Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Marvin Williams out 3 Games

Not the biggest news, but still worth posting. I'm guessing Hayward will start at SF, with Burks and Carroll coming off the bench at SG and SF.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...ames-utah-jazz

vCash
    Were suppose to play ATL!!!

Apparently my thread was moved into the dallas thread. But we need Marvin to put up 28 points like Foye did versus Clippers.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    if corbin is consistent carroll would start again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    if corbin is consistent carroll would start again
    that would be a big FU to gordon not to start him with marvin out. i would think this lineup

Al
    Paul
    Carroll
    Hayward
    Tinsley
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    when marvin had his concussion carroll started and the reason hayward comes off of the bench is so he can be the instant scorer and not just get looks after paul and millsap are done

vCash
    I see it this way. Our bench works so amazingly great together. They do good as one, so keep them together, all of them, even though all them deserve starter positions(you can't put your 1 year contract, tradable assets, on the bench getting poor numbers.

Carroll, I have been debating for months now, to be put in on Stater, even if he keeps his minutes, because the MOST crucial quarters are Q1 and Q4. In Q1 we need to bring the energy and toughness that we showed last night, to show them who is "boss". 4th quarter is obvious, stopping them from scoring past you is the key to winning.

Carroll, is the best defensive player for the starters, because he plays defense mode on both sides of the court. Especially if the opposing team has a huge scorer, cause it makes sense to put your better defender against a "LeBron" shooter, then to put your subpar shooter out there, to try and out shoot him.

I love Marvin and I think he does have decent D(he would just be more amazing from a bench point of view), he just doesn't have the tenacity that The Junkyard Dog has.

I also say this, cause at his position(SF) on the starters, it is not a high scoring position anyway(Foye, Al and Paul are the scorers), might as well keep a defender at SF.

Good teams have half super shooters, and half super defense players.
    Like Nets, Reggie Evans for defense, and Joe Johnson for shooting, Gerald Wallace Defense and Dwill offense(key note, guards and center being the big shooters, PF an F for defense).

The better teams have multi-faceted players like Lopez and Hayward. Who are great on both sides and are neither better on one side or another, cause they are that good.

vCash
    Does everyone realize that last night was the first time Hayward got 30 min in 16 games? And this is his production. Corbin is a genius
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Its obvious to me that Hayward, Kanter, Favors and Burks are more capable of putting up huge numbers. I have been saying they are fully ready to replace all the starters since forever.

If you took all the starters and replaced them with draft picks, and with some cheap bench players, and moved our bench to the starters, we would be just as good, cause our 3rd strings are sufficient enough to be starters(well Carroll and Watson at least make a decent bench).

I am confident that Hayward/Favors/Kanter/Burks, could score just as much as Marvin/paul/al/tinsley!

I say toss in Mo, with my line up, and you got a super starter group.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-08-2013 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Also, I wanted to point out a very great observation, I would make a thread, but any post I do just gets erased from people, for no logical reason.

OK, Take the top 8 teams right now, and set them aside:

You got 4 teams wanting into that top 8, and they all share something in common.

UTA, MIN, LAL, and DAL......They all had huge injuries(*Now some got more!!!)

Utah:
    Has a great outlook for the next 6 games(and until Mo Williams comes back). We play a bunch of east coast teams, with only one major injury, which hasn't effected us so far this year.
    Our team is full of potential, and with the only 3 other teams looking at a top 8 spot(who aren't in the top 8), they are all blurry for the future! Jazz will have a huge advantage without having them 3 on our backs while we climb. Which will make it easier to fight off one team out of their playoff spot.

Houston, Denver and Portland are the new targets, each has been getting wins, the two from our division are only 2 games ahead, while Houston is 3 games ahead. We only need to pass one of them to secure a playoff spot!!!

With these 6 potentially very winnable games(which I would show you, but its not important enough for its own thread), We need to STRIKE NOW, while the IRON IS HOT!! Two wins for us, and +2 losses for any of them during the next 6 games, will put us back in playoff spots!!! (Utah having the obviously easier schedule of all those wanting bottom 3 spots)!!

Lakers:
    Gasol and Howard are now injured. Hell is breaking lose and Utah is going to be able to have a better chance while they stay hectic in Laker Land. The longer this lasts, the better, several more losses will put them in a tough spot even with a turn around. If they are out through All Star break, I think they won't make a come back at all!

Minn:
    Love was out, Rubio was out, and guess what, Love is out again and Rubio's future is bleak. Love re-fractured his hand, and now Minn is looking to be plagued with more injuries at their starter positions. Leaving Utah a big advantage in NW. Pekovic has a hurt hip(with him out at all, they are really screwed, but he is likely to play), Brandon Roy is out indefinitely, Rubio has had back spasms which will likely last the rest of the month, or at least worsen his performance. Malcom Lee and Chase Budinger are also out for undetermined time!

Dallas:
    Dirk was out for a long time, and left them with only 13 mins(which is equal to Sac, who haven't been playoff threats). Dirk is back and they don't have any huge injuries except Brandan Wright(which is minimal), but Dirk is still having some slight issues adjusting to his former championship self(being older means longer recovery). But at this point right now, they got it back together but luckily, they are the furthest behind! They will make a come back, but I say, maybe too little, to late, cause he probably needs another month to be in full shape every night with full minutes!

Now its time to analyze Den, Por and Hou, to see which one were gonna take out first!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Does everyone realize that last night was the first time Hayward got 30 min in 16 games? And this is his production. Corbin is a genius
    he has had a bunch of near 30 minute games and hasn't lit the world on fire