Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up David Caldwell new Jaguars GM!

Update:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    As @jayglazer reported, Jaguars and Dave Caldwell have agreed to terms on a new contract to make him Jacksonville's new GM.
    Last edited by WolvesJagsOs; 01-08-2013 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Pretty excited about this hire. When can we hire a coach if he's in the playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesjagsos View Post
    pretty excited about this hire. When can we hire a coach if he's in the playoffs?
    rules on nfl coaching interviews

the future of jacksonville jaguars head coach mike mularkey is still up in the air, and many have asked what the rules are for interviewing and hiring coaches who are currently employed by teams in the playoffs. Typically, teams will have to wait until the bye week or when a team is eliminated from the playoffs, but there is a a set of rules that teams have to go by.

January 6 - assistant coaches under contract with playoff teams that have byes in "wild card" weekend can be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the wild card games. Teams must ask for permission to interview.

January 13 - assistant coaches under contract with playoff teams that won wild card games may be
    interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of divisional playoff games.

January 27 - assistant coaches whose team is participating in the super bowl, that has previously
    interviewed for another team's head coaching job may have a second interview with the same team no
    later than the sunday prior to the super bowl.

As far as i know, the same rules apply for front office positions on playoff teams.
    - bcc
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    - bcc
    Kinda sucks...want to get it done.

I guess don't get too excited yet, not 100% sure it's official.

vCash
    It's official, time to find a new HC!

vCash
    The Jacksonville Jaguars have hired David Caldwell as their new general manager, replacing Gene Smith just a week after he was fired. Caldwell has been with the Atlanta Falcons the past five seasons, being promoted to the director of player personell this past offseason. Prior to that, Caldwell spent the previous four seasons as the team's director of college scouting.

Dave Choate of The Falcoholic, SB Nation's Atlanta Falcons blog, shares his thoughts on the new Jaguars general manager:

You've got a shrewd talent evaluator in Dave Caldwell. He's been instrumental behind the scenes in building the current Falcons team, assisting GM Thomas Dimitroff in the draft, free agency and trades. Dimitroff has surrounded himself with intelligent, hard-working people who actively seek out underappreciated talent. Caldwell was not Director of Player Personnel by accident, and he'll immediately upgrade your team's drafting eye, at minimum.

Expect Caldwell to pull together a nice draft for the Jaguars, and to upgrade the evaluators at every level of the organization. He's a great hire.
    The consensus seems to be that Caldwell is a great hire for the Jaguars, so hopefully that pans out. Lord knows we need it.
    -BCC

Good to see all the discussion in this thread...

vCash
    according to Pete prisco we got one of the top 2 guys who cream of the crop

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Last edited by jobclarke; 01-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    according to Pete prisco we got one of the top 2 guys who cream of the crop
    No doubt about it. All i've heard is how great of a talent evaluator he is, look at that post from sbnation I posted...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    No doubt about it. All i've heard is how great of a talent evaluator he is, look at that post from sbnation I posted...
    if im not mistaken the same thing was said about gene.

ill wait to see wat he does before i make my judgement.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I heard his name often as a rising star in our organization over the last few years, even more than Emery (the guy who left us to take the Bears GM job), so this might work out for you guys. Good luck against the other 30 teams.

vCash
    He can't do worse than his predecessor. Without trying deliberately to sabotage the team at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    if im not mistaken the same thing was said about gene.

ill wait to see wat he does before i make my judgement.
    Eh, IDK about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I heard his name often as a rising star in our organization over the last few years, even more than Emery (the guy who left us to take the Bears GM job), so this might work out for you guys. Good luck against the other 30 teams.
    Thanks man. Appreciate it. I've also heard that, with most people considering him one of the top young GM candidates. So happy we got him here in J-Ville, we needed it.

vCash
    Excellent. A new coaching staff is coming soon.

Shaolin Scobee

vCash
    I'm not impressed with this guy Greg Roman who was Caldwell's college roommate. You need a better reason than that to hire a guy. Roman has bounced around a lot. Never lasted too long in one spot. Bring back Dirk Koetter from Atlanta.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast