Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm excited...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    Yes, or trade both.

Brook Lopez has been performing really well this season and the Nets are probably the only team Dwight would for sure resign with. He's been doing a lot better on the boards and playing much improved defense. I don't even know if the Nets would consider Dwight for him anymore.

If we do get Brook, I don't see us keeping Pau either. Pau needs to play C in this offense.
    Would you guys trade pau and dwight for Lopez,Humphries and Gerald wallace...Maybe we trade Pau to a third team and Nets get dwight and lets say Derrick williams etc ,maybe takes a 4th team.Trade Jamison,wallace would fit our system better than metta starting .

Nash/ridnour
    Bryant/meeks
    Wallace/metta
    Humphries/Hill
    Lopez/Sacre
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    +/- is one of the worst indicators of a players efficiency/inefficiency. Dwight is one of the few players on this team that plays D. And he leads our team in fg%. Our team D sucks because basically Dwight and Metta are the only starting players that take pride in their D. Off the bench it's J-Hill.
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

vCash
    Your major problem is defense, not offense. As much as he hasn't gelled offensively, him being out isn't gonna help defensively...in fact it's gonna hurt (even if he's not his normal defensive self). It's not a good thing he's out. It's nothing worth being excited for.

EDIT: I see some of you are finally picking this up.
    Last edited by ManRam; 01-09-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: .
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Your major problem is defense, not offense. As much as he hasn't gelled offensively, him being out isn't gonna help defensively...in fact it's gonna hurt (even if he's not his normal defensive self). It's not a good thing he's out. It's nothing worth being excited for.

EDIT: I see some of you are finally picking this up.
    Actually, I really thought the team played with more energy on both ends against Houston then we have seen in awhile. Also, watching Sacre run the pick and roll much better then Dwight is kind of sad.

Unfortunately, Houston is extremely difficult to guard and the not having a rim protector did hurt. I think everyone wants to see Howard and Gasol out there and playing well but their energy and focus is questionable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Actually, I really thought the team played with more energy on both ends against Houston then we have seen in awhile. Also, watching Sacre run the pick and roll much better then Dwight is kind of sad.

Unfortunately, Houston is extremely difficult to guard and the not having a rim protector did hurt. I think everyone wants to see Howard and Gasol out there and playing well but their energy and focus is questionable.
    Sacre with 4 blocks was decent.

We did look like we had a lot more energy, just not enough size or talent. Houston's players looked huge compared to ours last night. Usually, it's the other way around.

vCash
    decent? I am pretty sure every foul Sacre had was an and 1 ha ha but yeah for a rookie he has potential and I look forward to how he develops.

vCash
    Sacre with 4 blocks was decent.

We did look like we had a lot more energy, just not enough size or talent. Houston's players looked huge compared to ours last night. Usually, it's the other way around.
    Maye that is why the 1st half seemed ok. I thought in the second half guys looked tired. Also Jamison was the one guy out there who played with no energy and really hurt the team on defense. Other guys started getting tired or made some stupid mistakes but were at least trying for the most part.

Anyway, this team needs an identity. If they want a bit slower pace then they need to run the offense more through the bigs and use up more shot clock. This will mean less possesions and less getting tired. More setting up of D.

If they want more pace (more quick shots as they come) then Gasol should be traded for more wing talent and defense. Howard still works in this system but 2 slow bigs does not.

Make up your mind and do it one way or another.

vCash
    Maye that is why the 1st half seemed ok. I thought in the second half guys looked tired. Also Jamison was the one guy out there who played with no energy and really hurt the team on defense. Other guys started getting tired or made some stupid mistakes but were at least trying for the most part.

Anyway, this team needs an identity. If they want a bit slower pace then they need to run the offense more through the bigs and use up more shot clock. This will mean less possesions and less getting tired. More setting up of D.

If they want more pace (more quick shots as they come) then Gasol should be traded for more wing talent and defense. Howard still works in this system but 2 slow bigs does not.

Make up your mind and do it one way or another.
    I agree. Jamison looked especially sluggish out there. We need to get younger and more athletic, and Gasol looks like our only piece worth anything right now.

vCash
    I agree. Jamison looked especially sluggish out there. We need to get younger and more athletic, and Gasol looks like our only piece worth anything right now.
    We have Jordan Hill as well.

I also read that Chris Duhon's contract can be bought out after this year. So that's good news.

vCash
    who would've ever thought we'd miss farmar, vujacic, and mbenga so much
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash

We gave up 125 points and your saying we played with energy on the defensive end? what game were you watching?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citanoxeno View Post
    We gave up 125 points and your saying we played with energy on the defensive end? what game were you watching?
    In the last 3 weeks Houston has scored this amount against other teams:

Philly: 125
    Memphis: 121
    Chicago: 120
    Spurs: 116
    Atlanta: 123
    Bucks: 115
    Cleveland: 112

And several of these teams are known for defense and some even play at a slow pace...like Chicago and Memphis.

I watched the game. The game was played at a very quick pace. The defense was good in the 1st half. The second 1/2 the Lakers started to make mistakes and give up easy looks. And Jamison got too many minutes.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    who would've ever thought we'd miss farmar, vujacic, and mbenga so much
    Farmar
    Turiaf
    Odom
    Ariza

i wish we never let those guys go

vCash
    It will be interesting if we actually play well without our bigs.. Most teams playing small ball now so if we start playing better then maybe we will move into that system?

If we do decide to go smaller then the only place I can see us trading Dwight would be to Brooklyn or Dallas or Atlanta since those are the only places he would probably stay.. and those teams minus Dallas have some things they could offer us..

As for Pau.. seems like the TWolves or Raptors.. Kyle Lowry would be nice though

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast