Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Suns/Griz in Rudy Gay talks

The Memphis Grizzlies and Phoenix Suns are engaged in trade talks centered on forward Rudy Gay, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Rudy Gay is averaging 17.8 points and 5.8 rebounds this season. (USA Today Sports)The Grizzlies have been shopping Gay to multiple teams, and found an interested trade partner with the Suns, sources said.

There's no framework of a possible deal in place, but the Grizzlies have expressed a strong desire that any package involving Gay include Suns forward Jared Dudley and future first-round draft picks, sources said.

In an effort to avoid paying luxury tax in the short term, as well as get off the $17.8 million and $19.3 million owed Gay in the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons, new Memphis management has aggressively shopped Gay. The Grizzlies have made proposals on Gay to several teams, front-office sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Gay will make $16.4 million this year.

The Suns have been mindful of their financial state under Phoenix owner Robert Sarver, and there are still doubts within the organization they will ultimately be able to absorb the remainder of Gay's contract.

The Suns own the Los Angeles Lakers' first round picks in 2013 and 2015.

Under new ownership and management, the Memphis front office is dubious these Grizzlies are constructed to contend for the Western Conference title, sources said. Owner Robert Para has turned basketball operations over to CEO Jason Levien.

Memphis is 22-10 and presently holding the fourth seed in the West.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--su...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I'm sure you've already heard about this but here's a thread for it to discuss. What are Grizzlies fans thoughts on this?

vCash
    These are the two trades I see happening(plus a draft pick or 2, obviously)...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wevw3q

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxvbsoa

Wesley Johnson's expiring contract would definitely be a key piece in this deal. The Suns would then have to throw in another 1.5 million or so on top of Dudley and Johnsons contracts...I think the Griz will push for Morris or Marshall(both young players with potential to contribute)

I would still want 2 first round picks out of this deal...then I MIGHT be ok with trading my favorite player in the NBA
    Last edited by J Falk; 01-08-2013 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    I honestly hope this is just a decoy in order to get more teams interested....We can get better pieces that will help us win this year...I want to do this deal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxvbsoa

Devin Harris is being under utilized as a Hawk. That along with the fact that we still don't have a true backup point guard leads me to believe Harris could be a realistic target. Korver is still one of the best shooters in the league and would help us there. They're both expiring contracts, so we could decide at the end of the season whether or not they're worth bringing back.

Conley/Harris/Bayless
    TA/Ellington/Bayless
    Korver/Pon/DA
    Zbo/Speights/DA
    Marc/Speights/Haddadi

I think our team could possibly get better from a deal like this. Not to mention that we'd probably get a draft pick as well.
    Last edited by J Falk; 01-08-2013 at 02:56 PM.

vCash

vCash
    I am starting to get used to the idea Rudy may leave but those bozo FO owners better leave ZBo out of these talks with other teams!!! Fair warning Pera, Levien and Hollinger !!! Yes I know Pera is the only owner of the 3 but they're all FO. Better not show their faces on Friday if they try and trade ZBo.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    the ****?

I DO NOT like Gay,

But trading him for such a low price is plain stupid.

Apparently ZBo is on the block too?????????????????

Wtf is going on?

This smells of Hollinger from several miles of distance.
    ]

vCash
    better leave Z-BO alone!!! I have a man crush on Dudley but he should not be the centerpiece of a rudy gay deal

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I think you guys would be better suited with Morris over Marshall. So far, Marshall's NBA career won't last past his rookie contract. He's plain awful.

That being said, no Suns fan in the forum wants to get Rudy Gay. It just sets us back in our rebuilding effort. We don't have a lot of trade chips as it is. So losing all those players on top of using up all of our cap space and we're a team fighting to get into the playoffs with no sign of being able to contend in the future.

vCash
    What people don't realize is that if we trade Rudy we have 1 guy at the sf position in Quincy Pondexter (who is hurt). We could move Tony Allen there but its just a quick fix. Grizz need to get back a sf in any trade imo. I love some packages that the sixers could put up

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I think Darrell Arthur can turn into a more than capable SF...I heard the Kings are interested in Rudy and would be willing to trade Tyreke to get him...

I'd be very interested in getting an ex Tiger like Tyreke..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    What people don't realize is that if we trade Rudy we have 1 guy at the sf position in Quincy Pondexter (who is hurt). We could move Tony Allen there but its just a quick fix. Grizz need to get back a sf in any trade imo. I love some packages that the sixers could put up
    I know this thread is about a trade with PHX, but just curious on what Memphis fans think of the rumored deal with GS that Memphis turned down. Supposedly Barnes plus either Jefferson or Biedrins.

Would you make that trade? Do you think these other rumored trades are better? Thanks fellas.

vCash
    I like a trade with the warriors better than most offers that are out there. I would prefer Sixers, Warriors, and Raptors in that order as trade partners

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Meh. Not so much with the dubs.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    After seeing how competitive the game was with the warriors tonight i dont want rudy going anywhere in the west. He could come back and hurt us in the playoffs :cry:

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Thanks for the response dudes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast