Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 449
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I generally don't like Piers...but I think he was phenomenal tonight.

    The only argument used against him (besides Alex Jones bathsit crazy ****) was "we have a second amendment, respect that ****!".


    ?? Alex Jones had alot of legit arguments. Piers Morgan is nothing but a puppet on TV. Sure Alex Jones does/says things to get ratings, I'm not defending all his stances on everything, but when it comes to gun laws he's 100% right.

    People in society are so stupid, simple concepts and ideas can trick alot of people. Piers Morgan uses the argument "well why does an American need an assualt rifle?" So your average American will be like "wow that's a great point, why do people need them? They should be illegal!" I mean it's so idiotic it's really not even funny. Who cares what people will do with them. I could care less if someone wants to go to a field and shoot up a bunch of cans. The fact is it's our right to bare arms and protect ourself.

    Bottom line we don't live in a utopia. There are crazies in every society and we have the right to defend ourself. So why should Americans be allowed to have assult rifles? Because our Gov't has assualt rifles. It's really that simple.

    Besides banning assult rifles will only cause more of an issue then it is now. They won't dissappear, you'll have cartels aka "bad guys" who will gather and sell these assualt weapons in the underground which will only lead to more crime. So in the end it will be a bigger issue then it is now.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Alex Jones may be going off but that doesn't mean he's wrong. He's just irrated that you have idiots like Piers Morgan out there saying that since the school shooting happened that it's the "assualt weapons" fault and therefore they should be banned.

    This is such moronic thinking. These gun control activists don't talk about how our media makes these mass shooters celebrities. The media or anyone else doesn't talk about these Pharmaceutical companies to have people on anti depressents their entire life and when they don't get their "fix" they go crazy.

    So Alex is just pushing the frustration that many Americans are feeling. The Gov't loves these shootings because all it does it help them push their agenda to take our guns.
    I understand the frustration and I'm very "pro-gun" in terms of 2nd Amendment rights, however look at both sides.

    Yes, if the media didn't sensationalize these shooters there wouldn't be as many, and yes if there weren't so many people on pills there wouldn't be as many.

    However it's also true that if people didn't have regular, relatively easy access to mass casualty producing firearms there wouldn't be as many.

    Crazy Person + Gun = Mass Shooting. Ok, so take away the Crazy Person and there's no mass shooting. But likewise if you take away the Gun there is also no mass shooting.

    It's part of the problem. We need to be honest with ourselves here.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah a lot of legit arguments. The first thing I think when I see Alex Jones is "legit arguments".

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    The idea that Alex Jones represents many Americans is insulting to America.


    Not when it comes to gun laws. I know he's a controversalist and I'm not defending his views on 9/11 or whatever else he was talking about. On gun laws he's 100% right.


    Bottom line is guns will never be taken from us overnight, it will/can happen through a series of laws making it more and more difficult to obtain a weapon. We have 1000's of gun laws as it is. Why do we need more?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    They take them because the alternative is so much worse. Depressed people really have a serious problem. They lose all feel for life in all its forms and they see suicide as a way out.

    Just so you know, suicidal ideations are one of the criteria used to diagnose depression. So why does it really matter if you give someone that wants to commit suicide a drug that will help but has a very small chance of making his suicidal thoughts worse? Now whether or not depression is overdiagnosed, that is another story. In that case, the SSRI shouldn't be prescribed at all and it becomes a problem of giving them out like candy.
    I honestly don't know too much about medicine. I just don't understand why someone would take a pill when one of the symptoms is "thoughts of suicide". but I honestly have a major problem with medicine in this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Alex Jones may be going off but that doesn't mean he's wrong. He's just irrated that you have idiots like Piers Morgan out there saying that since the school shooting happened that it's the "assualt weapons" fault and therefore they should be banned.

    This is such moronic thinking. These gun control activists don't talk about how our media makes these mass shooters celebrities. The media or anyone else doesn't talk about these Pharmaceutical companies to have people on anti depressents their entire life and when they don't get their "fix" they go crazy.

    So Alex is just pushing the frustration that many Americans are feeling. The Gov't loves these shootings because all it does it help them push their agenda to take our guns.
    I like what Jones pointed out about assault rifles. especially with the copy-cats. when theirs a mass shooting, the media makes them famous and goes into details about what guns they used, which could help influence others to do the same. I think only 3% of shootings, rifles are used.

    and honestly, If I ever discussed guns with Morgan, I would probably end up punching him in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I saw an ad on TV for an anti-depressant and one of the side-effects was suicidal thoughts.

    I was thinking "that isn't a side effect, it just means the medicine didn't work".
    I think a lot of drugs aren't good for you, but when the first warning is thoughts of suicide, I really wonder why the FDA would approve it, and why a doctor would prescribe it.
    **********

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Clearly the World Trade Center buildings were wired to explode, and couldn't come down from the planes alone.

    Clearly they were rigged to explode in a secret comprehensive rigging of the buildings that would have taken several months of installing heavy explosives, taking place while there were people going in and out of the buildings and working in them without noticing.

    Clearly anyone who could have possibly known any of this information (all the people who saw the explosives being wired, EVERYONE in high levels of government) was paid off by global banks, and all of them took the ****ing deal-- no one refused this deal or spoke out against this incredible evil.

    Clearly it wouldn't have been enough for us to go to war if terrorists flew planes into the towers, we really needed to do this wiring of the buildings too. After all, some conspiracy theorists argue that there clearly weren't any planes, it was all thermite paint, space lasers, and basement bombs.

    ****ing disgusting.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    ?? Alex Jones had alot of legit arguments. Piers Morgan is nothing but a puppet on TV. Sure Alex Jones does/says things to get ratings, I'm not defending all his stances on everything, but when it comes to gun laws he's 100% right.

    People in society are so stupid, simple concepts and ideas can trick alot of people. Piers Morgan uses the argument "well why does an American need an assualt rifle?" So your average American will be like "wow that's a great point, why do people need them? They should be illegal!" I mean it's so idiotic it's really not even funny. Who cares what people will do with them. I could care less if someone wants to go to a field and shoot up a bunch of cans. The fact is it's our right to bare arms and protect ourself.

    Bottom line we don't live in a utopia. There are crazies in every society and we have the right to defend ourself. So why should Americans be allowed to have assult rifles? Because our Gov't has assualt rifles. It's really that simple.

    Besides banning assult rifles will only cause more of an issue then it is now. They won't dissappear, you'll have cartels aka "bad guys" who will gather and sell these assualt weapons in the underground which will only lead to more crime. So in the end it will be a bigger issue then it is now.
    Bingo!
    **********

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,189
    vCash
    1500
    He didn't have a lot of legit arguments.

    "What about the bombings on Wall Street, should we ban bombs?"

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I understand the frustration and I'm very "pro-gun" in terms of 2nd Amendment rights, however look at both sides.

    Yes, if the media didn't sensationalize these shooters there wouldn't be as many, and yes if there weren't so many people on pills there wouldn't be as many.

    However it's also true that if people didn't have regular, relatively easy access to mass casualty producing firearms there wouldn't be as many.

    Crazy Person + Gun = Mass Shooting. Ok, so take away the Crazy Person and there's no mass shooting. But likewise if you take away the Gun there is also no mass shooting.

    It's part of the problem. We need to be honest with ourselves here.






    This is the type of thinking that the Gov't fools you into believing. First off the stats are out there that a very very small percentage of people who do murder somone actually use an assult weapon. This is fact.

    But can't you use this logic for everything? Right now I can go get wasted, jump into my car and drive my car into another vehicle, house, person...ect and kill multiple people. So whats the answere? Should we ban cars? I mean if there wasn't a car, then I couldn't of gotten in it and commited the crime.

    Right now I can take the bat sitting in my trunk, bring it into my office and beat somone to death with it. Shall we ban bats as well?

    So the question becomes, is it the cars fault? The bats fault? Or is it MY fault? Is there something wrong with ME that makes ME want to do something like this?

    Bottom line is if a killer wants to kill somone they are going to do it. I shouldn't be punished because 1% of criminals want to abuse what we have.

    Which is why this type of thinking is very very very idiotic. It's Gov't propoganda that you guys buy into. It's sad really.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Clearly the World Trade Center buildings were wired to explode, and couldn't come down from the planes alone.

    Clearly they were rigged to explode in a secret comprehensive rigging of the buildings that would have taken several months of installing heavy explosives, taking place while there were people going in and out of the buildings and working in them without noticing.
    I call this the "Dark Knight Conundrum". In the movie, the Joker tells people they have 1 hour to kill a particular man or else he will blow up a Hospital.

    When we finally see the Hospital exploding there are several small blasts that move forward in a line, indicating many different explosives placed throughout the Hospital.

    Later in the movie two ferries are leaving the city and each of the cargo holds are filled with barrells of gasoline and explosives.

    How did those things get there? Nobody knows. It's a comic book, it's just there.

    That is what he thinks happened to the WTCs, that all the government had to do was say "Let's blow up WTC 7" and all the explosives needed are magically there without any logistical planning whatsoever...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I saw an ad on TV for an anti-depressant and one of the side-effects was suicidal thoughts.

    I was thinking "that isn't a side effect, it just means the medicine didn't work".


    Exactly, yet you don't see anyone going after these companies do you? A normal person doesn't go shooting up schools. Someone with deep mental issues does. This person with deep mental issues can turn anything into a weapon in the right situation.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Someone disagrees with you?

    PROPAGANDA. NEW WORLD ORDER PLANTING INFORMATION IN YOUR HEADS WITH MICROCHIPS.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    24,270
    vCash
    1500
    Alex Jones sounds like a maniac.

    Piers Morgan is arrogant and annoying, though.

    So I dislike both of them.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I call this the "Dark Knight Conundrum". In the movie, the Joker tells people they have 1 hour to kill a particular man or else he will blow up a Hospital.

    When we finally see the Hospital exploding there are several small blasts that move forward in a line, indicating many different explosives placed throughout the Hospital.

    Later in the movie two ferries are leaving the city and each of the cargo holds are filled with barrells of gasoline and explosives.

    How did those things get there? Nobody knows. It's a comic book, it's just there.

    That is what he thinks happened to the WTCs, that all the government had to do was say "Let's blow up WTC 7" and all the explosives needed are magically there without any logistical planning whatsoever...
    I've read some of the 9/11 stuff out of curiosity, and there is explanations for that, I don't remember what they are lol, but they touch on it for sure.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    ?? Alex Jones had alot of legit arguments. Piers Morgan is nothing but a puppet on TV. Sure Alex Jones does/says things to get ratings, I'm not defending all his stances on everything, but when it comes to gun laws he's 100% right.

    People in society are so stupid, simple concepts and ideas can trick alot of people. Piers Morgan uses the argument "well why does an American need an assualt rifle?" So your average American will be like "wow that's a great point, why do people need them? They should be illegal!" I mean it's so idiotic it's really not even funny. Who cares what people will do with them. I could care less if someone wants to go to a field and shoot up a bunch of cans. The fact is it's our right to bare arms and protect ourself.

    Bottom line we don't live in a utopia. There are crazies in every society and we have the right to defend ourself. So why should Americans be allowed to have assult rifles? Because our Gov't has assualt rifles. It's really that simple.

    Besides banning assult rifles will only cause more of an issue then it is now. They won't dissappear, you'll have cartels aka "bad guys" who will gather and sell these assualt weapons in the underground which will only lead to more crime. So in the end it will be a bigger issue then it is now.
    I can't actually bring myself to 'defend' Piers Morgan....but he won this on a TKO after less than one minute, after which this Jones congenital moron proceeded not only to shoot himself in the foot, but to blow his brains out on live national tv - repeatedly!

    You have used every discredited wingnut argument here, which I suppose underlines your point about how stupid people are, though not in the way you intended.

    By your perverse logic, you should also be allowed shoulder to air hand-held missiles, machine guns, tanks, whatever. After all, you have this holy right to bear arms, and hey, the government has them too.

    Oh, and banning any few limited automatics/assault rifles (while more than 900!!! different firearms remain on the ok list) is going to make the 'gun issue' a "bigger" issue than it already is? Stop drinking the NRA koolaid.


Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •