Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I think Lubo will end up here playing for us.

Streit, Hamonic, Mac, and Carkner are gonna be in the 6. We need 2 more. I hope one is Lubo, as he'd be a very good edition if he's fully healthy to the PP and overall defense. Pair him with Hammer or Mac? Then I believe Donovan is the guy who definitely deserved that last spot with Carkner

On offense, I really hope we call up Strome from the OHL and Nino from the AHL. Both deserve their shots now, and with good linemates. This is how I would set things up"

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes (hopefully Boyes can replace Parenteau's production, similar player)
    Grabner-Strome-Okposo (insane balance on this line and speed at LW and C)
    Bailey-Nielsen-Niederreiter (Bailey and Nielsen has always worked, and Nio will finally have skilled linemates and be this line's big body power forward)
    Martin-Cizikas-Ullstrom (4th line with good 2 way players, good physicality, and good offensive upside)
    Reasoner and Boultonas healthy scratches

Nabokov in goal, Koskinen as backup (isles should keep Poulin and NIlsson splitting time in BRidgeport, as theyre the goalies of the future here)
    That 4th line when Bailey gets back still has alot of upside... Cizikas, Ullstrom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    How could he even come here now? The fans will make it hell on him. Rightfully so.
    Did we do that to nabokov?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    If he pans out, Strome should be better than that.
    McDonald was basically a PPG player before he started running into lots of injury troubles. I love Strome, but I can see him being an 80-90 point player in his prime if he reaches his full potential.

Speedy smaller side versatile C who is a great playmaker but can also finish, and a PPG player in his prime, potential injuries aside? Sounds a lot liek McDonald to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Did we do that to nabokov?

No, we didn't.

I thought this has been playing out worse than Nabokov, but maybe not, I don't remember...

vCash
    Nabby actually sat out, we locked him out for the remainder of the year because he wouldn't come to us. I don't know how Garth talked him into playing last year. I'm afraid this may happen with Lubo...

vCash
    Nabby didnt want to come here so we suspended him, tolled his contract, forced him to either sit out or report, and he reported and then liked it here, did well, and signed an extension

vCash
    Nabby didnt want to come here so we suspended him, tolled his contract, forced him to either sit out or report, and he reported and then liked it here, did well, and signed an extension
    I really like Nabby... this shortened season he s really important, along with a healthy dp. People are really underestimating us...

vCash
    If Nabby's fully healthy and so is DP, we can have a good starter and good backup. For once, I don't see goaltending as a long term or short term problem for the Islanders.

And also, apparently Lubo's agent said Lubo is goign to report to Long Island as soon as he gets througha few "personal issues"

The KHL seems to have put their foot down, and as far as we know, Id say it's a 70-30 chance or better Lubo is on our opening night roster

vCash
    If Nabby's fully healthy and so is DP, we can have a good starter and good backup. For once, I don't see goaltending as a long term or short term problem for the Islanders.

And also, apparently Lubo's agent said Lubo is goign to report to Long Island as soon as he gets througha few "personal issues"

The KHL seems to have put their foot down, and as far as we know, Id say it's a 70-30 chance or better Lubo is on our opening night roster
    I really hope so Kmo. The Isles need Lubo this short season!

vCash
    I he can just play good enough to be a #3 or 4 dman, our D will be solid.

Streit-Ham
    Mac-Visnovsky
    Carkner-Martinek

? With Hickey, Finley, Landry and Reinhart fighting for the 7th spot.

vCash
    I he can just play good enough to be a #3 or 4 dman, our D will be solid.

Streit-Ham
    Mac-Visnovsky
    Carkner-Martinek

? With Hickey, Finley, Landry and Reinhart fighting for the 7th spot.
    Looks solid to me. Gotta hope for best, Lubo has to show up for us that would be jank if we don't get our 2nd round pick back either if he doesnt show up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12