Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    You don't think Morse is good.

Wow man. I gotta say I'm not impressed.

You'd solve your Cano conundrum and pick up one of the finest bats in the game.
    Well Morse is only under contract this season so it would be no guarantee he would come back either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    You're completely lost on this one, man. I have no issues with trading Cano if it benefits us, but your proposed trade would be terrible and should get Cashman fired on the spot.

Morse is a great offensive talent, but can't field all to well. Ignoring that though, lets get back to the trade.

Losing Cano for nothing would suck, absolutely, but I'd rather unload him for Morse and prospects, not the other way around. You're trading a far better overall player in Cano AND prospects for Morse alone? Terrible. If Morse were younger or was signed for a long period of time it would be somewhat easier to swallow, but he's a FA in 2014. So essentially its Cano, Betances and others for one extra year of Mike Morse? You gotta be kidding me.

Now if it was Morse and some prospects for Cano, then I'd be willing to at least listen.
    Two things. First off this would be contingent upon extending Morse. Secondly, if I we to remove the ptbnl you are still acting like its an imbalance.

Let me reiterate. You cannot trade for Cano's full value. He's a one year rental therefore his trade value is at an all time low. He has stated that he's going to free agency no questions asked so any team that picks him up is getting one year and that's it.

As for Dellin, exactly what benefit does he have right now. Cashmans time frame for him is already a couple,of years late and then, oh yeah, there was that injury shutdown.

If you think youre getting prospects and an all star like Morse for a one year rental who choked harder than Linda Lovelace in the playoffs and a broken prospect then you are absolutely insane.

You would win this arguement if Cano was scheduled to stay longer than a walk year. Unfortunately that is not the case.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Well Morse is only under contract this season so it would be no guarantee he would come back either.
    Contingent upon an extension.

Cano has stated flatly that he's doing free agency.

Completely different animals.

vCash
    Contingent upon an extension.

Cano has stated flatly that he's doing free agency.

Completely different animals.
    Right. I think Morse can be acquired without dealing Cano though.

vCash
    Two things. First off this would be contingent upon extending Morse. Secondly, if I we to remove the ptbnl you are still acting like its an imbalance.

Let me reiterate. You cannot trade for Cano's full value. He's a one year rental therefore his trade value is at an all time low. He has stated that he's going to free agency no questions asked so any team that picks him up is getting one year and that's it.

As for Dellin, exactly what benefit does he have right now. Cashmans time frame for him is already a couple,of years late and then, oh yeah, there was that injury shutdown.

If you think youre getting prospects and an all star like Morse for a one year rental who choked harder than Linda Lovelace in the playoffs and a broken prospect then you are absolutely insane.

You would win this arguement if Cano was scheduled to stay longer than a walk year. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Why are you under the assumption that Cano is all but gone next year??
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    Why are you under the assumption that Cano is all but gone next year??
    Because the Yankees are shying away from the mega-type contracts they have handed out in the past, and rightfully so.

vCash
    Morse is the same HR or nothing guy y'all complain about , no?

I don't get these arguments.

Sure, I'll take him but he's a 30 yr old fielding butcher with ONE full season ever played.

His almighty obp was .321........the same type number that people complain about Itchy.

And he struck out 97 times in 100 games.

Hello?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash

No one said anything about getting Cano's complete value, but again you're proposing trading one of the game's best players and prospects for a player who's never been an All Star and who's had trouble to see the field. On top of that, he can easily test FA.

I know you say it's contingent on him signing an extension, but that is no guarantee either.

Again, if Cashman did this he should be fired on the spot.

vCash
    Right. I think Morse can be acquired without dealing Cano though.
    I have a feeling, and let me reiterate that it's only a subjective opinion before slick jumps on me, that the Yankeesmwill have to blow away Washington to get this done.

Nitpicking over prospect ceilings and salary considerations will leave us in the wind IMO. This will require a serious, hard to refuse offer, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Morse is the same HR or nothing guy y'all complain about , no?

I don't get these arguments.

Sure, I'll take him but he's a 30 yr old fielding butcher with ONE full season ever played.

His almighty obp was .321........the same type number that people complain about Itchy.

And he struck out 97 times in 100 games.

Hello?
    Lets trade an MVP candidate and prospects for him immediately!

vCash
    I have a feeling, and let me reiterate that it's only a subjective opinion before slick jumps on me, that the Yankeesmwill have to blow away Washington to get this done.

Nitpicking over prospect ceilings and salary considerations will leave us in the wind IMO. This will require a serious, hard to refuse offer, IMO.
    They're asking for a LHR and prospects.

vCash
    They're asking for a LHR and prospects.
    That's why I hope they pursue him. Doesn't seem too costly and he is a solid right handed bat.

vCash
    No one said anything about getting Cano's complete value, but again you're proposing trading one of the game's best players and prospects for a player who's never been an All Star and who's had trouble to see the field. On top of that, he can easily test FA.

I know you say it's contingent on him signing an extension, but that is no guarantee either.

Again, if Cashman did this he should be fired on the spot.
    You don't make the deal unless the extension is in hand. It's called the 72 hour negotiating window. I don't see what you have such a hard time understanding about that.

Cano is all but gone. You can get a bona ride offensive powerhouse (and stop acting like we lost Brooks Robinson in Nick Swishers glove please) or you can risk letting Cashman pick a high school 1574th rounder as compensation.

How you think Cashman could be fired for long term vision and cleaning up the Betances mess is really beyond me.

Do you honestly think Cano's value supersedes Morse's by the amounts you're talking?

vCash
    That's why I hope they pursue him. Doesn't seem too costly and he is a solid right handed bat.
    Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE Morse on this team. Especially if you plug him in RF and Arod comes back healthy later in the year....just not at Sauron's price tag.

Ithcy
    Jeter
    Teix
    Cano
    Morse
    Arod
    Youk
    Cervelli
    Gardner

One hell of a lineup.

vCash
    Lets trade an MVP candidate and prospects for him immediately!
    An MVP candidate who will be fully enjoying the salary and comforts of Los Angeles next year.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast