Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm excited...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjtyree View Post
    decent? I am pretty sure every foul Sacre had was an and 1 ha ha but yeah for a rookie he has potential and I look forward to how he develops as a gardener or shoe salesman.
    Fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Actually, I really thought the team played with more energy on both ends against Houston then we have seen in awhile. Also, watching Sacre run the pick and roll much better then Dwight is kind of sad.

Unfortunately, Houston is extremely difficult to guard and the not having a rim protector did hurt. I think everyone wants to see Howard and Gasol out there and playing well but their energy and focus is questionable.
    You gave up 125 points! Yes, that offense is on a roll...but you're a bottom of the pack team defensively and a top of the pack team offensively...why are people panicking about the offense?

Sacre ran the pick and roll better than Dwight? Not sure I saw that...at all.

My only point is: all you hear people worrying about is how things are going offensively...but that's not the issue. Not at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Farmar
    Turiaf
    Odom
    Ariza

i wish we never let those guys go
    True that was our best bench in the last 5 years easily
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    We will get a chance to see players play who normally would get little to no minutes. Last night I thought Sacre played pretty well. He missed some gimmie shots, But he defended the middle pretty well and rebounded. I'm pretty sure he exceeded expectations, We will see how he plays against Mr. Duncan tonight. If he has another quality start it should make the front office think about using one of the bigs to bring in some talent. I thought Earl Clark also showed some flashes, He hustled and gave some o.k. minutes.

I feel for Antawn Jamison because i'm sure this is not what he expected when he came to L.A., The best thing we could do for him is include him in a trade or buy him out and release him. I know he is a better player than he has shown and I also believe he still has a little sumthin' in the tank. I just don't think it can be shown in this system.

vCash
    When do you guys get steve blake back?

vCash
    Stupid stupid stupid. Then they trade him, he gets healthy and he dominates like we all have seen him do. Then your bit***** about him being traded and how stupid it was. Trading dwight is the stupidest thing we can do please stop with these trade dwight ideas they are just idiotic.

vCash
    Maybe the win agaisnt spurs?
    Last edited by Hellcrooner; 01-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    still Excited OP?

Following your logic i should be excited with Pau playing center the next few games?

Know waht┐ IM not, he is at 50% health so his image is going to get even more damaged and we are not gonna win a ****ing game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    still Excited OP?

Following your logic i should be excited with Pau playing center the next few games?

Know waht┐ IM not, he is at 50% health so his image is going to get even more damaged and we are not gonna win a ****ing game.
    You are slowly but surely losing your mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    You gave up 125 points! Yes, that offense is on a roll...but you're a bottom of the pack team defensively and a top of the pack team offensively...why are people panicking about the offense?

Sacre ran the pick and roll better than Dwight? Not sure I saw that...at all.

My only point is: all you hear people worrying about is how things are going offensively...but that's not the issue. Not at all.
    Gee, thanks for your contribution on this Laker forum. No Laker poster has commented on the terrible defense.

I'm analyzing details. I'll leave the rest for the lesser mortals my friend.

In regards to your post, yes Sacre went hard to the rim and is setting much better picks then Dwight has been. He just is not very skilled around the hoop or the athlete Dwight is.

The defense was not good or great...but the energy is something Laker fans can look at. There were turnovers created, focus, etc. I'm looking for signs that things "may" change. Not playing "who can state the obvious" over and over.
    Last edited by Pluvious; 01-10-2013 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    team Offense with pau On : 111,1 per 100
    Team offense with No Pau: 111

He does nothing in particular in that end for the team.

Team Defense with pau On: 105,6
    Team Defense withouth Pau: 109,5

Oh, go figure, he HAS an impact on the team defense.

more stats.

Pau at PF

Offensive = 101,1
    Defensive = 98,5

Pau at C
    Offensive= 120,6
    Defensive= 105, 2

so playing pf +3 palying center + 15

howard at center:

Offensive = 100.3
    Defensive = 99.2

+0,9

Dwight Howard Btw.

Offense WITH howard: 109,7
    Withouth Howard: 114, 9

Defense with Howard: 107,4
    Defenfense without howard: 107,2

Curious uh? Howard does NOT impact our defense and makes our Offense worse.

Seems to me people is barking at the WROng tree.

vCash

Still excited?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    team Offense with pau On : 111,1 per 100
    Team offense with No Pau: 111

He does nothing in particular in that end for the team.

Team Defense with pau On: 105,6
    Team Defense withouth Pau: 109,5

Oh, go figure, he HAS an impact on the team defense.

more stats.

Pau at PF

Offensive = 101,1
    Defensive = 98,5

Pau at C
    Offensive= 120,6
    Defensive= 105, 2

so playing pf +3 palying center + 15

howard at center:

Offensive = 100.3
    Defensive = 99.2

+0,9

Dwight Howard Btw.

Offense WITH howard: 109,7
    Withouth Howard: 114, 9

Defense with Howard: 107,4
    Defenfense without howard: 107,2

Curious uh? Howard does NOT impact our defense and makes our Offense worse.

Seems to me people is barking at the WROng tree.
    Interesting.

Stats can be deceptive sometimes I guess. I don't see how the Lakers, over the span of an 82 game season, could produce equally on defense without Howard on the court as compared to with him on it. It's gotta be fluky. I know he hasn't been his normal self, but they need him defensively. Even if he's turning the ball over a ton on offense, even if the offense stagnates when you force it to him (something I probably said a billion times when he was in Orlando) and so on. The offense is still gonna be good enough to win. Defense is what will determine whether this team can make a run to the playoffs or not...and he's still the best bet defensively to get that done.

vCash
    Interesting.

Stats can be deceptive sometimes I guess. I don't see how the Lakers, over the span of an 82 game season, could produce equally on defense without Howard on the court as compared to with him on it. It's gotta be fluky. I know he hasn't been his normal self, but they need him defensively. Even if he's turning the ball over a ton on offense, even if the offense stagnates when you force it to him (something I probably said a billion times when he was in Orlando) and so on. The offense is still gonna be good enough to win. Defense is what will determine whether this team can make a run to the playoffs or not...and he's still the best bet defensively to get that done.
    The biggest problem with stats about the Lakers' defense this year is that the Lakers haven't been playing defense. Yes, there's a number you can look up, but it's a number devoid of heart, effort and focus. And given how many different line-ups we've had to put on the floor because of injuries, I'm not sure that even the numbers we have are useful in any real way.

I'll be interested to see what the Lakers defensive numbers are like over the next month, if we keep up the way we played last night.

vCash
    Interesting.

Thats without jordan hill too though
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast