Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I'll keep on holding up the ridiculous beliefs and comments of Celtic employees, fans, and media members too ridicule as it suits me.
    I enjoy your post. I find it informative and without bias.

Guy's just because you don't agree doesn't mean that he/ anyone is incorrect. It is in fact that, a point of view.

Take perspective, look at all sides. Enjoy that persons point of view, some maybe all. But it provides information/ knowledge...thus gives you a line. There are TWO points to every line.

Thus the middle provides balance.

I agree Tommy/ Gorman are very bias and lack judgement. But they are getting a paycheck to praise these guys. They know where their, " bread is buttered. "

Im with ya Bags368 . I would love to see Scal get a shot.

Wait I just had a flashback....ahh the year was 1984 and I just heard, " welcome to the Boston Garden on Sunday this is Johnny Most.
    Last edited by Bird Fan; 01-08-2013 at 10:13 AM.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    ^ I agree Birdfan

vCash
    A local commentator is biased toward the team he's covering?

In other news, water is wet.

Who cares?

vCash
    Yea they are big homers(Tommy getting alot worse with age) but everyone I know including myself love listening to them. They make the games fun.

Obviously Gorman was exaggerating by saying that, He was saying that he wouldnt want to trade Bradley unless it brought us a Great player in return. I agree.

vCash
    Scal and Donny are obviously getting groomed to replace them.

And we have to listen to Felger bash basketball with no IQ of the game every night on sports tonight, so why complain about Tommy n Mike?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Who cares?
    Who cares? Well a number of people seem to care that I care and have commented.

I can't speak on the Bruins, but the Patriots and Red Sox announcers are certainly less biased than the the Celtic counterparts. Funny that Ainge and Doc are probably the most honest GM/Coach combo of the three teams, and even honest by the standards of the rest of the NBA.

It's this over the top bias that effects the objectivity of this group. The Red Sox and Patriots groups on PSD are far more open to negative forecasts and comments - in particular with data to back them up. Here, it's seen as an attack on something sacred.

So, to defend the lies told about the Celts from the crib on up, people shoot the messenger and try and denigrate the message, or at least put their hands over their ears and say "I'm not listening" over and over.

That's what's wrong with biased announcers. It leads to irrational behavior on behalf of those that they have infected.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Scal and Donny are obviously getting groomed to replace them.

And we have to listen to Felger bash basketball with no IQ of the game every night on sports tonight, so why complain about Tommy n Mike?
    Can't argue that - not only is Felger ignorant of basketball - and he admits it - then goes ahead and gives his opinion.

Tommy was a fun guy, with his painting, and hearty laugh, and infectious want-to-know-you handshake.... so having seen him as a real 3D human, this 2D cartoon on the broadcasts over the past 5-6 years is I hope just a show... But even Tommy in his current state is an easy choice over Felger - gack.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    That's Boston for you. 5 days ago we were done and should have cleaned house and started the rebuilding process, now we're a title contender.

vCash
    If you are annoyed write them a letter.

I know tommy is a big homer but gorman not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    If you are annoyed write them a letter.

I know tommy is a big homer but gorman not so much.
    Yeah you're right and like i said before I think Gorman was just exaggerating. Mike is always the one that keeps Tommy's homerism in check. He even teases him about it as you all know

vCash
    I heard Gorman say this morning that he would only trade Bradley for Durant and James, and no other player in the NBA. It's clear Bradley jump started the Celts, but it's also clear that's an insane statement.

The Celts according to Gorman, the White Mamba, and Tommy should cruise to the title since Rondo is a MVP level player, and Pierce and KG are still near their HOF peaks.

Speaking of Tommy, I saw his reaction to Danny Ferry taking the Rondo clip to the refs. It's so easy to get under Rondo's skin, it's almost a requirement for any opposing player/coach/GM to get into his head. Tommy used to be an informative/fun presence back in the 80's and 90's, but now he's a doctrinaire Stepford Announcer like the rest of them - except for Max who maintains some level of objectivity.

No other team in Boston gets it slathered on anywhere near this bad. Is that what it takes to energize the fan base? If so, it's annoying and pathetic.
    Your acting as if this is something new going on here... Tommy and mike have been like this for years and years, and there certainly not even the most biased commentators in the league for their respective team. Have you ever listened to a Knicks local broadcast?

There also not the only people in this city covering this team and there are plenty of them who are more objective and even "negative" which may appease to your regular approach. Try listening to Felger (whom hates basketball and the C's in general). Or Jackie Mac and Dan Shaunessey who tend to be more objective when it comes to realistic scenarios pertaining to the C's.

I for one watch/listen to C's games for enjoyment and love for my team. I have no problem listening to guys like tommy and mike while the games are going on... They get the fanbase pumped up and keep the games intresting whether we win or lose.

Please, give it a rest bags... Focusing on negativity about the team (mostly rondo) is one thing, but taking out your inner anger on the commentators is another new low for you. I'd suggest you quit while your ahead as your not going to find very many supporters backing your cause, especially inside the celtics forum
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Your acting as if this is something new going on here... Tommy and mike have been like this for years and years, and there certainly not even the most biased commentators in the league for their respective team. Have you ever listened to a Knicks local broadcast?
    Haven't heard the local guys down there in years, but, no surprise I suppose.

There also not the only people in this city covering this team and there are plenty of them who are more objective and even "negative" which may appease to your regular approach. Try listening to Felger (whom hates basketball and the C's in general). Or Jackie Mac and Dan Shaunessey who tend to be more objective when it comes to realistic scenarios pertaining to the C's.
    Felger is a joke as I've already gotten into. Shank knows more, but he's always looking for blood. Jackie is very good - a bit conservative at times, but head and shoulders above all the others named here, just saw her last week actually.

I for one watch/listen to C's games for enjoyment and love for my team. I have no problem listening to guys like tommy and mike while the games are going on... They get the fanbase pumped up and keep the games intresting whether we win or lose.
    That's the idea. I don't usually listen, but was over at a friends home to watch it last night, and he doesn't share my enjoyment of watching games with no sound, and then this morning on 98.5 I head the interviews with Gorman and Tommy.

Please, give it a rest bags... Focusing on negativity about the team (mostly rondo) is one thing, but taking out your inner anger on the commentators is another new low for you. I'd suggest you quit while your ahead as your not going to find very many supporters backing your cause, especially inside the celtics forum
    Inner anger? A new low? I don't want supporters, given how ridiculously canted the views of most posters on this board are I'd be ashamed to have more then then 2-3 I have now.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    It's this over the top bias that effects the objectivity of this group.
    I generally agree: there's SOMETHING unique about the infrequency of criticism in C's coverage by the local media. Ainge is above reproach -- this team, since the '08 title, has progressively worsened under his management IMO -- and Rondo doesn't receive fair criticism (besides from 98.5 during the midday and afternoon).

Take the heightened expectations for '12-'13, for example. The consensus was this C's team would be a slam-dunk #2-3 seed and legitimate contender.... Even myself, an amateur in all things basketball, knew this was wishful thinking (I remember you arguing the same).

I'd just like some serious questions answered, like:
    1. How can the team consider Green the mainstay of a new core, yet not give him a set position or defined role?
    2. Can Bradley and Rondo really co-exist in the back court if neither of whom become elite shooters? With two slashers, where will the scoring come from once PP retires?
    3. Why does Rondo's ability, smarts and athleticism make him "untradeable". If you can't play consistently at a high level, you're bound for that dustbin of history IMO.
    4. Are transition offenses overrated?
    5. Is it a definitive "no" that Bradley couldn't play the point?
    6. Do the C's really think Rondo is the future, or is Rondo the future because he couldn't be moved?
    7. Why aren't people PAID to ask these questions asking them?
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    1. How can the team consider Green the mainstay of a new core, yet not give him a set position or defined role?
    Great question. I think the answer to this has not yet been asnwered as it will need to be found out over time depending on where Green ends up post heart surgery in his development as a player. His contract is what's defining him as being part of our core/future. (4yr deal)

2. Can Bradley and Rondo really co-exist in the back court if neither of whom become elite shooters? With two slashers, where will the scoring come from once PP retires?
    Bradley's ability to score is somewhat of a question right now, as he has not yet played a full healthy season with consistent minutes. Rondo is not an elite scorer, but his ability to hit the mid-range jumper may be just enough spacing to keep oppsoing guards to sneak into the paint with any kind of regularity.

As this team is currently constructed with PP and KG as the clear #1/#2 options, a backcourt of Rondo and Bradley is just fine.

3. Why does Rondo's ability, smarts and athleticism make him "untradeable". If you can't play consistently at a high level, you're bound for that dustbin of history IMO.
    Rondo is currently our best asset in terms of talent/age and name recognition. To trade our best player would have to net us a large package in return. I don't see him as "untradeable" but more so "unlikely to be traded".

4. Are transition offenses overrated?
    I guess that depends on how well your team can play transition defense after running the fast break. The celtics have struggled with their transition defense.

5. Is it a definitive "no" that Bradley couldn't play the point?
    He originally was slotted as a backup PG when he was drafted, but Bradley has shown himself to be a great on ball defender as well as playing really good off the ball. His decision making with the ball is what seems to be lacking in his development thus far, hence why he plays the #2 guard.

6. Do the C's really think Rondo is the future, or is Rondo the future because he couldn't be moved?
    Rondo can be moved without question. As I stated earlier he is our best asset in terms of trade bait and getting a positive return for. If we were to trade him it would have to be for someone of equal or greater value.

7. Why aren't people PAID to ask these questions asking them?
    I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Who cares?
    This

Him and Tommy are both becoming senile it seems. They have been traveling and talking with these guys everywhere. Of course they are biased. Hell if i remember correctly Gormans wife died and he only missed one game. Mike and Tommy LOVE this team, they are going to be biased to the max.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast