1.) Alabama
    2.) Oregon
    3.) Ohio State
    4.) Notre Dame
    5.) Georgia

full list here

vCash
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tml#ratings::5

The final SRS formula ratings say the final Top 5 should be: 1. Bama, 2. Oregon, 3. A&M, 4. UGA, 5. UF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tml#ratings::5

The final SRS formula ratings say the final Top 5 should be: 1. Bama, 2. Oregon, 3. A&M, 4. UGA, 5. UF.
    Florida being in any top 5 is just laughable.

Sagarin has it:

Bama
    Oregon
    AM
    UGA
    ND

vCash
    I would put Notre Dame at 6 after that showing

vCash
    ^Yup, the AP dropped UGA 3 spots after losing to Bama on the final play, yet ND only falls 3 spots after getting bodyslammed with a full month to prepare. Those SEC-loving bastards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^Yup, the AP dropped UGA 3 spots after losing to Bama on the final play, yet ND only falls 3 spots after getting bodyslammed with a full month to prepare. Those SEC-loving bastards.
    you could say the 6 weeks mad ethe rusty as well, plus thats NDs first lsoe vs UGAs second
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    it's funny that UF can beat south carolina by 33 points and finish with the same record, yet still come in one spot behind them in the rankings...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    you could say the 6 weeks mad ethe rusty as well,
    I would not say that, and neither would any objective viewer.
    plus thats NDs first lsoe vs UGAs second
    Irrelevant. I'm talking about the inconsistent penalty for getting your *** kicked. UGA deservedly fell 9 spots after losing to SC on the road. ND fell only 3 spots after getting embarrassed by Bama on a neutral field.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-09-2013 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Who cares? Once the season is over does it really matter who the first runner up is?

vCash
    Notre Dame was undefeated 12-0 during the regular season, that has to count. there only loss came to the national championship team.
    I'm okay with Oregon being #2. but Notre Dame should be #3, not Ohio State. they didn't even play in a bowl game. there whole season was questionable because they had nothing to play for.
    AP doesn't mean **** anyway, it's paper. AP means as much as local newspaper coming out with rankings.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    who cares?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    it's funny that UF can beat south carolina by 33 points and finish with the same record, yet still come in one spot behind them in the rankings...
    Well, that's what happens when you get dick-smacked in your final game, on a national stage no less.

vCash
    I don't understand how you can rank Oregon #2, and not even mention Stanford in the top 5. I think Stanford is the class of the PAC 12. They won the conference, and the Rose Bowl. They beat Oregon in the season, yet the Ducks get far too much respect..just my opinion, but I would rank Stanford above them in the final rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you get dick-smacked in your final game, on a national stage no less.
    true, and it's not like it really matters... but if they're gonna be put back-to-back in the final rankings, you'd think the voters would have the sense to say, "oh, hey, these two teams had the same record, except one of them beat the other by 33 points. maybe they should be considered the better team."
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    true, and it's not like it really matters... but if they're gonna be put back-to-back in the final rankings, you'd think the voters would have the sense to say, "oh, hey, these two teams had the same record, except one of them beat the other by 33 points. maybe they should be considered the better team."
    It's just a matter of coincidence where they fall, I guess. Because of parity in CFB, this argument can go on and on. Florida destroyed USuC, so Florida should be higher, but USuC destroyed UGAy, so USuC should be higher, but then UGAy beat Florida, so then what can you do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast