Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nobody makes the HOF

No Piazza, what a ****ing joke.

vCash
    What did you expect?

vCash
    Mets Wilpon on Piazza: We are optimistic one day soon Mike‘s plaque, with a Mets cap, will be hanging in Cooperstown where it truly belongs.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Mets Wilpon on Piazza: The statistics he compiled during his career as a catcher were unmatched by anyone in the history of the game...

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Mets #Mets COO Jeff Wilpon on Piazza: We hope in the not too distant future that Mike Piazza will take his rightful place in the @BaseballHall…

vCash
    Mets Mike Piazza received 329 votes (57.8 percent) falling short in his first-year of HOF eligibility. #Bummer

vCash
    The full vote, with years on ballot:

Mike Piazza will not be a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Craig Biggio 388 (68.2%) 1
    Jack Morris 385 (67.7%) 14
    Jeff Bagwell 339 (59.6%) 3
    Mike Piazza 329 (57.8%) 1
    Tim Raines 297 (52.2%) 6
    Lee Smith 272 (47.8%) 11
    Curt Schilling 221 (38.8%) 1
    Roger Clemens 214 (37.6%) 1
    Barry Bonds 206 (36.2%) 1
    Edgar Martinez 204 (35.9%) 4
    Alan Trammell 191 (33.6%) 12
    Larry Walker 123 (21.6%) 3
    Fred McGriff 118 (20.7%) 4
    Dale Murphy 106 (18.6%) 15
    Mark McGwire 96 (16.9%) 7
    Don Mattingly 75 (13.2%) 13
    Sammy Sosa 71 (12.5%) 1
    Rafael Palmeiro 50 (8.8%) 3
    Bernie Williams 19 (3.3%) 2
    Kenny Lofton 18 (3.2%) 1
    Sandy Alomar Jr. 16 (2.8%) 1
    Julio Franco 6 (1.1%) 1
    David Wells 5 (0.9%) 1
    Steve Finley 4 (0.7%) 1
    Shawn Green 2 (0.4%) 1
    Aaron Sele 1 (0.2%) 1
    Jeff Cirillo 0 (0%) 1
    Royce Clayton 0 (0%) 1
    Jeff Conine 0 (0%) 1
    Roberto Hernandez 0 (0%) 1
    Ryan Klesko 0 (0%) 1
    Jose Mesa 0 (0%) 1
    Reggie Sanders 0 (0%) 1
    Mike Stanton 0 (0%) 1
    Todd Walker 0 (0%) 1
    Rondell White 0 (0%) 1
    Woody Williams 0 (0%) 1

Way to go Julio Franco.

vCash
    Who the **** voted for Aaron Sele?

vCash
    I always thought Mike Piazza would get in on the 1st ballot.

Cooperstown just lost out on its biggest money making day of the year.

vCash
    I understand this is on the irresponsibility of the voters but in my mind the Hall of Fame is a complete sham. If you are a 12 time all-star and the greatest offensive player at your position with NO links to PED's whatsoever and don't get elected first ballot then the whole system is a joke.

When I found out that my wife and I were having a boy, I immediately though how cool it would be to take him to his first trip to Cooperstown in four years and watch Piazza get inducted together. Cooperstown can wait...it's just not that special anymore. Shame on the writers/voters for tarnishing the pinnacle achievement of our national pasttime.

vCash
    I don't know why people get so worked up, it's a joke. Same with AS voting, who cares it is all nonsense.

Does this in any way tarnish our memories of Mike?

Nope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    I understand this is on the irresponsibility of the voters but in my mind the Hall of Fame is a complete sham. If you are a 12 time all-star and the greatest offensive player at your position with NO links to PED's whatsoever and don't get elected first ballot then the whole system is a joke.

When I found out that my wife and I were having a boy, I immediately though how cool it would be to take him to his first trip to Cooperstown in four years and watch Piazza get inducted together. Cooperstown can wait...it's just not that special anymore. Shame on the writers/voters for tarnishing the pinnacle achievement of our national pasttime.
    Unfortunately Piazza played during an era when many players used illegal substances to significantly impact their statistics. Piazza may -- or may not -- be a casualty by association. It seems many of them are leaving players off their first ballots to make a statement, but plan to vote certain players in during their second year of eligibility.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I hate this whole "make him wait until the 2nd year or 3rd year" stuff with the HoF.

I'm of the camp that believes you're either a first ballot HoFer, or you're not a HoFer. Maybe if that was the criteria, these voters would take a little more baseball into consideration, and a little less of their own personal slants.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I don't know why people get so worked up, it's a joke. Same with AS voting, who cares it is all nonsense.

Does this in any way tarnish our memories of Mike?

Nope.
    I wish I could feel exactly how you do.

A joke? Absolutely. But I'm much angrier at this than I am the ASG.

It's the Hall of Fame. For guys who play the game, this is it for them. It's baseball heaven. You get it, you're forever remembered as one of the greatest to play the game.

Does it mean Piazza wasn't? Of course not, but he deserves the recognition of someone who was, not someone who took advantage by "using" steroids.

vCash
    Writers are a joke considering there is already a steroid user in the HOF. But everyone loves Rickey Henderson so it is okay. Because it is obviously extremely normal for a 40 year old to have 4% body fat and hit .300 following mediocre seasons.

Can't wait till Frank Thomas doesn't get in either, even though he was more anti-PED than anyone and went out of his way to help expose cheaters in the Mitchell Report.

And yet Bagwell gets more votes than Piazza even though there is a far better link for Bagwell to steroids. So I guess the HOF thinks Piazza is still juicing after his career is over? He's still a huge guy.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast