Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,442
    vCash
    500

    Final AP Top 25 Poll is in!

    The top 5:

    1.) Alabama
    2.) Oregon
    3.) Ohio State
    4.) Notre Dame
    5.) Georgia


    full list here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tml#ratings::5

    The final SRS formula ratings say the final Top 5 should be: 1. Bama, 2. Oregon, 3. A&M, 4. UGA, 5. UF.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,233
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tml#ratings::5

    The final SRS formula ratings say the final Top 5 should be: 1. Bama, 2. Oregon, 3. A&M, 4. UGA, 5. UF.
    Florida being in any top 5 is just laughable.

    Sagarin has it:

    Bama
    Oregon
    AM
    UGA
    ND

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    39,841
    vCash
    0
    I would put Notre Dame at 6 after that showing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    ^Yup, the AP dropped UGA 3 spots after losing to Bama on the final play, yet ND only falls 3 spots after getting bodyslammed with a full month to prepare. Those SEC-loving bastards.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^Yup, the AP dropped UGA 3 spots after losing to Bama on the final play, yet ND only falls 3 spots after getting bodyslammed with a full month to prepare. Those SEC-loving bastards.
    you could say the 6 weeks mad ethe rusty as well, plus thats NDs first lsoe vs UGAs second
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,265
    vCash
    1500
    it's funny that UF can beat south carolina by 33 points and finish with the same record, yet still come in one spot behind them in the rankings...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power
    you could say the 6 weeks mad ethe rusty as well,
    I would not say that, and neither would any objective viewer.
    plus thats NDs first lsoe vs UGAs second
    Irrelevant. I'm talking about the inconsistent penalty for getting your *** kicked. UGA deservedly fell 9 spots after losing to SC on the road. ND fell only 3 spots after getting embarrassed by Bama on a neutral field.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-09-2013 at 08:58 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,132
    vCash
    1470
    Who cares? Once the season is over does it really matter who the first runner up is?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,600
    vCash
    1500
    Notre Dame was undefeated 12-0 during the regular season, that has to count. there only loss came to the national championship team.
    I'm okay with Oregon being #2. but Notre Dame should be #3, not Ohio State. they didn't even play in a bowl game. there whole season was questionable because they had nothing to play for.
    AP doesn't mean **** anyway, it's paper. AP means as much as local newspaper coming out with rankings.

    Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parkston, SD
    Posts
    163
    vCash
    1500
    who cares?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,661
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    it's funny that UF can beat south carolina by 33 points and finish with the same record, yet still come in one spot behind them in the rankings...
    Well, that's what happens when you get dick-smacked in your final game, on a national stage no less.





  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    1500
    I don't understand how you can rank Oregon #2, and not even mention Stanford in the top 5. I think Stanford is the class of the PAC 12. They won the conference, and the Rose Bowl. They beat Oregon in the season, yet the Ducks get far too much respect..just my opinion, but I would rank Stanford above them in the final rankings.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you get dick-smacked in your final game, on a national stage no less.
    true, and it's not like it really matters... but if they're gonna be put back-to-back in the final rankings, you'd think the voters would have the sense to say, "oh, hey, these two teams had the same record, except one of them beat the other by 33 points. maybe they should be considered the better team."
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,661
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    true, and it's not like it really matters... but if they're gonna be put back-to-back in the final rankings, you'd think the voters would have the sense to say, "oh, hey, these two teams had the same record, except one of them beat the other by 33 points. maybe they should be considered the better team."
    It's just a matter of coincidence where they fall, I guess. Because of parity in CFB, this argument can go on and on. Florida destroyed USuC, so Florida should be higher, but USuC destroyed UGAy, so USuC should be higher, but then UGAy beat Florida, so then what can you do?





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •