Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE Morse on this team. Especially if you plug him in RF and Arod comes back healthy later in the year....just not at Sauron's price tag.

Ithcy
    Jeter
    Teix
    Cano
    Morse
    Arod
    Youk
    Cervelli
    Gardner

One hell of a lineup.
    Yeah he would round out the lineup pretty damn well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    You don't make the deal unless the extension is in hand. It's called the 72 hour negotiating window. I don't see what you have such a hard time understanding about that.

Cano is all but gone. You can get a bona ride offensive powerhouse (and stop acting like we lost Brooks Robinson in Nick Swishers glove please) or you can risk letting Cashman pick a high school 1574th rounder as compensation.

How you think Cashman could be fired for long term vision and cleaning up the Betances mess is really beyond me.

Do you honestly think Cano's value supersedes Morse's by the amounts you're talking?
    Do YOU honestly believe that most people dont think you're higher than the empire state?

vCash
    You don't make the deal unless the extension is in hand. It's called the 72 hour negotiating window. I don't see what you have such a hard time understanding about that.

Cano is all but gone. You can get a bona ride offensive powerhouse (and stop acting like we lost Brooks Robinson in Nick Swishers glove please) or you can risk letting Cashman pick a high school 1574th rounder as compensation.

How you think Cashman could be fired for long term vision and cleaning up the Betances mess is really beyond me.

Do you honestly think Cano's value supersedes Morse's by the amounts you're talking?
    I'm well aware of that, but there is no guarantee that the extension is going to happen. If not, it makes your trade pointless in the first place. They're both 30 and are going to demand a decent chunk of change at roughly the same time. If both are going to get deals, I'd prefer stick with Cano who's a much better player.

Betances stinks, but he's still young. His value is low. I have zero issue with trading him. Its trading him with Cano and other prospects that I have an issue with, not getting rid of him specifically.

Cano's value is miles beyond Morse's. Miles. He's not only a far better player, but he's far more durable, has been a Yankee, and makes a hell of a lot more money for this team than Morse ever would.

vCash
    An MVP candidate who will be fully enjoying the salary and comforts of Los Angeles next year.
    we get a pick for Cano..............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Yeah he would round out the lineup pretty damn well.
    If a lot of teams jump in on this were going to have to blow the field away.

We can't compete with our farm system in a Bidding war.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    I do want Morse though........because they will need offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    we get a pick for Cano..............
    I know, the next Chase Wright is lurking around the corner waiting to be developed by Cashman.

vCash
    Again, Morse would be amazing if we could acquire him without trading Cano. He does more for this lineup than Swisher did, IMO.

vCash
    I know, the next Chase Wright is lurking around the corner waiting to be developed by Cashman.
    Chase Wright = Championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Because the Yankees are shying away from the mega-type contracts they have handed out in the past, and rightfully so.
    I understand that, but Cano is a homegrown guy and I can't see us letting him walk, regardless of what he's asking for.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Chase Wright = Championship
    Maybe for Boston

vCash
    I'm well aware of that, but there is no guarantee that the extension is going to happen. If not, it makes your trade pointless in the first place. They're both 30 and are going to demand a decent chunk of change at roughly the same time. If both are going to get deals, I'd prefer stick with Cano who's a much better player.

Betances stinks, but he's still young. His value is low. I have zero issue with trading him. Its trading him with Cano and other prospects that I have an issue with, not getting rid of him specifically.

Cano's value is miles beyond Morse's. Miles. He's not only a far better player, but he's far more durable, has been a Yankee, and makes a hell of a lot more money for this team than Morse ever would.
    I think I stated that without the extension there's no deal. Pretty sure I covered that.

Why do you keep arguing like we are in a position to leverage Cano. Hes gone next year, has flatly, let me repeat that, F-L-A-T-L-Y stated that he's testing the market.

Also, now you're arguing that they're going to command similar money so we should just retain what we know though you were previously arguing that Morse is nowhere near the talent that Cano is.

Make no mistake, if you can get an extension agreement out of Morse that is far better than the almost certainty that the Yankees, especially given Hals newfound frugality, are going to enter a bidding war that starts at around seven years, twenty three million annually guaranteed.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 01-08-2013 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    Maybe for Boston
    dude who are you ? are you YED's brother

vCash
    Again, Morse would be amazing if we could acquire him without trading Cano. He does more for this lineup than Swisher did, IMO.
    The two players aren't even in the same strata. Morse's a bona tide talent, some issues such as late start and last years lat injury, but he is far better than Swisher.

If your whole arguement has been predicated upon the belief that Swisher and Morse are equals then I can see why you are so vociferous in defending it but I would calmly and flatly state that you need to rethink that stance.

vCash
    I think I stated that without the extension there's no deal. Pretty sure I covered that.

Why do you keep arguing like we are in a position to leverage Cano. Hes gone next year, has flatly, let me repeat that, F-L-A-T-L-Y stated that he's testing the market.

Also, now you're arguing that they're going to command similar money so we should just retain what we know though you were previously arguing that Morse is nowhere near the talent that Cano is.

Make no mistake, if you can get an extension agreement out of Morse that is far better than the almost certainty that the Yankees, especially given Hals newfound frugality, are going to enter a bidding war that starts at around seven years, twenty three million annually guaranteed.
    Dude they're not trading Cano for Morse, let it go.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast