Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youth is Served

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    Does RH'd OFer Juan Lagares factor into the Mets plans at all? With their lack of OFers that have speed, ability to play CF and hit LHP, I would think that he'd eventually get a shot...

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=501571
    When I was playing in Mets fantasy camp in 2009 I asked one of the trainers who in the low minors impressed him. He said to look out for a DP combo of Juan Lagares and Greg Veloz in the Dominican Summer League. Veloz was traded a year ago and Lagares was moved to the outfield...fits my square pegs screed...but his stats scream fourth outfielder to me. With Kirk, Cowgill, Brown and Baxter we have cornerrd the market on thesr types...and I'm not including Duda. Lagares...Havens...the more the merrier until we trade for a solid outfielder or one emerges from the pack.....
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Havens isn't that good ar 2nd defensively though he's better than Murphy. Havens is too slow to play OF and doesn't have good instincts as a infielder so unlikely to have good instincts in the OF.

vCash
    Why are we still talking about Reese Havens?

He is 26 years old still in AA and has been injury ridden throughout his minor league career.

Let's move on from him being an everyday major leaguer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-10-2013 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

He is 26 years old still in AA and has been injury ridden throughout his minor league career.

I thought he would be the next Chase Utley.

Injuries suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I thought he would be the next Chase Utley.

Injuries suck.
    I don't usually pay too much attention to the amateur draft but that year I was home and watched the draft unfold. I was rooting for Chris Friedrich and the Mets opted for Havens. Friedrich was COL's #2 prospect before an injury slowed him down. Solid lefty like that could have given us five premium starters by 2015. SA please don't draft any more mediocre fielding middle infielders or future setup relievers...see Kunz, Holt. After Havens Stl drafted Lance Lynn and WAS drafted DEspinosa and Phi took Gose and ATL took Kimbrel....lets draft better this yeat!
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash

He's gonna hit 25 HR in Vagas next year and fans will be calling for Murphy's head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's gonna hit 25 HR in Vagas next year and fans will be calling for Murphy's head.
    I hope Havens does hit 25 homers at Vegas...then we could trade him for something valuable.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I hope Havens does hit 25 homers at Vegas...then we could trade him for something valuable.
    Trade him? We don't have an everyday 2B.

We wouldn't get much for him anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I don't think he can stay healthy enough to be honest and he's only going to AAA through attrition and age not because he deserves to be there.

Saying that, if he does hit well in Vegas i am sure like you mentioned Met fans will be screaming for him to come up.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-11-2013 at 12:55 AM.

vCash
    I don't think he can stay healthy enough to be honest and he's only going to AAA through attrition and age.

I am sure his numbers will be better in the PCL but whose arent?
    I still think he is a better baseball player than he showed in 2012. He was healthy for the most part, he still has talent, but all the time he's missed has hurt him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12