Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bryan Thomas was arrested on Halloween

Not much that went on with the Jets this season behind the scenes managed to stay out of the press, but the arrest of linebacker Bryan Thomas during the season was kept under wraps until Tuesday.

The Morris County Daily Record in New Jersey reports that Thomas has applied for admission into a probation program to resolve charges from his October 31st arrest. Thomas has been charged with assaulting his wife, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana, and possession of 20 tablets of suspected hydrocodone.

According to the complaint, Thomas “allegedly pushed his wife with a kitchen chair (the weapon cited in the charges), punched her in the stomach, and grabbed her by the neck, causing pain and marks on her body.” Police found the drugs and paraphernalia at Thomas’s home.

Thomas posted $2,500 bail on those charges at the time. If he is allowed into the pre-trial diversion program for first-time offenders, the charges would be dismissed and his criminal record cleared upon completion of the conditions of probation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ctober-arrest/

vCash
    Just in case anybody gets confused reading it, yes, he is getting charged with unlawful possession of a kitchen chair.

vCash
    What an idiot...goodbye Bryan - underachiever and above average run stopper at best.

I have no respect for a man who punches a woman. Now I cannot "prove" he did and I presume there many shady woman in the world who pull crazy **** (cheating, stealing) but just walk away for lord's sake.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 01-09-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Please don't insult trannys

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    What an idiot...goodbye Bryan - underachiever and above average run stopper at best.

I have no respect for a man who punches a woman. Now I cannot "prove" he did and I presume there many shady woman in the world who pull crazy **** (cheating, stealing) but just walk away for lord's sake.
    Agree..good riddance Bryan..
    Last edited by jetsforever; 01-09-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Adjusting quote

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Just in case anybody gets confused reading it, yes, he is getting charged with unlawful possession of a kitchen chair.
    That is spooky. These charges are scary. Maybe he was just staying in character?

I have the flu and can't think of any better Halloween jokes. Anyway, please let the facts come out people, instead of rushing to judgement.
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 01-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.

6. 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
    Reason
    Quoting deleted section of quote

vCash

vCash
    Like JF28 said, let all the facts come out first.

But ****ing kudos to the people who kept it under wraps.

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    With or without the cushions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    With or without the cushions?
    The chair was cushionless, but did have those little felt thingies on the bottom of the legs.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

Rainey vs. Thomas

I'm no angel and not perfect but I try to do the right thing. Interesting watching the steelers and jets handle a very similar situation. Chris Rainey is arrested for a domestic violence incident. He is waived the same day. Steelers made a statement about player conduct and what they accept from their employees.

What do the jets do when confronted with a similar situation? They hush it up for 3 weeks and keep the guy around. I know I'm over simplifying this and I wasn't there but it does tell you something about the jets.

vCash
    Rainy is a rookie though so he has short leash. Thomas is a vet and has been apart of this franchise for his entire career which means he built a loyal relationship with this team. They probably knew that this is his last year on his deal so simply they'll show respect and let him finish out his contract and that will be it for him.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    I think the issue is more that he beat his wife up.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    I think the issue is more that he beat his wife up.
    Innocent until proven guilty, but yes that is definitely the issue.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    i do get where you are coming from and would agree with you if this was anyone else but Thomas. Like the person above me said hes been with us his whole career and he must have proven to have a good character inside the lockeroom to be with us this long, also i could be wrong but i dont remember thomas ever being in trouble too. Everyone does stupid **** and there is 2 sides to every story (although if he really did beat his wife thats ****ed up) but you never know with these athletes everyones trying to sue them for money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast