Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Two more things. These tough players from the past y'all keep mentioning...I agree mostly, but can we leave Sprewell of that list? There's about 50 guys I can think of before him, hell I might be able to take Sprewell. Choking a 57 year old man ain't tough......

Also did Garnett really say that about Duncan's mom after she died? If so that is ....utterly...horrible....
    Not even that I don't believe it, but can someone post a link for that, I gotta see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdg823 View Post
    D-Leethal, sheed hasn't been in good enough shape to fight anyone since Detroit I don't think. It better be a one punch ko and he might get tired halfway through that.

Garnett's actions on the court are disgusting. I'm a huge Celtics fan and very much respect his game, but I'm surpised no one's messed him up yet. But really not many players strike me as being any tougher than KG, there all ******* mostly. KG just starts stuff. He's the master of popping someone and making it look natural.

That being said, those of you who wish cancer and such on him... There must be something wrong in your souls, cuz I know you were raised better than that.
    Sheed is an avid boxer and during training camp, to get himself back into shape after coming out of retirement he would box with trainers.

And about cancer, I didn't see anyone post that, but the dude they are posting it about has already been down that route calling dudes cancer patients and the like.

Two more things. These tough players from the past y'all keep mentioning...I agree mostly, but can we leave Sprewell of that list? There's about 50 guys I can think of before him, hell I might be able to take Sprewell. Choking a 57 year old man ain't tough......

Also did Garnett really say that about Duncan's mom after she died? If so that is ....utterly...horrible....
    Not even that I don't believe it, but can someone post a link for that, I gotta see it
    The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother’s Day), Tim Duncan’s Spurs played Kevin Garnett’s Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far. Just as Tim Duncan was going to take two free throws, Garnett barked at him: “Happy Mother’s Day, mother****er!” Tim Duncan’s mother famously died of breast cancer the day before his 14th birthday.
    http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.p...n-feud.111180/

You can google 'Duncan Garnett Mothers Day' and find plenty of articles.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Melo is living in a fantasy world...you marry a beautiful woman...you force your way out of a contract to play for the team of your choice. Olympian...MVP candidate ....wealthy...famous and nobody cant say **** to you but pleasantries.

MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Magic, Kareem.....the list goes on ......if you look at many superstars careers they have gone through something so Melo has to rise above name callingseriously.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Thug life. It never goes away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Melo is living in a fantasy world...you marry a beautiful woman...you force your way out of a contract to play for the team of your choice. Olympian...MVP candidate ....wealthy...famous and nobody cant say **** to you but pleasantries.

MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Magic, Kareem.....the list goes on ......if you look at many superstars careers they have gone through something so Melo has to rise above name callingseriously.
    Where are you even getting this garbage from? You just making this stuff up?

Melo isn't living in any more of a fantasy world then every single name you posted up there.

I'd say 95% of star max money athletes are in their own fantasy world. MJ was a ruthless adulterer and compulsive gambler (may have cost his fathers life), Kobe is a supreme douchebag, awful teammate and rapist, Magic used to sleep with 15 women at a time, LeBron has the biggest ego in all of sports.

Lets not pretend like everytime you get in Melo's head hes gonna choke. He missed some shots and Pierce hit some. Hes also won some games after guys tried to get tough with him. Your digging for something thats not there right now.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash

I'm assuming that if somebody called your wife a whore you would just smile and walk away. Actually I'm quite certain you would now that I'm thinking about it.

Your above statement is absurd. It doesn't matter how much money or success you have when it comes to a situation like this. Some people are fighters and won't let someone just say or do abusive things to them without repercussions and then there are the people who just walk away from it.

vCash
    This teamis not built to get into confrentations. Our success is built on Defense...ball movement...ball security and hustle. IF we stick to that we will be successful.

None of that is possible without discipline.

vCash
    If you say so about Sheed, I guess I believe it, but have you watched this dude play in the last 5 years? He gets winded before he gets to the foul line. Mr. "I play my way into shape as the season goes on" would have been a borderline hall of famer if he wasn't so damn lazy.

About the Duncan thing, that horrible, absolutely indefensible. And I remember the whole Charlie V cancer thing, that was wrong too (although not as wrong as some make it out to be, he didn't wish for something bad to happen to him. But I feel the same way about the people on here that say that, about him getting cancer (like the first post) or aids, indefensible. If somebodyreally does me wrong, I nifgt wanna **** them up, but I'll never wish suffering on them. We aren't medieval Crusaders, we like to think of ourselves as a bit civilized. Statements like that remove all pretense of being humane or civilized. Just how I was brought up man, have some values, morals and stick to 'em, be consistent. Nothing on you though, you didn'y say it

vCash
    If Micheal's dad died because of him, did the Clinton's kill Vince Foster (no on that last on by the way if you're too young to get that). And if Kobe is a rapist, Ray Lewis is a murderer right? lol, I get your point but I think you stretched just a bit on those 2.

vCash
    Mello is SOFT...he got completely taken out of his game once things got physical and then wants to fight after the game...GROW UP

vCash
    This teamis not built to get into confrentations. Our success is built on Defense...ball movement...ball security and hustle. IF we stick to that we will be successful.

None of that is possible without discipline.
    This isn't a video game. The guy called his wife a whore. If you ask me he showed discipline by not swinging at KG. Garnett crossed the line!!

vCash
    If you say so about Sheed, I guess I believe it, but have you watched this dude play in the last 5 years? He gets winded before he gets to the foul line. Mr. "I play my way into shape as the season goes on" would have been a borderline hall of famer if he wasn't so damn lazy.

About the Duncan thing, that horrible, absolutely indefensible. And I remember the whole Charlie V cancer thing, that was wrong too (although not as wrong as some make it out to be, he didn't wish for something bad to happen to him. But I feel the same way about the people on here that say that, about him getting cancer (like the first post) or aids, indefensible. If somebodyreally does me wrong, I nifgt wanna **** them up, but I'll never wish suffering on them. We aren't medieval Crusaders, we like to think of ourselves as a bit civilized. Statements like that remove all pretense of being humane or civilized. Just how I was brought up man, have some values, morals and stick to 'em, be consistent. Nothing on you though, you didn'y say it
    I don't think Sheed would have stamina for a 15 round fight or anything like that, but hes a pretty tough mother****er and an avid boxer.

I actually really respect the way KG the basketball player plays the game. Even the cheap shots - he does it Dennis Rodman-esque and gets into guys heads and forces them to retaliate.

The bush league verbal low-blows make me lose all my respect for KG the person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Where are you even getting this garbage from? You just making this stuff up?

Melo isn't living in any more of a fantasy world then every single name you posted up there.

I'd say 95% of star max money athletes are in their own fantasy world. MJ was a ruthless adulterer and compulsive gambler (may have cost his fathers life), Kobe is a supreme douchebag, awful teammate and rapist, Magic used to sleep with 15 women at a time, LeBron has the biggest ego in all of sports.

Lets not pretend like everytime you get in Melo's head hes gonna choke. He missed some shots and Pierce hit some. Hes also won some games after guys tried to get tough with him. Your digging for something thats not there right now.
    Those guys are champions. Melo has weakness that effect his game its s concern.

vCash
    If Micheal's dad died because of him, did the Clinton's kill Vince Foster (no on that last on by the way if you're too young to get that). And if Kobe is a rapist, Ray Lewis is a murderer right? lol, I get your point but I think you stretched just a bit on those 2.
    I did go too far in hyperbole, but my point is that these guys are all raging egomaniacs and let their ego's get to their heads in certain situations. Thats not exclusive to Melo or this generation of stars.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-08-2013 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    I agree, Garnett is a punk, he's shown it 1,000 times and these guys are raging (don't forget pampered, maybe add living in a bubble) egomaniacs. I think that sums up just about everything we've discussed here quite well.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast