kane both on $6.3 million deals is quite affordable. Neither is an ugly contract, and we've got plenty of those.
    Krejci is a very nice player. I'd say he's a very good 2nd line C or a solid 1st line C. He has significant trade value, but not nearly as much as Kane does. Like I said before, prospects wouldn't bridge the gap between Kane and Krejci, simply because we're not rebuilding. If you were trading with the right team, Krejci and prospects could get you a similar player (in terms of trade value) to Kane. Trading with Anaheim for Bobby Ryan I think would fit both of your teams well as Anaheim might go into a rebuild. If that's the case, Krejci and prospects/picks for Ryan is a mutually beneficial deal.

Hope that didn't sound too harsh. I don't want to discourage you or fans of other teams from posting in our forums. All I'm saying is that a Kane for Krejci+ trade probably doesn't work for us.

Edit: Oh, and yes, we'd probably ask for Seguin back in a Kane deal, and I completely understand that your GM would hang up the phone. Seguin's one hell of a player. He should be a fun one to watch for years to come.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 01-09-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast