Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How much is "multi-millions"?

$2 million?
    $3 million?
    $4 million?
    $6.5 million?

As I understand it, MLB negotiates broadcasting rights with Japanese networks directly, and the contract has been in place for some time. I'm not sure anything would change since -- I believe -- a large percentage of games broadcast in Japan were already Yankee games.

However, it is my understanding that many teams have sold advertising rights in the stadium to Japanese companies because they had Japanese players on the roster, and the Yankees would benefit from these directly if they did the same thing. So, $6.5 million might very well be possible.
    I always wonder how big a deal this is for a team like the Yankees. Wouldn't some other sponser jump in and put their ad up on the sign if there were not a Japanese company buying that space?

vCash
    The way I understand it is that teams like the Yankees are unique in that they have a huge network, which they keep all revenue from and a stadium supply company (owned with Dallas cowboys) that supplies stadiums here and abroad.

Plus, Yankee merchandise sold abroad is 100% in their pocket while MLB merch in the US is split in some way.

A guy like Ichiro is a cash cow like Arod is all over the world.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He's a mediocre ball player. Nothing less, nothing more. When this is the guy to "save" the offseason, sorry I'm unimpressed. I like Hairston, but this is hardly a massive pickup.
    I wouldn't exactly say that if we sign Hairston he'd be the savior of our offseason. There weren't gonna be any big pickups this whole offseason, Cashman wasn't ****ing around when he said that in so many ways. We're just filling the gaps and Hairston would be a solid option as a RH hitting 4th outfielder. He's like a .275 career hitter against lefties. He could be better than Andruw Jones was last year...that's essentially whose spot Hairston would take. Think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    The problem here is, I view Ichiro as a 4th OFer. So a platoon of 2 4th OFers seems weak. I was hoping for a better option to push Ichiro to the part time player I believe he is at this point.
    I don't think Ichiro is a 4th outfielder. You know he hit much better with us when he was traded last year, right? Something to the tune of .322 for the rest of the season? Yeah, I don't think he's done or is the 4th option. I'm sure he'll be our starting RFer, barring some sort of trade.

I would actually consider Gardner the odd man out, even though they have no one else technically slated for LF. He was out all last year and played in the last month sparingly. We have to wait and see how he comes out in ST to make a judgement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I don't think Ichiro is a 4th outfielder. You know he hit much better with us when he was traded last year, right? Something to the tune of .322 for the rest of the season? Yeah, I don't think he's done or is the 4th option. I'm sure he'll be our starting RFer, barring some sort of trade.

I would actually consider Gardner the odd man out, even though they have no one else technically slated for LF. He was out all last year and played in the last month sparingly. We have to wait and see how he comes out in ST to make a judgement.
    For 1 and 2/3rds of the last 2 seasons Ichiro hasn't been the same guy. At 39 years old, I find it more likely that he's the .270 hitter with no power than the .320 hitter he was for the last 2 months of last season.

vCash
    Because he was bored as hell in Seattle. They weren't doing anything relevant. He was rejuvenated by the playoff team the Yankees are and the clubhouse guys were more his style - veterans.

Once he got his fire back, he hit well and stole bases for us, not to mention played his normal defense. I have total faith in Ichiro going into this season. Granted, he's old. But so is our whole team.

vCash
    Breaking News: sauron choosing between pizza and Chinese tonight.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Breaking News: sauron choosing between pizza and Chinese tonight.
    yum chinese both good choices though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    yum chinese both good choices though
    That wasn't my point but I gotta laugh all the same.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Leo having Chinese!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    That wasn't my point but I gotta laugh all the same.
    sarcasm

vCash
    Yanks no longer in on Hairston per heyman.

Close!

And thank you, Lord!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    we complain about the offseason because there is nothing better to do

vCash
    Mike morse will be a yankee watch

vCash
    With Morse now available, looks like Yankees are out of running for Hariston. Let me put it this way, I rather get at least 1 of the 2, than none of the 2. But Morse obviously over Hariston.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast