Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thurman new DC

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash

Thurman new DC

Jets aren't wasting time with coaches. I'm told DBs coach Dennis Thurman is expected to be named the new defensive coordinator. #nyj
    Manish's Twitter

Not a good move IMO. I know the defense wasn't the problem, but you can get a new perspective without breaking the bank, they should have brought in an outside voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Manish's Twitter

Not a good move IMO. I know the defense wasn't the problem, but you can get a new perspective without breaking the bank, they should have brought in an outside voice.
    I thought the only thing that should have stayed the same was the defense... Blow up everything else.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Thurman was likely gone had the Jets not made the promotion, glad to see that he was retained.

vCash
    Manish's Twitter

I don't like this at all.

vCash

Thurman new DC

I think this is a solid move! Our secondary has always been good. As always Rex will have the final say on defense

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    Thurman was likely gone had the Jets not made the promotion, glad to see that he was retained.
    Not sure why you believe this to be the case.

vCash

Thurman new DC

2nd against the past without revis that is y !

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    His contract hadn't expired. And a coordinator position is no longer considered a promotion by the NFL (the only promotion is to head coach), so no team could have offered him a DC job without the Jets approval.

vCash
    Does it really matter who is the DC if Rex is still in all likelihood going to be calling the plays? That is why it doesn't bother me about Pettine. Only way you are getting "new ideas" on defense is to get rid of Rex Ryan.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    I really like this move. What would be the point of hiring outside the org? Rex wants someone who is familiar with his system. Someone he can share a brain with. And from what I've read Res, Pettine and Thurman pretty much ran the defense. And Thurman has gone a great job since he's been here especially this past season. I like this move a lot.

As for OC, we def need a new/fresh approach from the outside.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I really like this move. What would be the point of hiring outside the org? Rex wants someone who is familiar with his system. Someone he can share a brain with. And from what I've read Res, Pettine and Thurman pretty much ran the defense. And Thurman has gone a great job since he's been here especially this past season. I like this move a lot.

As for OC, we def need a new/fresh approach from the outside.
    This I can agree with completely, defense has always been this teams strong point and why change it. Offensively we need a fresh mind no ground and pound BS. Throw the rock! Hopefully not with sanchez lol

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    His contract hadn't expired. And a coordinator position is no longer considered a promotion by the NFL (the only promotion is to head coach), so no team could have offered him a DC job without the Jets approval.
    I know this, yet he's gotten requests to be the DC of other teams in previous years and we have denied them, to pass on him now as DC when there is an opening basically means he has no future on the team.

Either he would of been disgruntled and an issue for the Jets or he would of been gone immediately with the hiring of a new DC. To think that the Jets could of hired a new DC from outside and expect Thurman to still be satisfied being DBs coach is quite the stretch IMO.

vCash
    Not happy with this move.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Elaborate, please.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Im excited, atleast our Defense will be the same.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast