Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mitch's thoughts

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...es/2013/01/07/

I think Pau continues to struggle to figure out how hes going to play with his group, said Kupchak. Our coaches are struggling as well. Were not going to succeed as a team until we figure that out.

In order to be a good defensive team, everybody has to really, really want to play defense and defend.

Glad he's calling some people out

Does this hint at some near future changes we will be making?

vCash

Mitch's thoughts

Mitch is a very smart guy regardless of the criticism he's been receiving lately. He knows this whole situation will not work, this is evidence of that, yes some moves will be coming. I'm pretty sure he'll stick with MDA this season at least, but he will make some other moves (pau) and assess how that move works with MDA then mitch will consider firing him if it doesn't work out.

vCash
    I'm hoping this means Pau is gone.

vCash
    Show em' the damn door!

vCash
    Fire Mike D!!!!

vCash
    I was expecting a blank post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    I was expecting a blank post.
    :lol:

In all seriousness though, the Lakers need guys that will play defense without being told to play defense. As streaky as MWP has been, he does play defense. D12 does do a good job of being the last line of defense.

Defense is an effort thing. Mitch should bring in guys who are good offensively who "fit the system" who are willing to play defense hard.
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    Mitch has thoughts?

vCash
    Trade pau and Dwight both. The only team that has success with a 2 big system is Memphis and that's bc marc and zbo play unselfish play defense rebound and are good passers not to mention they have better perimeter players. Most teams play smaller ball with a rim defender
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    Trade pau and Dwight both. The only team that has success with a 2 big system is Memphis and that's bc marc and zbo play unselfish play defense rebound and are good passers not to mention they have better perimeter players. Most teams play smaller ball with a rim defender
    Memphis don't have a ball hog in Kobe also.Dwight has been playing fine with the limited touches he gets on offense. Pau has been pulling the disapearing act. You know nothing about basketball

vCash
    I'd take a healthy Pau+Dwight any day over Zbo and Marc. But that being said, our bigs are banged up which means we get to see Sacre. I really like Sacre. He's got that Zag/easy going-hard worker attitude, and he's a legit 7 footer. Anyone who is 7 feet who has decent game can carve a niche in this league. Especially when you have a PG named Steve Nash.
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citanoxeno View Post
    Memphis don't have a ball hog in Kobe also.Dwight has been playing fine with the limited touches he gets on offense. Pau has been pulling the disapearing act. You know nothing about basketball
    Plenty more than you i can assure you that.

Do you watch the games? Dwight is a turnover machine in the post. We suck collectively and there's a high probability of him walking away from this mess.

You know nothing about basketball, box score lover.
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash

Shut the **** up! Trade Dwight? God you people are dumb. Dwight is putting up numbers that for 25 other centers in this league would be a career year and give them $15 million in the off season. And dwight is STILL not 100% the idea to trade D12 is pathetic. Please slap yourself.

vCash
    coaches must go

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Mitch has thoughts?
    You had to ask a stupid question do you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast