Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I think I stated that without the extension there's no deal. Pretty sure I covered that.

Why do you keep arguing like we are in a position to leverage Cano. Hes gone next year, has flatly, let me repeat that, F-L-A-T-L-Y stated that he's testing the market.

Also, now you're arguing that they're going to command similar money so we should just retain what we know though you were previously arguing that Morse is nowhere near the talent that Cano is.

Make no mistake, if you can get an extension agreement out of Morse that is far better than the almost certainty that the Yankees, especially given Hals newfound frugality, are going to enter a bidding war that starts at around seven years, twenty three million annually guaranteed.
    I don't think they'll make similar amounts. I was saying that they're both going to command some decent change (Cano more so) and I would prefer keep Cano even if it meant spending more money. That's just my preference.

I'm going to say agree to disagree though, because this is going to go back and forth and never end and I think I'll save us both time.

Nice conversation though. Truly. Much better than most I get on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    I understand that, but Cano is a homegrown guy and I can't see us letting him walk, regardless of what he's asking for.
    I can almost guarantee the contract he is looking for and will ultimately get will hurt the Yankees in the long run more than it helps the team. Just look at A-Rod's. Complete disaster.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    C'mon sauron, you are really reaching here with the Cano for Morse trade idea. You cannot honestly think that is a good trade for us.

And lets not get crazy here, Morse is good but he's no stud you are making him out to be. He's 30, been in the big leagues for 3 years now and had a full season one time.

He's a good hitter but lets relax a little here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    dude who are you ? are you YED's brother
    I stole his soul

The two players aren't even in the same strata. Morse's a bona tide talent, some issues such as late start and last years lat injury, but he is far better than Swisher.

If your whole arguement has been predicated upon the belief that Swisher and Morse are equals then I can see why you are so vociferous in defending it but I would calmly and flatly state that you need to rethink that stance.
    Believe me, Morse is the man. I dont think he and Swisher are equals (at least offensively) at all. If he stays healthy, he could rake in this stadium.

vCash
    We are not giving up Cano.

Nats will want Nova and a prospect. We will give that.

With addition of Youk and Morse...killer batting order. Especially when a healthy AROD gets back in July. Yanks can still win this thing in 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I can almost guarantee the contract he is looking for and will ultimately get will hurt the Yankees in the long run more than it helps the team. Just look at A-Rod's. Complete disaster.
    Unfortunately this might be right....BUT if you can get Cano on a 6 year deal you gotta pull the trigger.

No team is going to give him 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    Unfortunately this might be right....BUT if you can get Cano on a 6 year deal you gotta pull the trigger.

No team is going to give him 8 years.
    6 years would be okay I guess. I can see the Dodgers pushing it to 7 or 8 years though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    I don't think they'll make similar amounts. I was saying that they're both going to command some decent change (Cano more so) and I would prefer keep Cano even if it meant spending more money. That's just my preference.

I'm going to say agree to disagree though, because this is going to go back and forth and never end and I think I'll save us both time.

Nice conversation though. Truly. Much better than most I get on here.

All right, fair enough.

So..........I feel compelled to ask.........how did you switch out the 'B' in your name with the newfound 'N.'

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Porka View Post
    We are not giving up Cano.

Nats will want Nova and a prospect. We will give that.

With addition of Youk and Morse...killer batting order. Especially when a healthy AROD gets back in July. Yanks can still win this thing in 2013.
    I glad you're so sure that with fiveor six teams in the mix Ivan Nova will be the deal breaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    A-Rod's deal is probably the worst in baseball and is undoubtedly screwing us. If Cano asks for a 10 year deal I'm sure the Yanks will tell him to take a hike, but a deal around 6 years would not hurt this team. Besides, if Cano walks who the hell is going to be anchoring this offense? 40 year old A-Rod? Letting Cano walk would devastate this team; he's our best all around player by far.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    All right, fair enough.

So..........I feel compelled to ask.........how did you switch out the 'B' in your name with the newfound 'N.'
    PM Sports Illustrator and he should be able to help you out if you want and its a minor change.

vCash
    Morse no likey DH:

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Mike Morse "strongly opposes being a designated hitter."

That could present some complications in the Nationals' trade talks with American League clubs. Morse is almost certain to be dealt at some point before the start of the 2013 regular season because Adam LaRoche is now locked in at first base and the Washington outfield is filled. ESPN's Jim Bowden reported Tuesday that 10-11 clubs have already expressed interest.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    I glad you're so sure that with fiveor six teams in the mix Ivan Nova will be the deal breaker.
    Made me lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    C'mon sauron, you are really reaching here with the Cano for Morse trade idea. You cannot honestly think that is a good trade for us.

And lets not get crazy here, Morse is good but he's no stud you are making him out to be. He's 30, been in the big leagues for 3 years now and had a full season one time.

He's a good hitter but lets relax a little here.
    When Cano walks in 10 months it won't matter how good this idea was.

I'm simply arguing that Cano's value in negotiations does not equal Cano's real world value. I would also submit that if other teams are experiencing the same deficit of offseason talent that we are that this bidding war will go a lot higher than Dellin Betances and Ivan Nova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    A-Rod's deal is probably the worst in baseball and is undoubtedly screwing us. If Cano asks for a 10 year deal I'm sure the Yanks will tell him to take a hike, but a deal around 6 years would not hurt this team. Besides, if Cano walks who the hell is going to be anchoring this offense? 40 year old A-Rod? Letting Cano walk would devastate this team; he's our best all around player by far.
    6 years 150 is delusional. Teixeira at 8 years 180 mil will not get that far underbid. Not in a dogs age.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast