Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you sign Michael Bourn, or do you keep the 11th pick in the draft

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign Michael Bourn to 3 year deal

13 29.55%
  • Keep 11th pick in the 2013 draft

31 70.45%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    For starters, the poll is a bit mis-leading. There is no chance Boras settles on a 3 year contract for Bourn. At worst, he will sign a 1-year deal and enter the market again next season.

Now, the Mets are in no position to be giving away their top draft pick for aging players, especially when that player won't make a big enough difference in 2013.

Unless we somehow got Upton, that is the only way I'd get Bourn.

I think the owners are quite happy with the CBA as it is and expect the same next year. The only way any team will be interested in Bourn is if they can get that 3-4 year deal, because they are spending a draft pick.

Nobody (other than Atlanta) is going to sign Bourn to a 1-year deal. If I were Atlanta, I'd just let him twist in the wind with the qualifying offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Picking some 18 year old in the draft is beyond rebuilding. If we are rebuilding, we shouldn't have to wait 6 years until that player is good for us.
    Who said we are picking a 18 year old? It's about stocking the farm system so that it will allow us to trade for a big bat or pitcher if need be also.

vCash
    Bourn just doesn't make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team, especially a rebuilding team that's not heavily in the FA or trade market this offseason.

I still think he gets 3 years (4 years with a vesting or team option) but the 2nd half dropoff and all the CS don't project well for an already 30 year old CF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    For starters, the poll is a bit mis-leading. There is no chance Boras settles on a 3 year contract for Bourn. At worst, he will sign a 1-year deal and enter the market again next season.

Now, the Mets are in no position to be giving away their top draft pick for aging players, especially when that player won't make a big enough difference in 2013.

Unless we somehow got Upton, that is the only way I'd get Bourn.
    What's funny is, Bourn may settle for a 1 yr deal, have another good yr, we suck worse than last yr which is expected and we get a protected pick, then we can sign him to a multiyear deal if we want and still keep our pick. I wouldn't mind that if he shows that his speed isn't on decline.

No way I sign him this yr though and forfeit the 11th pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    What's funny is, Bourn may settle for a 1 yr deal, have another good yr, we suck worse than last yr which is expected and we get a protected pick, then we can sign him to a multiyear deal if we want and still keep our pick. I wouldn't mind that if he shows that his speed isn't on decline.

No way I sign him this yr though and forfeit the 11th pick.
    Yeah, I'd do that for sure.

vCash
    Its utter ******** that we dont have a protected pick, but at the same time... I want Bourn. Bourn for 3 years is way superor to anything else we can get out there. He may even make us a playoff team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    The Mets don't need to help Atlanta draft anymore studs to kill us in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234