Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

New Jersey Senate President: Christie prayed for hurricane

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...sandy-to-come/

TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney (D-Gloucester) said Monday that Gov. Chris Christie might have “prayed” for Superstorm Sandy, because it has provided cover for what Sweeney said are the governor’s failed economic policies.

Sweeney said the Republican governor’s jobs plan before Sandy was a disaster, and now the reconstruction will provide an economic boost through thousands of construction jobs.

“I guess he prayed a lot and got lucky because a storm came,” Sweeney said.

play
    New Jersey Senate President: Christie May Have 'Prayed' For Sandy To ComeSt. Sen. Steve Sweeney Makes Comments On Christie, Sandy
    00:00
    Democrats have for some time blamed Christie’s administration for failing to create jobs or rescue more homeowners from foreclosure.

Republicans called the comment “way out of line.”

Sweeney, who is the most powerful elected Democrat in New Jersey, immediately apologized for the remark.

The South Jersey lawmaker announced at the same event said he is thinking about getting into the governor’s race. If he does, he will join a potentially crowded field that already includes State Sen. Barbara Buono of Metuchen and may also include former Gov. Richard Codey.

State Democrats gave popular Newark Mayor Cory Booker the right of first refusal for the governor’s race. Booker opted against a run for governor.

Do you think the comment was “way out of line?” Leave your comments below…

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Oh man! Are we sinking to the Republican level? Thought us Dems are better than this.

vCash

New Jersey Senate President: Christie prayed for hurricane

I thought it was hilarious

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    What a *******. I hope that he gets primaried and defeated.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I think this is a dick thing to say, but his approval ratings were plummeting before Sandy, and now he's back in the high esteem of the public. To say that it didn't contribute positively to his public image would be wrong. But to suggest that Christie "prayed" or hoped for such a tragic event is pretty horrific.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    I think this is a dick thing to say, but his approval ratings were plummeting before Sandy, and now he's back in the high esteem of the public. To say that it didn't contribute positively to his public image would be wrong. But to suggest that Christie "prayed" or hoped for such a tragic event is pretty horrific.
    That happens a lot of times with everyone though when things tragically happen. Obama's approval rating went up. Heck didn't Clinton supposedly say to Romney Hurricane Sandy gave Obama the election. Not going to knock Obama for that either if it was true.

vCash
    doesnt this concern you on a differnt level though?

At one point when I started my buisness, I was supervising an accounting process.
    any variance was to be indicated on a shipping Manifest, and I had several people helping and turning the bills of ladings in to me. One kid I hired wrote ,all F..cked up at the top of the lading when the contenst didnt match the order.

I fired him immediately.
    When i talked to him about it, I told him,It isnt that you wrote it, its that you thought it would be OK. Your not going to offend me with your language, but you can with your stupidity.

this jackhole is an embarrasment to the party and needs to be fired.

8. 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
    Reason
    nevermind