Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I don't expect this FO to play favorites, even to the great Rizzo.
    They will play favorites when it comes to defense. And I disagree, they are cold and calculated, but that doesn't mean they don't view some players as long term pieces. They won't hesitate to trade Rizzo or Castro, but it would be for a huge overpay. They also won't seek to trade Rizzo or Castro. Maybe once they've played out the majority of their given contracts (5-6 years from now). But not until then.

vCash
    Of course they're not giving him away and of course it's not anytime soon. Of course he's a long term piece. I just expect them to remain objective. If Rizzo isn't the offensive stud a team should get at 1B then the search will continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicLiker View Post
    What pitchers are you referring too?
    Paniagua is a big one. The prospect ranking guys seem to have taken a wait-and-see approach with him, but we've heard that some scouts think he could be the best true blue TOR pitching prospect the Cubs have had since Prior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicLiker View Post
    What pitchers are you referring too?
    Maples, Paniagua, and Underwood weren't in the BA list and could move into the top 10 next year if they do well this season. Here's Jason Parks' take on the arms from BP's top 10:

But the deeper you dig, the more raw talent you discover on the mound, and even though it’s immature and a sizeable journey away from legitimacy, the talent is there to develop high-ceiling arms to match the high-ceiling bats.
    I'm just speculating that one or more of them will make the Cubs' top ten based on the prospects who will eventually move out of the system and (hopefully) the Cubs slipping down in the draft due to an improving team.
    Last edited by terencem; 01-29-2013 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    but with more DH games being played maybe Vogelbach becomes our DH and top bat off the bench...gives Rizzo a blow here and there... could be a great asset even with Rizzo
    We'll have none of that common sense based speculation here mister! Sports forums are for wild speculation and complete idiocy.
    All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345