Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Los Angeles Lakers win?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

9 37.50%
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    D'Antoni system 110 allowed tonight

vCash
    Over/Under 30 for Harden?

vCash
    I'll be at the game tonight at the Toyota Center. My first live Lakers game. I'm pretty excited. I wish the bigs were playing so I could get the full experience but I'll take it either way. We should be faster to keep up with the Rockets without our bigs. I predict a slugfest with the Lakers closing it out in the end behind Metta and Kobe.

vCash
    Fortunately I will not watch the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyles2k12 View Post
    I'll be at the game tonight at the Toyota Center. My first live Lakers game. I'm pretty excited. I wish the bigs were playing so I could get the full experience but I'll take it either way. We should be faster to keep up with the Rockets without our bigs. I predict a slugfest with the Lakers closing it out in the end behind Metta and Kobe.
    Crazy prediction, but I hope it comes true.

vCash
    Are there actually people on this forum that have their head's so far up their ***'s and believe that the Lakers are going to win without any big men?

We will lose by at least 10.

vCash
    ^ it's called optimism, and hopefully they do win.

Edit: I had a paragraph of stuff here but made a typo and had to edit. However, it was deleted once I hit save...so yeah. Too lazy to retype it.
    Last edited by Decimotox; 01-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Are there actually people on this forum that have their head's so far up their ***'s and believe that the Lakers are going to win without any big men?

We will lose by at least 10.
    I've always found you to be a fairly reasonable fan. But like most reasonable fans I think you have a massive blind spot when it comes to many of your fellow Laker supporters.

Yes -- these people really do believe that you make the Lakers stronger by making them smaller, less skilled, less talented and less experienced. As long as Kobe is on the floor, many Laker fans believe that the team is better off with Kobe shooting sixty shots a game and everybody else staying out of the way. Or better yet, everybody else being traded for imaginary perfect players to be named later. (It's incredible to me that so many fans hate D'Antoni and yet perfectly parrot D'Antoni's own attitude about offense and defense.)

There is no bottom to this kind of stupidity. There is no point at which these deluded fans say, "Okay -- now we need to get serious about building a team." It's wishful thinking wrapped in religious fervor, not rationality.

As last night's Wizards/Thunder game showed, you never know what's going to happen in any given game. But we've already seen the Lakers emphasize our smalls and generally treat our bigs like rented mules, and so far the return on that investment is a loosing record, a fragmented team, and no cohesion on defense. And yet many fans on this board and out in the wild still believe that what we need are players who shoot more and run around like maniacs -- just like a number of players who've already found themselves a seat on the Laker pine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I've always found you to be a fairly reasonable fan. But like most reasonable fans I think you have a massive blind spot when it comes to many of your fellow Laker supporters.

Yes -- these people really do believe that you make the Lakers stronger by making them smaller, less skilled, less talented and less experienced. As long as Kobe is on the floor, many Laker fans believe that the team is better off with Kobe shooting sixty shots a game and everybody else staying out of the way. Or better yet, everybody else being traded for imaginary perfect players to be named later. (It's incredible to me that so many fans hate D'Antoni and yet perfectly parrot D'Antoni's own attitude about offense and defense.)

There is no bottom to this kind of stupidity. There is no point at which these deluded fans say, "Okay -- now we need to get serious about building a team." It's wishful thinking wrapped in religious fervor, not rationality.

As last night's Wizards/Thunder game showed, you never know what's going to happen in any given game. But we've already seen the Lakers emphasize our smalls and generally treat our bigs like rented mules, and so far the return on that investment is a loosing record, a fragmented team, and no cohesion on defense. And yet many fans on this board and out in the wild still believe that what we need are players who shoot more and run around like maniacs -- just like a number of players who've already found themselves a seat on the Laker pine.
    We'll see. Lots of teams play better with less talent (because of injured players...more focus, less mouth to feed, etc) so I feel your post is not only wrong but biased.

vCash
    I know it was coming, the league and NBA forum mocks us already:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=794476

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    We'll see. Lots of teams play better with less talent (because of injured players...more focus, less mouth to feed, etc) so I feel your post is not only wrong but biased.
    I think its just the fact that teams usually play harder when shorthanded. I HOPE the lakers do this tonight haha.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Don't you mean season?
    hahah. I'm still banking for us to get hot going into the playoffs and causing damage
    #Chow!

vCash
    Usually, I'd be praying for a top seed in the west because I've always thought it was super important. While home court is important, the lakers, if they catch fire, can be a low seed and still win. I just hope we make it in somehow haha

vCash
    I have a feeling the Lakers will win this one!

vCash
    This games on NBAtv will be blacked out on Dish?

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast