Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm excited...

vCash

I'm excited...

With Dwight out, we will have a chance to see what our problem as a team comes from.

Looking at statistics, Dwight looks very bad.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12LAL15.HTM

Looking at his per 48 minutes statistics based on him being on/off the court:

Dwight makes us a worse offensive team. We score 109.7 points per 48 with him on the court. 114.9 with him off.

Defensively, he makes almost no difference. We allow 107.4 with him on the court and 107.2 with him off.

Net, we get -5.5 points per 48 minutes with him on the court.

Looking at other Laker starters, including Gasol, Dwight is the only one with such horrible stats. Every other Laker starter produces a positive effect while on the floor.

Even Gasol is better than him. Gasol nets +4.0 overall. We're about the same offensively with Gasol on the floor, but we allow less points when he's on.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12LAL12.HTM

We have been terrible lately, and at least this week or so without Dwight will give us some insight on how accurate these stats are. I wonder, if we got on a tear without Dwight, if the front office would be open to trading him.

vCash
    Well its been no surprise that both Gasol and and Dwight have been a major disappointment this season. Its also no surprise that without those two players, the Lakers probably have the worst team in the league if you take Kobe out of the equation.

vCash
    Don't see how they could trade Dwight since he might fly the coop wherever he lands. Maybe in a sign and trade...

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    +/- is not indicative of how valuable a player is on offense or defense.

Dwight starts every 2nd and 4th quarter with the reserves. That probably has something to do it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Don't see how they could trade Dwight since he might fly the coop wherever he lands. Maybe in a sign and trade...
    Well, he's open to staying on the Nets I'm sure. We could probably demand at least Lopez, which might not be a bad move for us considering he's younger than Dwight and seems to be much improved defensively and offensively.

Mostly, I just really don't like Dwight and I think we should get value out of him while we can. I don't want to rely purely on stats to pass judgment on him, and I'm pretty excited about the prospect of seeing our team perform without Dwight.

vCash
    obviuslu kobe fans have to be trhilled.

he can

either

a) shoot like crazy and make some 50 point games

b) show how "unselfish" he is and play team ball for a change to spit on the critics.

and if the team wins some game/s regardless the option they get to brag about it and rip yet more on the bigs.

Lakers fans tough, are CONCERNED because if the logical thing happens 1-5 record on the period we are OUT of the playoffs.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    +/- is not indicative of how valuable a player is on offense or defense.

Dwight starts every 2nd and 4th quarter with the reserves. That probably has something to do it....
    Yea, I realize that. I'm just excited to see how the team runs without him on the court. Our upcoming schedule is amongst the hardest we've faced this season and if we fare well without him, it would back up the stats. It would also be interesting to see what the front office does if this is the case.

It's mostly exciting because I'm sick of watching us lose and Howard's bad attitude/mindset on the court.

This at least allows us some insight. We get to watch games without Dwight and Gasol. Then with Gasol and without Dwight.

Better than just being frustrated with the team right?

vCash
    Not sure how anybody can get excited over this but to each his own.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    obviuslu kobe fans have to be trhilled.

he can

either

a) shoot like crazy and make some 50 point games

b) show how "unselfish" he is and play team ball for a change to spit on the critics.

and if the team wins some game/s regardless the option they get to brag about it and rip yet more on the bigs.

Lakers fans tough, are CONCERNED because if the logical thing happens 1-5 record on the period we are OUT of the playoffs.
    No, if Kobe were a cancer to our team I would be pissed.

This season, he's been playing really well and very efficiently. He plays a ton of minutes, 39.0 mpg and surprisingly, has very favorable +/i stats despite running with a bunch of bench players for a lot of the time.

There is simply no statistical evidence that Kobe is our problem. We won with him last season, despite him playing much much worse, possibly the worst season he's had since his 3rd year in the league.

The minute Dwight comes to our team, we start having major problems as a team.

The facts/stats so far, point to Dwight being the problem. I just want validation in the next few games without him.

If I am validated, it means the Lakers are better off without him. We win during this streak without him. And then, we might deal him which would not only be better for our team's playoff chances and future, but the City of LA wouldn't have to deal with the diva ever again.

I hope I am validated, and as a Laker fan, so should you.

vCash
    Excuses are fun

vCash
    Trade Howard? Been saying that for a month, I would offer him a contract and if he signs great, then I would trade Pau, if not I would trade Howard while I can still get something and keep Pau....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Not sure how anybody can get excited over this but to each his own.
    I have watched every game this season. I am beyond frustrated. I'm sick of us losing, and all signs point to Dwight.

He has been the most outspoken member of the Lakers in terms of team chemistry. Not in a good way, he's calling his team out. Yet, it seems like the team performs better with him off than him on the court.

His attitude on the court is terrible. He's smiling when he shouldn't be and he has no sense of urgency. He doesn't look like a competitor at all out there. He calls his teammates out for not helping him on defensive rotations while he goes for blocks, yet refuses to stick on his man and trust his teammates in getting a stop without him going for the block.

Bottom line, he criticizes his teammates and refuses to be criticized. He sees no problem with his FT's, yet it's a huge boon to us winning. Case in point, against the Nuggets, they played hack-a-Dwight and Dwight missed two FT's in a row. Meanwhile, George Karl took McGee out, just like del Negro takes DJ out late in games to prevent similar situations with Dwight.

Dwight would throw a fit if D'antoni made the decision to take Dwight out until the 2 minute mark late in games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    No, if Kobe were a cancer to our team I would be pissed.

This season, he's been playing really well and very efficiently. He plays a ton of minutes, 39.0 mpg and surprisingly, has very favorable +/i stats despite running with a bunch of bench players for a lot of the time.

There is simply no statistical evidence that Kobe is our problem. We won with him last season, despite him playing much much worse, possibly the worst season he's had since his 3rd year in the league.

The minute Dwight comes to our team, we start having major problems as a team.

The facts/stats so far, point to Dwight being the problem. I just want validation in the next few games without him.

If I am validated, it means the Lakers are better off without him. We win during this streak without him. And then, we might deal him which would not only be better for our team's playoff chances and future, but the City of LA wouldn't have to deal with the diva ever again.

I hope I am validated, and as a Laker fan, so should you.
    Point One, Basketball goes FAR BEYOND statistics.

Point Two, one player having GREAT indiviudal stats ( no one is denying that) Is not always "good" for the team as a whole and much less brings Success, Check Love, Kevin and the Timberwolves.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraaft View Post
    Trade Howard? Been saying that for a month, I would offer him a contract and if he signs great, then I would trade Pau, if not I would trade Howard while I can still get something and keep Pau....
    Yes, or trade both.

Brook Lopez has been performing really well this season and the Nets are probably the only team Dwight would for sure resign with. He's been doing a lot better on the boards and playing much improved defense. I don't even know if the Nets would consider Dwight for him anymore.

If we do get Brook, I don't see us keeping Pau either. Pau needs to play C in this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Point One, Basketball goes FAR BEYOND statistics.

Point Two, one player having GREAT indiviudal stats ( no one is denying that) Is not always "good" for the team as a whole and much less brings Success, Check Love, Kevin and the Timberwolves.
    http://www.82games.com/1112/11MIN12.HTM

If you check Love's per 48 minutes on/off statistics from 2012, it pretty much backs up their record.

With Love on the court, they barely beat opponents.

Love offensive production on: 108.2
    Love defensive production on: 107.4

With Love off:

Love offensive production off: 99.8
    Love defensive production off: 107.0

Basically, defensively, Love makes little difference to the Wolves defense. He does provide a big boost offensively though, yet it's not enough to cover how bad they are without him on the floor.

Also, as I've mentioned earlier. I realized basketball goes beyond statistics. All stats point to Dwight being the problem though, and I would love validation on that outside of statistics.

Basically, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE for us to start winning without him on the court. As a Laker fan, so should you. It would be a quick fix and provide a ton of insight on our problems. Not to mention, if the front office realizes it and trades him for someone that would make us better.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast