Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm excited...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    Yes, or trade both.

Brook Lopez has been performing really well this season and the Nets are probably the only team Dwight would for sure resign with. He's been doing a lot better on the boards and playing much improved defense. I don't even know if the Nets would consider Dwight for him anymore.

If we do get Brook, I don't see us keeping Pau either. Pau needs to play C in this offense.
    So Lopez for Dwight? Please stop posting now, thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    So Lopez for Dwight? Please stop posting now, thanks.
    The problem with Laker fans is that they love big name players.

Lopez might not be a big name player, but he's been performing exceptionally well this season.

19/7 with 2.3 bpg in just 29mpg.

He's also only 24.

If all signs point to Dwight being the problem, I see no reason to not trade for Brook Lopez. Stats point to Dwight being the culprit. His attitude during games point to him being the culprit. His interviews and calling out his teammates point to him being the culprit.

Look at what he did to Orlando. SVG was one of the best coaches in the NBA and he got him fired. Then, he left Orlando after all of the drama he caused.

In short, **** Dwight.

vCash
    Yea, I realize that. I'm just excited to see how the team runs without him on the court. Our upcoming schedule is amongst the hardest we've faced this season and if we fare well without him, it would back up the stats. It would also be interesting to see what the front office does if this is the case.

It's mostly exciting because I'm sick of watching us lose and Howard's bad attitude/mindset on the court.

This at least allows us some insight. We get to watch games without Dwight and Gasol. Then with Gasol and without Dwight.

Better than just being frustrated with the team right?
    I agree. That was my first reaction after the initial shock of all the injuries. This should be interesting seeing Nash/Kobe without bigs and then Gasol when he comes back with Dwight. I'm actually excited to see what happens.

vCash
    The problem with Laker fans is that they love big name players.

Lopez might not be a big name player, but he's been performing exceptionally well this season.

19/7 with 2.3 bpg in just 29mpg.

He's also only 24.

If all signs point to Dwight being the problem, I see no reason to not trade for Brook Lopez. Stats point to Dwight being the culprit. His attitude during games point to him being the culprit. His interviews and calling out his teammates point to him being the culprit.

Look at what he did to Orlando. SVG was one of the best coaches in the NBA and he got him fired. Then, he left Orlando after all of the drama he caused.

In short, **** Dwight
    Truer words have never been spoken!! Well said

Everybody wanted this 6'11 version of Ben Wallace with issues.... Always be careful what you wish for...
    Last edited by mekedubs; 01-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    http://www.82games.com/1112/11MIN12.HTM

If you check Love's per 48 minutes on/off statistics from 2012, it pretty much backs up their record.

With Love on the court, they barely beat opponents.

Love offensive production on: 108.2
    Love defensive production on: 107.4

With Love off:

Love offensive production off: 99.8
    Love defensive production off: 107.0

Basically, defensively, Love makes little difference to the Wolves defense. He does provide a big boost offensively though, yet it's not enough to cover how bad they are without him on the floor.

Also, as I've mentioned earlier. I realized basketball goes beyond statistics. All stats point to Dwight being the problem though, and I would love validation on that outside of statistics.

Basically, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE for us to start winning without him on the court. As a Laker fan, so should you. It would be a quick fix and provide a ton of insight on our problems. Not to mention, if the front office realizes it and trades him for someone that would make us better.
    Actually, not all signs point to Dwight at all. During some of the recent 4th quarter comebacks Dwight is on the court and the defense plays at a higher level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Actually, not all signs point to Dwight at all. During some of the recent 4th quarter comebacks Dwight is on the court and the defense plays at a higher level.
    No, it backs up that he's part of the problem. If he's capable of anchoring the defense like that, why doensn't he do it for more than just the 4th? His attitude on the court is horrible.

I'm not even saying that it's definite he's the problem. I'm just interested in seeing how we do during the games so we get more insight on what our problem exactly is.

vCash
    No, it backs up that he's part of the problem. If he's capable of anchoring the defense like that, why doensn't he do it for more than just the 4th? His attitude on the court is horrible.

I'm not even saying that it's definite he's the problem. I'm just interested in seeing how we do during the games so we get more insight on what our problem exactly is.
    As far as attitude I agree. Its also why I agreed with you in the post above that I want to see the group play without Dwight and Gasol. Because to me those two guys have had the worst attitude and fit in the worst. They bring a lot talent/skill wise but may be the biggest problem in terms of effort and attitude. I know both Nash and Kobe bring it every night and have a winning attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    As far as attitude I agree. Its also why I agreed with you in the post above that I want to see the group play without Dwight and Gasol. Because to me those two guys have had the worst attitude and fit in the worst. They bring a lot talent/skill wise but may be the biggest problem in terms of effort and attitude. I know both Nash and Kobe bring it every night and have a winning attitude.
    Yup!

vCash
    Trade Dwight for pierce and rondo
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    obviuslu kobe fans have to be trhilled.

he can

either

a) shoot like crazy and make some 50 point games

b) show how "unselfish" he is and play team ball for a change to spit on the critics.

and if the team wins some game/s regardless the option they get to brag about it and rip yet more on the bigs.

Lakers fans tough, are CONCERNED because if the logical thing happens 1-5 record on the period we are OUT of the playoffs.

so, he chose option B on this first game?

How did you like Superjamison?

Still excited?

vCash
    ^ Respondio a si mismo?

I just hate how obvious it is that Dantoni small ball is so wrong for this team. Bickerstaff with Kobe and Nash figuring out any final or special plays would have been much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    so, he chose option B on this first game?

How did you like Superjamison?

Still excited?
    This should just go to show, Kobe's defense is his problem, not his shooting.

The guy averages 5 assists a game.

Duhon, Morris, Sacre, Clark, Ebanks are all D-League players.

They should not be on our roster. That's FIVE productive roster spots we are wasting.

Thankfully, Duhon has a buyout clause for next year and the other 4 come off contract.

We can still turn things around for next year. I say we trade Pau for defensive role players and start getting our chemistry together for next year.

vCash
    I am dumbfounded.

We are a terrible team.

vCash
    Yea, I realize that. I'm just excited to see how the team runs without him on the court. Our upcoming schedule is amongst the hardest we've faced this season and if we fare well without him, it would back up the stats. It would also be interesting to see what the front office does if this is the case.
    They'll still ride with the star, regardless of who might be able to help them win going forward. I think that's their mindset these days. "Dwight Howard" is a name you can put on the marquee, never mind whether or not he helps you win games.

This at least allows us some insight. We get to watch games without Dwight and Gasol. Then with Gasol and without Dwight.
    If Gasol can come back right away - soon enough to have some games w/out Dwight - and the game results bear out what appears in the numbers (that the Lakers w/ Gasol & w/out Howard are better than the Lakers w/ Howard & w/out Gasol) maybe it gives the front office some leverage to rationalize keeping Gasol and (*gasp*) contemplating a Howard sign 'n' trade. I think, as much as anything, trading Howard is just too ballsy a move for them to even consider right now. An epic failure of a season, with a stretch of good games from a Howard-less team, could possibly change that.

But highly unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraaft View Post
    Trade Howard? Been saying that for a month, I would offer him a contract and if he signs great, then I would trade Pau, if not I would trade Howard while I can still get something and keep Pau....
    This is the thing most people aren't considering about trading Gasol midseason. With Howard holding the season hostage, Gasol is the fallback if Howard leaves.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast