Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Gorman = homer

I heard Gorman say this morning that he would only trade Bradley for Durant and James, and no other player in the NBA. It's clear Bradley jump started the Celts, but it's also clear that's an insane statement.

The Celts according to Gorman, the White Mamba, and Tommy should cruise to the title since Rondo is a MVP level player, and Pierce and KG are still near their HOF peaks.

Speaking of Tommy, I saw his reaction to Danny Ferry taking the Rondo clip to the refs. It's so easy to get under Rondo's skin, it's almost a requirement for any opposing player/coach/GM to get into his head. Tommy used to be an informative/fun presence back in the 80's and 90's, but now he's a doctrinaire Stepford Announcer like the rest of them - except for Max who maintains some level of objectivity.

No other team in Boston gets it slathered on anywhere near this bad. Is that what it takes to energize the fan base? If so, it's annoying and pathetic.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Right, because fans would rather hear Mike and Tommy shouting that this team sucks, Rondo is the 6th best point guard in the league, and we're not going anywhere this year so we should tank this season. As a matter of fact, CSNNE should hire Bags and BFS101 (who started the tanking thread) as their commentators.

Because all that negativity is exactly what fans want to hear of their team.

An awesome 3 game win streak and you're still slinging negative crap. Give it a rest and be positive for a change.
    Last edited by 69centers; 01-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I agree that Tommy has seen better days announcing, but it's Tommy. Celtic fans love the guy for the most part. I think Mike Gorman is one of the better Play by Play guys in the league. They have done their best to support the team even when things haven't gone the Celtics way.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #Wiggins/Parker/Smart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Right, because fans would rather hear Mike and Tommy shouting that this team sucks, Rondo is the 6th best point guard in the league, and we're not going anywhere this year so we should tank this season. As a matter of fact, CSNNE should hire Bags and BFS101 (who started the tanking thread) as their commentators.

Because all that negativity is exactly what fans want to hear of their team.

An awesome 3 game win streak and you're still slinging negative crap. Give it a rest and be positive for a change.
    Why is it either white or black with you? What's wrong with the truth? They should try it sometime. You might consider it as well.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

No other team in Boston gets it slathered on anywhere near this bad. Is that what it takes to energize the fan base? If so, it's annoying and pathetic.
    You don't think the patriots get the same level of hype by the home town people? It's called hyperbole. Im sure if gorman was gm he'd trade Avery for other guys around the league, but he's not.

It's pretty pathetic that guys who have been commentating for their home team for over 30 years annoy you when they show love for their team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    I agree that Tommy has seen better days announcing, but it's Tommy. Celtic fans love the guy for the most part. I think Mike Gorman is one of the better Play by Play guys in the league. They have done their best to support the team even when things haven't gone the Celtics way.
    So does this mean the average fan cannot support the team or their own interest if they don't live in some whacked green tinted world where the Celts are great no matter what? Is that what happens when the #1 franchise in NBA history has won but one title since 1985-1986?

Bradley has certainly rallied the team, no doubt. That's great, and it's a real story. But sugar coating him as if he's suddenly the #3 player in the league? What's the need and what's the purpose?

vCash
    Bagsy baby, I feel like there's so much bile, anger and resentment in you that you can't be trusted to carry on a rational conversation right now. I'll check back later. Seriously though, please don't kick your dog or anything or lash out at your wife.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NSJ View Post
    You don't think the patriots get the same level of hype by the home town people? It's called hyperbole. Im sure if gorman was gm he'd trade Avery for other guys around the league, but he's not.

It's pretty pathetic that guys who have been commentating for their home team for over 30 years annoy you when they show love for their team.
    Not even close. BB in the past year alone has been reamed for his choices in the draft, his FA signings, and his cuts. BB gets reamed by fans as well as writers, even though he is head and shoulders above any GM and/or Coach over the past 11 years in the NFL. Doc/Danny aren't even in same zip code as the top NBA Coach and GM respectively.

It's pretty pathetic when "loving a team" is the only permitted form of communication allowed.

vCash
    We're talking about the commentators. I don't really recall the guys calling the game reaming belichek, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Why is it either white or black with you? What's wrong with the truth? They should try it sometime. You might consider it as well.
    Sure they're homers, sure they blow things out of proportion, and sure they see things with green tinted glasses. They get paid to do it, fans want to hear it (well, most fans), and there's nothing wrong with it. Every team does it.

Be thankful you have PSD where you can rant and rave negatively about everything you want. Let Mike and Tommy stay positive, please. ESPECIALLY, after a huge win against our division leading rivals.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    It seems as if your turning this in to a different argument bringing up the fans and writers and if that's the case then the Cs also get ripped by the fans and writers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    Bagsy baby, I feel like there's so much bile, anger and resentment in you that you can't be trusted to carry on a rational conversation right now. I'll check back later. Seriously though, please don't kick your dog or anything or lash out at your wife.
    I'll keep on holding up the ridiculous beliefs and comments of Celtic employees, fans, and media members too ridicule as it suits me.

vCash
    I'm not even trying to compare the two teams I just hate the oats and feel whenever I watch them the announcers over praise them. The main reason I posted was because I don't really see the big deal of mike and tommy being biased

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Sure they're homers, sure they blow things out of proportion, and sure they see things with green tinted glasses. They get paid to do it, fans want to hear it (well, most fans), and there's nothing wrong with it. Every team does it.

Be thankful you have PSD where you can rant and rave negatively about everything you want. Let Mike and Tommy stay positive, please. ESPECIALLY, after a huge win against our division leading rivals.
    Basketball is an emotional game, so we could expect more of that in general than something like baseball. It all started with Most. I loved Johnny, even when he hit on my future wife! But eventually he got old, and his shtick got old too, or maybe I'm too old for it. Tommy is the carrier of that torch of course, another emotional guy.

So during games, fine - get amped up. But in an interview? Gorman (the play-by-play) says clearly and plainly - wouldn't deal Bradley for anyone but Durant and James. WTF is that? It's a different audience, the game is over. Isn't it enough to say that Bradly has ignited the new guys, and the gelling we have hoped would happen now is happening?

If Gorman is going to be that deluded in that situation, maybe I should never trust anything out of his mouth. Is that form of lying going to make Celtic fans more happy, more fervent, or more cheesed off when they realize it's garbage?

vCash
    haven't seen the video but I'm sure Gorman was over exaggerating. If not, then I guess that's why he's not a gm lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast