Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kubernetes View Post
    If Rodgers can keep up his level of play for the long term, then yeah, he would probably move ahead of Peyton in my book.

The only knock of Rodgers at this point is the relatively short time that he's been considered "elite." Keep it up for 10 years and everyone will talk about him in the same breath as Brady and Manning.
    Hey, I'm not saying he is.

But I know this over-reactionary culture and the second he won another SB, especially this year, they'll talk about it.

Longevity is definitely important, don't get me wrong, but he's been playing at a very high level now for quite a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I care how well a quarterback delivers the football.
    Even if it is to the other team?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Even if it is to the other team?
    Tracy Porter concurs.
    That was a very catch-able ball.

vCash
    I never said Rodgers had a better career than Manning. He hasn't had longevity. What I'm saying is that prime Rodgers is just simply a more dominant player. And when you watch the tape it shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Tracy Porter concurs.
    That was a very catch-able ball.
    As well as the 267 others who caught Testaverde's.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    And the primary reason Brett Favre will never be part of a conversation like this.
    Look, Brady, Peyton and Rodgers are all great, in large part because they take care of the football. It's like Bird, Magic and Jordan in the mid-80's; whoever you take, I'll be perfectly content with taking either of the remaining guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    And the primary reason Brett Favre will never be part of a conversation like this.
    Look, Brady, Peyton and Rodgers are all great, in large part because they take care of the football. It's like Bird, Magic and Jordan in the mid-80's; whoever you take, I'll be perfectly content with taking either of the remaining guys.
    If there were 2 QB's left in the draft pool and one GM took Brady and I got Peyton I wouldn't be content.

vCash

What this playoff run means to Manning's legacy?

Nothing. One and done, he'll still be talked as one of the best to play the game.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    If there were 2 QB's left in the draft pool and one GM took Brady and I got Peyton I wouldn't be content.
    You wouldn't be content with Peyton Manning??? Even if you think Brady is better (I do not) how could you not be content.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    You wouldn't be content with Peyton Manning??? Even if you think Brady is better (I do not) how could you not be content.
    Give me any one of the three and I'd believe my team could win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    Because I'd meet Brady in the playoffs almost every year and lose.

vCash
    We all know the story of Peyton Manning's postseason endeavors. There are basically 3 ways to go about it. You can blame the team and say Manning has been victimized. You can say that Manning has let the team down. Or you could say it's a combo of the 2.

I fall under the combo part, but I lean strongly towards Manning has choked camp. Let's not forget this man had maybe the all time worst super bowl run win 2006. It's not as if he got over the hump to finally win the big one. He was basically pushed over the top by his defense/team.

I'm not gonna say that Eli is better than Peyton, but his run in the playoffs have been better. Right now Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Peyton ever was. And that's almost entirely founded upon getting it done in the playoffs.

Despite the fact that he is about to win his 5th MVP when he was yet again outplayed by another QB it's the playoffs where legacy is solidified.

It was a great story for Manning to come back and play dominantly. He just MUST beat the Ravens. He can't go 1 and done. And then once/if he gets past them Brady will be waiting for him in the AFC Championship.

If Manning were to win a 2nd ring and finally win one through an actual dominant postseason run I'd consider putting him in the Brady, Montana, Unitas tier. That's a tall order to ask, but he's dug himself in that hole with basically going 14 years without a dominant postseason run.

So what do you think? How critical is this run for Manning?
    what do I think? I think guys like you ruin this site with your made up crap . Please go away. Thank you.,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    What about the fact that Rodgets got completely bailed out against the Bears? Or is 56.7% 0TD 2INT 244 yards and a 55QB Rating now considered dominant? Yeah, he was great the other games, but he didnt dominate the whole postseason that year. He was COMPLETELY bailed out by the rest of his team that game.
    Well he ran for a Touchdown and didn't need to turn it on. Cutler went out with injury. You play to win and when Cutler basically forfeits the game it's not necessary to light it up.
    Cutler wasn't allowed to come in. He stayed in by choice then the cos he's made him come out.

Why are people sports fans when they don't pay attention to what happens on a national level?

vCash
    We all know the story of Peyton Manning's postseason endeavors. There are basically 3 ways to go about it. You can blame the team and say Manning has been victimized. You can say that Manning has let the team down. Or you could say it's a combo of the 2.

I fall under the combo part, but I lean strongly towards Manning has choked camp. Let's not forget this man had maybe the all time worst super bowl run win 2006. It's not as if he got over the hump to finally win the big one. He was basically pushed over the top by his defense/team.

I'm not gonna say that Eli is better than Peyton, but his run in the playoffs have been better. Right now Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Peyton ever was. And that's almost entirely founded upon getting it done in the playoffs.

Despite the fact that he is about to win his 5th MVP when he was yet again outplayed by another QB it's the playoffs where legacy is solidified.

It was a great story for Manning to come back and play dominantly. He just MUST beat the Ravens. He can't go 1 and done. And then once/if he gets past them Brady will be waiting for him in the AFC Championship.

If Manning were to win a 2nd ring and finally win one through an actual dominant postseason run I'd consider putting him in the Brady, Montana, Unitas tier. That's a tall order to ask, but he's dug himself in that hole with basically going 14 years without a dominant postseason run.

So what do you think? How critical is this run for Manning?
    Most have Manning ranked at about 15-20ish range. He will never catch Brady. As for the top tier I have only Montana 4-0 in the SB 11 tds and 0 ints. Next I have Rodger Staubach and Brady. Its all my opinion but I just dont see how you can take perfect in the SB and say very very good in the SB is equal.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Rodgers is goat
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast