Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

What this playoff run means to Manning's legacy?

We all know the story of Peyton Manning's postseason endeavors. There are basically 3 ways to go about it. You can blame the team and say Manning has been victimized. You can say that Manning has let the team down. Or you could say it's a combo of the 2.

I fall under the combo part, but I lean strongly towards Manning has choked camp. Let's not forget this man had maybe the all time worst super bowl run win 2006. It's not as if he got over the hump to finally win the big one. He was basically pushed over the top by his defense/team.

I'm not gonna say that Eli is better than Peyton, but his run in the playoffs have been better. Right now Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Peyton ever was. And that's almost entirely founded upon getting it done in the playoffs.

Despite the fact that he is about to win his 5th MVP when he was yet again outplayed by another QB it's the playoffs where legacy is solidified.

It was a great story for Manning to come back and play dominantly. He just MUST beat the Ravens. He can't go 1 and done. And then once/if he gets past them Brady will be waiting for him in the AFC Championship.

If Manning were to win a 2nd ring and finally win one through an actual dominant postseason run I'd consider putting him in the Brady, Montana, Unitas tier. That's a tall order to ask, but he's dug himself in that hole with basically going 14 years without a dominant postseason run.

So what do you think? How critical is this run for Manning?

vCash
    Critical..
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    it's always both. you win as a team and lose as a team
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    it's always both. you win as a team and lose as a team
    Yeah, but lets be real if you have 5 MVP's and then you have yet to assemble a single dominant run in the playoffs in 14 years. That's a problem.

vCash
    As far as im concerned his legacy was already maxed out. This was a good team with Tim Teebow at QB so barring any questions about his health this shouldnt have surprised anyone too much

vCash
    Not this crap again...

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Not this crap again...
    I made valid points. I didn't just pull it out of my butt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Yeah, but lets be real if you have 5 MVP's and then you have yet to assemble a single dominant run in the playoffs in 14 years. That's a problem.
    2003? 918 Yards, 9TD 4INT, 106.4 QB Rating

2009? 956 yards, 6TD 2INT, 99.0 QB Rating

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I made valid points. I didn't just pull it out of my butt.
    No, the fact that you put so much emphasis on the Postseason and ignore the regular season. Once again, Regular season numbers with some Postseason sprinkled in > magnifying Postseason numbers + ignoring regular season.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    It means everything. Peyton Manning can go down as the greatest regular season QB ever. Oooooorrrrrrr he can actually step up in the postseason and win another superbowl. You can only blame the Colts organization (the OL/WR/RB) so many times.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Also, you name Unitas as part of the "top tier", but he has won the same amount of Super Bowl's as Peyton and didn't have a dominating Postseason run, but Peyton isn't considered "top tier" and had two better Postseason runs. How do you separate them?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    2003? 918 Yards, 9TD 4INT, 106.4 QB Rating

2009? 956 yards, 6TD 2INT, 99.0 QB Rating
    2003 doesn't cut it. 4 INT's in 3 games is too much. And Yeah 2009 was decent, but he lost the super bowl. Dominant super bowl run is 2010 Aaron Rodgers. Put up the stats and win the trophy.

vCash
    gee someone sounds bitter...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    This is probably going to have no bearing on Manning's legacy whatsoever, but it'll give some ammo to the Brady vs Manning argument I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    This is probably going to have no bearing on Manning's legacy whatsoever, but it'll give some ammo to the Brady vs Manning argument I guess.
    Not even if he goes 1 and done yet again and has us saying, "really manning, again".

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast