Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

War Room-PSD Mock Draft

This is a war room to discuss and figure out who we wanna select for the PSD Mock Draft which is taking place in the NFL Draft Forum.

We Want Winston

vCash
    What do you guys think our strategy in round one should be? Cornerback or take the BPA?

We Want Winston!

vCash
    ^All depends. CB would be ideal, but then again it would have been ideal last year too, and we passed up on it to get a player that most of us were not as high on. Could any of you imagine if we passed up on D. Milliner for K. Vaccaro, or something of that sort?

It's really tough to predict the exact strategy, but I like to look at Dom/Sciano's track record to get an idea. Captains, Big10/12 players, certain positions (usually avoid O-linemen), character, taking shots on injury prone players that slip, those sort of things.

vCash
    I definitely feel like Milliner is a no-brainer if he's available.

I would take Banks over anybody else at 13 as well. If both are gone then there would be a ton of ways we could go DT, CB, OT, DE.

I think Banks will be there

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^ I think Banks will be there as well. In addition to the areas you mentioned, I could see T. Eifert or one of the FS's as well. Also a potential trade down.

vCash
    Thats a solid reach for one of the FS, I personally wouldn''t do it if I was Dom. Eifert is a fairly large reach. His draft stock is similar to Coby Fleener who went in the start of the 2nd round last year.

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^ I agree, but at this time last year, Barron looked like a potential late 1st rd/early 2nd round prospect on most boards as well.

As for Eifert, I am ignoring his stock. I saw him play, and he is a freaking beast!

vCash
    If Honey Badger is available in the 4th, and you all don’t get him for me, hammy will be sadly disappointed….. As for strategy, we need to address the following positions IMHO CB, (Pass Rush DE DT?), Safety, TE, Slot WR, and maybe LB. The only position I am sure about is we need to draft at least 1 CB.

Truth be told a lot of our holes will be filled in FA giving our real team a better sense of focus prior to the draft but since were shooting blind I suggest a CB or BAP (Best Available Player) for DEF for round 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    If Honey Badger is available in the 4th, and you all don’t get him for me, hammy will be sadly disappointed….. As for strategy, we need to address the following positions IMHO CB, (Pass Rush DE DT?), Safety, TE, Slot WR, and maybe LB. The only position I am sure about is we need to draft at least 1 CB.

Truth be told a lot of our holes will be filled in FA giving our real team a better sense of focus prior to the draft but since were shooting blind I suggest a CB or BAP (Best Available Player) for DEF for round 1.
    I agree w/ all of this except the pass rushing DT. Mccoy is our pass rushing DT. We need more of big NT type who is able to clock the middle and take double teams. This will open up things for Mccoy and our pass rushers. Miller does a great job against the run, but does not command double teams as much as some of the more elite players at that position do. They are saying that there are a few DT's w/ first round grades that are those NT type, but still have penatration ability. if that is truly the case, and one of those players are the BPA, then i could see us pulling the trigger, but I really don't think we can do better in FA or in the later rounds of the draft then Miller (unless we get lucky).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I agree w/ all of this except the pass rushing DT. Mccoy is our pass rushing DT. We need more of big NT type who is able to clock the middle and take double teams. This will open up things for Mccoy and our pass rushers. Miller does a great job against the run, but does not command double teams as much as some of the more elite players at that position do. They are saying that there are a few DT's w/ first round grades that are those NT type, but still have penatration ability. if that is truly the case, and one of those players are the BPA, then i could see us pulling the trigger, but I really don't think we can do better in FA or in the later rounds of the draft then Miller (unless we get lucky).
    Actually I agree with you completely. When I said Pass Rush I meant we need to enhance it. If we get McCoy help inside eating up runs perhaps someone who can push more, it will free him to maraud even more.

vCash
    Trade down for Xavier Rhodes if millner is gone
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    ^ Not a bad idea. Do you like X. Rhodes better then J. Banks? If so, why?

vCash
    If there's any way we can come away with 2/5 of Banks, Amerson, Rhodes, Reid, or Elam this draft was a success

vCash
    i think we will try unless ome crazy BPA drops to us

We Want Winston

vCash
    Milliner, if not available, Banks. UNLESS, Star Lateui (sp?) is there.

I AM the Old School

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast