Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Blame Pie

Mason and Ireland do this as a way to spread the blame on their show, so I thought we could make our own blame pies to see where everyone is at on this.

If you don't don't know what a blame pie is, you basically take a pie chart and divide up the blame by percentage. Here's mine

8% Lakers Bench
    While Jordan Hill has been a huge spark off the bench, the lack of consistency and cohesion from the bench players has been an issue. Any kind of lead the starters put together, the bench usually gives up.

12% Kobe Bryant
    Kobe is Kobe. You can't place all the blame on him, but he is the best player on the team and the guy with 5 rings. If anything, I expected more of a leadership role from him this season. While he is having the most efficient season of his career, his lack of leadership on and off the court still needs a lot of work.

15% Mike Dantoni
    I know many people think he deserves a bigger slice of the blame pie, but you gotta give him somewhat of a break. Yes, his rotations leave our heads scratching, and his lack of focus on defense drives us insane. But he did get thrown into a challenging situation. It's like he was thrown into a drivers seat of a Ferrari that was going out of control. And so while I think there were better coaches out there for this group of guys, I can't place more than 15% blame on Mike -d Antoni

20% Injury Bug
    This is something that's really out of our control. But things just haven't gone our way this season. In a season where we are 3 games below .500 currently, at least there is a point of saying, "lots of injuries this year." I mean Nash, being out for 2 months with his bone fracture, Pau's tendentious/planter fasci-whatever/face-bash, Hill's ankle/hip, Dwight's back/shoulder, Blake's rib. It just has not been one of those years for the P&G. Championship teams for the most part stay injury free and this season, the Lakers just haven't been able to get it going because of the injury bug has hindered progress.

25% FO/Buss Family
    Before the season started, the Buss family was the talk of NBA dynasty. Ever since this season began, everyone began pointing at the F.O., specifically Jimbo. I think it's ironic that when we land D12, and Nash, it's "Praise Mitch" but when things go haywire it's "that darn Jimbo doesn't know what he's doing!" Yes the Buss family does deserve blame because ultimately, it's their product on the floor, but I wouldn't place more than 25%. After Stern shafted us, we got a hall of fame PG (albeit old) and a star Center in here. I thought the Mike Brown hiring was a mistake to begin with, and that they didn't handle the PJ thing very well either. And when they brought in Mike D, they should have fired the assistants to start fresh. Needless to say, you can't say they aren't doing their job, because they are trying to bring Kobe that 6th ring and that 17th championship to LA.

10% player effort/lack of chemistry
    I felt like the player effort deserved more blame than 10%, but I am not going to increase it because I think a combination of the other things on the list is part of the reason why the effort/chemistry isn't there. It's also later in the list because I think it's better understood after considering the other pieces of the pie. With injuries, change in coaches, F.O. fiasco, Dantoni's system not fitting the players, bench guys not being consistent, and Kobe not taking that next level of leadership...it all amounts to a lack of effort and chemistry on the floor. Momentum is seldom on the Lakers side this season. It just felt like they were climbing a mountain from day one.

9% Time Warner Sports
    Call it bad karma or what, but starting the season with over half of SoCal unable to see the Lakers games was a huge dent in this season. With the excitement surrounding the team, it was really quite unfortunate that $ got in the way of people being able to enjoy the Lakers from day one. I also think the Backstage Lakers show, while it's fun to watch, is a little bit of a distraction for the players. I wouldn't say it's a huge one, but I think there's added pressure that's not there for other teams. Trying to create a reality TV show for what was promoted as a "championship season" I think, served both as a distraction, a sense of entitlement, and made the Lakers an even bigger target for other teams.

1% Kellerman Curse
    Self Explanatory.

I know this was kind of long. But what's your blame pie?
    LINSANITY

vCash
    I hate the "He has 5 rings argument."

I'd say I'd blame the player effort more than half of what the problem is.

60% player effort
    15% chemistry
    10% coaching
    15% bench

Can't really blame Kobe in any way. Can't fault him for his bad shot selections 'cause Pau's lost his touch, Dwight doesn't have any variations with his post moves, Nash is a passer at fault.

vCash
    100% Devin Ebanks

vCash
    Apple pie.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    25.2% Avenged GTs
    24.8% Chobot
    48% Bill MacDonald
    2% LakersMaster24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Mason and Ireland do this as a way to spread the blame on their show, so I thought we could make our own blame pies to see where everyone is at on this.

If you don't don't know what a blame pie is, you basically take a pie chart and divide up the blame by percentage. Here's mine

8% Lakers Bench
    While Jordan Hill has been a huge spark off the bench, the lack of consistency and cohesion from the bench players has been an issue. Any kind of lead the starters put together, the bench usually gives up.

12% Kobe Bryant
    Kobe is Kobe. You can't place all the blame on him, but he is the best player on the team and the guy with 5 rings. If anything, I expected more of a leadership role from him this season. While he is having the most efficient season of his career, his lack of leadership on and off the court still needs a lot of work.

15% Mike Dantoni
    I know many people think he deserves a bigger slice of the blame pie, but you gotta give him somewhat of a break. Yes, his rotations leave our heads scratching, and his lack of focus on defense drives us insane. But he did get thrown into a challenging situation. It's like he was thrown into a drivers seat of a Ferrari that was going out of control. And so while I think there were better coaches out there for this group of guys, I can't place more than 15% blame on Mike -d Antoni

20% Injury Bug
    This is something that's really out of our control. But things just haven't gone our way this season. In a season where we are 3 games below .500 currently, at least there is a point of saying, "lots of injuries this year." I mean Nash, being out for 2 months with his bone fracture, Pau's tendentious/planter fasci-whatever/face-bash, Hill's ankle/hip, Dwight's back/shoulder, Blake's rib. It just has not been one of those years for the P&G. Championship teams for the most part stay injury free and this season, the Lakers just haven't been able to get it going because of the injury bug has hindered progress.

25% FO/Buss Family
    Before the season started, the Buss family was the talk of NBA dynasty. Ever since this season began, everyone began pointing at the F.O., specifically Jimbo. I think it's ironic that when we land D12, and Nash, it's "Praise Mitch" but when things go haywire it's "that darn Jimbo doesn't know what he's doing!" Yes the Buss family does deserve blame because ultimately, it's their product on the floor, but I wouldn't place more than 25%. After Stern shafted us, we got a hall of fame PG (albeit old) and a star Center in here. I thought the Mike Brown hiring was a mistake to begin with, and that they didn't handle the PJ thing very well either. And when they brought in Mike D, they should have fired the assistants to start fresh. Needless to say, you can't say they aren't doing their job, because they are trying to bring Kobe that 6th ring and that 17th championship to LA.

10% player effort/lack of chemistry
    I felt like the player effort deserved more blame than 10%, but I am not going to increase it because I think a combination of the other things on the list is part of the reason why the effort/chemistry isn't there. It's also later in the list because I think it's better understood after considering the other pieces of the pie. With injuries, change in coaches, F.O. fiasco, Dantoni's system not fitting the players, bench guys not being consistent, and Kobe not taking that next level of leadership...it all amounts to a lack of effort and chemistry on the floor. Momentum is seldom on the Lakers side this season. It just felt like they were climbing a mountain from day one.

9% Time Warner Sports
    Call it bad karma or what, but starting the season with over half of SoCal unable to see the Lakers games was a huge dent in this season. With the excitement surrounding the team, it was really quite unfortunate that $ got in the way of people being able to enjoy the Lakers from day one. I also think the Backstage Lakers show, while it's fun to watch, is a little bit of a distraction for the players. I wouldn't say it's a huge one, but I think there's added pressure that's not there for other teams. Trying to create a reality TV show for what was promoted as a "championship season" I think, served both as a distraction, a sense of entitlement, and made the Lakers an even bigger target for other teams.

1% Kellerman Curse
    Self Explanatory.

I know this was kind of long. But what's your blame pie?
    So our bigs are blameless? hmm ok

20% bench - not helping
    15% Pau - not bringing it or playing smart
    15% Howard - not adjusting
    13% Kobe - not leading like he should
    2% Nash - Not scoring enough
    30% Coaching - to much to write about
    5% Buss Family - to quiet
    Last edited by SirSkyHook; 01-08-2013 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    16.67% Mike D'Antoni - For not coaching team defense
    16.67% Kobe - For not playing team defense
    16.67% Nash - For not playing team defense
    16.67% Howard - For not playing team defense
    16.67% Pau - For not playing team defense
    16.67% Metta - For not playing team defense

vCash
    Hellcrooner all the way.

vCash
    Pumpkin Pie.

vCash
    Mike D: 40%
    Pau: 20%
    Effort: 40%
    :c

vCash
    American Pie

vCash

vCash
    Putang pie!!

vCash
    It's about 70% d'antoni, 25% circumstances (i.e., bringing in a coach with no training camp, etc.) and about 5% injuries.

vCash
    pi = Represented by the Greek letter π (/paɪ/) = 22/7 is approximately equal to 3.14159.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast