Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Scott Skiles Is Out In Milwaukee?: USA Today’s Sam Amick is reporting that the Milwaukee Bucks and head coach Scott Skiles have mutually agreed to part ways.

Word had leaked over the weekend that Skiles informed the team he would not be looking to stay on beyond his current contract, which ends in July, although the spin coming out of Milwaukee was they wanted Skiles to stay open minded about a possible return this summer.

It seems that things changed pretty aggressively over the last few days. Skiles will be replaced by assistant coach Jim Boylan and Skiles will be leaving the team immediately.

Skiles and General Manager John Hammond are both in the final years of their contracts and it’s been suggested more than a few times that failing to make the playoffs this year would result in a major house cleaning by ownership.

Skiles had put his Milwaukee home on the market last February as most expected him to be fired during this past offseason. The Bucks opted to keep Skiles and he was having some level of success this season. Milwaukee is 16-16 on the year but has lost four straight games. However, they still remain in eighth place in the East.

Skiles has drawn criticism from his veteran players, mainly because he’s opted to play his younger guys and not the veterans.

The Bucks traded for Samuel Dalembert during the offseason and he has logged time in 16 of Milwaukee’s 32 games. Veteran big man Drew Gooden has seen action in just nine games. The most glaring issue is that last year’s standout Ersan Ilyasova, who signed a new five-year, $40 million contract this summer, has seen his numbers drop off tremendously and has openly questioned his fit in Milwaukee.

The Bucks are expected to formally announce the move today.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-bla...pen-to-trades/

vCash
    Is Kohl selling this summer? If yes expect us to keep young players and expiring deals. Or swap expiring's for crappy player expiring's and collect picks. Is the new owner gonna want to match a ridiculous RFA offer to Jennings? I wouldn't. Take the risk if Ellis to opt in? I wouldn't. I'd look to trim payroll with desperate Lakers. I'd try Ersan,Gooden,Dalembert for Gasol. Gasol would be a name and a one year rental after this season. I'd even look to unload Jennings now before were forced to match a horrible offer this summer. Ship him to Clippers for Bledsoe and salary filler.

#Bucks

vCash
    IDK what the hell this guy is smoking... but give me some of that good.

I'm getting sick of these so called experts that start talking about the Bucks as if they even pay any attention to them at all.

This team has the talent they just need the right guy to be calling the shots.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I will echo what you guys are saying, Skiles' philosophy of not playing young players was wrong for this team and I'm glad to see the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

vCash
    I'm hoping that the next step is trading the veterans and continuing to stockpile young, cheap talent.

Dalembert, Dunleavy, Udrih, and Ellis should all be traded, leaving a young core of Jennings, Sanders, Illyasova, Harris, Henson, Mbah Moute, Udoh, and Lamb.

Those young guys can make up a very good supporting cast. By making those trades, the Bucks can play young guys the rest of the way, and fall down in the standings to where they actually have a decent pick, maybe even lottery.

They can either use that pick to try and draft a legit scoring option, or use it in a trade for a guy like Eric Gordon.

They would also have plenty of cap room to bring somebody in.

vCash
    Bucks wont bring in top flight A list free agents. We usually get bottom of the barrel players or over pay for middle tier players. Not sure what to say about Jennings either. 4th season and hasn't improved at all. Now RFA market will set his price. But all it takes is one team to get the competition started for bidding war.

Yes we can match. But if its $12M per he isn't worth it. Maybe $7M to $8M per sure. But still very inconsistent. I'd prefer a pass first pg that plays D and rebound well. Maybe sinks the occasional 3 to keep opposing team's D honest. Then get a tall sg and give all sf minutes to Harris and pf minutes Henson.

Were at $31M next year if Ellis opts out and before we deal with Jennings RFA cap slot. Minimum cap ceiling is probably $49M as a guess next year. If we could unload salaries of Gooden and or both Ersan. Then it wouldn't be to bad to hang onto Jennings for minimum cap ceiling. But other wise forget it.

vCash
    We need to get Jennings & Ellis signed to long term deals, then lock up Sanders and Henson. We have a stockpile of 6th men on our team, not a talent problem. Too many guys for too little available playing time.

Why is Gooden still here for example? Trade the damn guy, he'd like to play & we'd like to get something for him. Load up draft picks and then trade UP in the draft for a stud when the opportunity presents itself.

vCash
    Other then Jennings and Sanders anybody on this team should be traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Untouchables should be Sanders and Henson. Maybe Harris.

vCash
    As soon as Jennings signs a contract he will be over payed. I would argue that signing Ellis is a better idea because we haven't had a real SG since Ray Allen maybe Michael Redd.

vCash
    http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic...udioId=6190005Woelfel chimes in with Chuck and Wickett on 1250 WSSP. Woelfel said this been pretty much going on since last year when Skiles put up his house for sale and clean out his desk last offseason hoping to be bought out and take the money and get more money elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Crew View Post
    As soon as Jennings signs a contract he will be over payed. I would argue that signing Ellis is a better idea because we haven't had a real SG since Ray Allen maybe Michael Redd.
    Your idea of a "real" SG is Monta freaking Ellis?

vCash
    Your idea of a "real" SG is Monta freaking Ellis?

Lmao. Iknow right

vCash
    Halleluiah

vCash
    SKILES POINTS WAY OUT
    Scott Skiles finally got his wish — his exit from Milwaukee. The coach had tried to quit before the season but Bucks owner Herb Kohl wouldn’t let him. But when Skiles started to make noise about the coming offseason and what his options would be, that forced the Bucks’ hand. Skiles did a good job in Milwaukee, but he knew he couldn’t win and had his ups and downs coaching Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings. Neither is a true point guard who thinks team-first, as Scott did as a player and prefers in his own playmakers. Mike Dunleavy and Houston assistant Kelvin Sampson are expected to get a call from the Bucks to fill their coaching vacancy. We’ll give the early edge to Dunleavy, based on the fact that he once coached the team and is still a huge fan favorite from his playing days. He also wants to be considered for the Brooklyn job in his home borough.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HtlscW00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast