Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will the Los Angeles Lakers win?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 62.50%
  • No

    9 37.50%
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 781
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    14,095
    vCash
    1500
    D'Antoni system 110 allowed tonight

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Over/Under 30 for Harden?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    I'll be at the game tonight at the Toyota Center. My first live Lakers game. I'm pretty excited. I wish the bigs were playing so I could get the full experience but I'll take it either way. We should be faster to keep up with the Rockets without our bigs. I predict a slugfest with the Lakers closing it out in the end behind Metta and Kobe.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,496
    vCash
    1500
    Fortunately I will not watch the game.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyles2k12 View Post
    I'll be at the game tonight at the Toyota Center. My first live Lakers game. I'm pretty excited. I wish the bigs were playing so I could get the full experience but I'll take it either way. We should be faster to keep up with the Rockets without our bigs. I predict a slugfest with the Lakers closing it out in the end behind Metta and Kobe.
    Crazy prediction, but I hope it comes true.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,493
    vCash
    1500
    Are there actually people on this forum that have their head's so far up their ***'s and believe that the Lakers are going to win without any big men?

    We will lose by at least 10.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    ^ it's called optimism, and hopefully they do win.

    Edit: I had a paragraph of stuff here but made a typo and had to edit. However, it was deleted once I hit save...so yeah. Too lazy to retype it.
    Last edited by Decimotox; 01-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Are there actually people on this forum that have their head's so far up their ***'s and believe that the Lakers are going to win without any big men?

    We will lose by at least 10.
    I've always found you to be a fairly reasonable fan. But like most reasonable fans I think you have a massive blind spot when it comes to many of your fellow Laker supporters.

    Yes -- these people really do believe that you make the Lakers stronger by making them smaller, less skilled, less talented and less experienced. As long as Kobe is on the floor, many Laker fans believe that the team is better off with Kobe shooting sixty shots a game and everybody else staying out of the way. Or better yet, everybody else being traded for imaginary perfect players to be named later. (It's incredible to me that so many fans hate D'Antoni and yet perfectly parrot D'Antoni's own attitude about offense and defense.)

    There is no bottom to this kind of stupidity. There is no point at which these deluded fans say, "Okay -- now we need to get serious about building a team." It's wishful thinking wrapped in religious fervor, not rationality.

    As last night's Wizards/Thunder game showed, you never know what's going to happen in any given game. But we've already seen the Lakers emphasize our smalls and generally treat our bigs like rented mules, and so far the return on that investment is a loosing record, a fragmented team, and no cohesion on defense. And yet many fans on this board and out in the wild still believe that what we need are players who shoot more and run around like maniacs -- just like a number of players who've already found themselves a seat on the Laker pine.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I've always found you to be a fairly reasonable fan. But like most reasonable fans I think you have a massive blind spot when it comes to many of your fellow Laker supporters.

    Yes -- these people really do believe that you make the Lakers stronger by making them smaller, less skilled, less talented and less experienced. As long as Kobe is on the floor, many Laker fans believe that the team is better off with Kobe shooting sixty shots a game and everybody else staying out of the way. Or better yet, everybody else being traded for imaginary perfect players to be named later. (It's incredible to me that so many fans hate D'Antoni and yet perfectly parrot D'Antoni's own attitude about offense and defense.)

    There is no bottom to this kind of stupidity. There is no point at which these deluded fans say, "Okay -- now we need to get serious about building a team." It's wishful thinking wrapped in religious fervor, not rationality.

    As last night's Wizards/Thunder game showed, you never know what's going to happen in any given game. But we've already seen the Lakers emphasize our smalls and generally treat our bigs like rented mules, and so far the return on that investment is a loosing record, a fragmented team, and no cohesion on defense. And yet many fans on this board and out in the wild still believe that what we need are players who shoot more and run around like maniacs -- just like a number of players who've already found themselves a seat on the Laker pine.
    We'll see. Lots of teams play better with less talent (because of injured players...more focus, less mouth to feed, etc) so I feel your post is not only wrong but biased.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,496
    vCash
    1500
    I know it was coming, the league and NBA forum mocks us already:

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=794476

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,398
    vCash
    1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    We'll see. Lots of teams play better with less talent (because of injured players...more focus, less mouth to feed, etc) so I feel your post is not only wrong but biased.
    I think its just the fact that teams usually play harder when shorthanded. I HOPE the lakers do this tonight haha.
    #Chow!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,398
    vCash
    1550
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Don't you mean season?
    hahah. I'm still banking for us to get hot going into the playoffs and causing damage
    #Chow!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Usually, I'd be praying for a top seed in the west because I've always thought it was super important. While home court is important, the lakers, if they catch fire, can be a low seed and still win. I just hope we make it in somehow haha

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,090
    vCash
    1500
    I have a feeling the Lakers will win this one!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    14,095
    vCash
    1500
    This games on NBAtv will be blacked out on Dish?

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •