Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM reports that 10-11 teams are in on Michael Morse while the Yankees, Rays and Mariners have been the "most active."

None of the teams mentioned are a big surprise, as they have all been speculated and reported as potential fits. FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier Tuesday that five or six teams were in the mix, but the list is growing by the minute. The Nationals should be able to fill a need or fetch a nice prospect or two.
    Rotoworld

Glad to hear the Yankees are among the teams most involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Rotoworld

Glad to hear the Yankees are among the teams most involved.
    Cashman will never seriously engage. He's too busy protecting the star studded potential career of Joba Chamberlain.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    We'll all salivate in fine Pavlovian fashion over this only to get the inevitable news that Brian was unwilling to pull the trigger on the big move, as always, because the cost in prospects was just too darned high.

Bet on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Cashman will never seriously engage. He's too busy protecting the star studded potential career of Joba Chamberlain.

vCash
    Cano, Dellin and a a prbnl (Washington picks) and we have ourselves a ballgame. Doubt they'll fall for the one year rental named Cano though.

vCash
    Cano, Dellin and a a prbnl (Washington picks) and we have ourselves a ballgame. Doubt they'll fall for the one year rental named Cano though.
    Washington apparently is asking for a left handed reliever and prospects.

vCash
    Cano, Betances, and others for Mike Morse?

And you criticize Cashman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Washington apparently is asking for a left handed reliever and prospects.
    I'd basically open up the personnel files and say "here pick" to get this guy. I'd almost be willing to argue dump Gardener and relocate the outfield to read Granderson, Morse, and Ichiro.

This guy is that talented.

But, again, don't expect Cashman to do anything resembling general managing, he's too stuck on the belief that he knows how to scout and develop a farm system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    Cano, Betances, and others for Mike Morse?

And you criticize Cashman
    You don't think Morse is good.

Wow man. I gotta say I'm not impressed.

You'd solve your Cano conundrum and pick up one of the finest bats in the game.

vCash
    would be good to pick up for the Yankees to get Morse. I would also try to get Flores from them as well in a deal

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Explore trades to unload big contracts ( )
    2. Resign Robertson ( )
    3. Acquire a 2nd or 3rd basemen( )
    4. Explore deals/free agency to get a young SS ( )
    5. Take a page out of the Royals book and make a deep bullpen ( )

vCash
    You don't think Morse is good.

Wow man. I gotta say I'm not impressed.

You'd solve your Cano conundrum and pick up one of the finest bats in the game.
    I never said Morse wasn't good, but to suggest trading someone with more star quality and an overall much better player AND prospects for a 30 year old OF is beyond moronic.

Morse is good, but he's not anywhere near Cano and prospects.

vCash
    This is sarcasm I'm assuming/ hoping.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    I never said Morse wasn't good, but to suggest trading someone with more star quality and an overall much better player AND prospects for a 30 year old OF is beyond moronic.

Morse is good, but he's not anywhere near Cano and prospects.
    You're losing Cano next year. I think that's the part you keep forgetting. You can take a compensatory pick and hope that Cashman finally beats the curve and demonstrates the wherewithal to actually develop tangible major league product and unload an injured Dellin or you can content yourself to debating the merits of Hairston.

Morse is a far better offensive talent then you are evening hinting at.

Remember your statements when Cano signs on with LA next year and we left with nothing.

vCash
    Cano isn't going anywhere and Morse shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as him.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    You're losing Cano next year. I think that's the part you keep forgetting. You can take a compensatory pick and hope that Cashman finally beats the curve and demonstrates the wherewithal to actually develop tangible major league product and unload an injured Dellin or you can content yourself to debating the merits of Hairston.

Morse is a far better offensive talent then you are evening hinting at.

Remember your statements when Cano signs on with LA next year and we left with nothing.
    You're completely lost on this one, man. I have no issues with trading Cano if it benefits us, but your proposed trade would be terrible and should get Cashman fired on the spot.

Morse is a great offensive talent, but can't field all to well. Ignoring that though, lets get back to the trade.

Losing Cano for nothing would suck, absolutely, but I'd rather unload him for Morse and prospects, not the other way around. You're trading a far better overall player in Cano AND prospects for Morse alone? Terrible. If Morse were younger or was signed for a long period of time it would be somewhat easier to swallow, but he's a FA in 2014. So essentially its Cano, Betances and others for one extra year of Mike Morse? You gotta be kidding me.

Now if it was Morse and some prospects for Cano, then I'd be willing to at least listen.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast