Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,159
    vCash
    1500
    Even with Hairston, we'll still need 6 or 7 players to cover 3 positions . . . because we still don't have even one outfielder who would start on ANY other major league team (and MAYBE, only half the AAA teams).
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,509
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sorry but it's absolutely bloody preposterous to use the words "mortgaging the future" in reference to signing SCOTT HAIRSTON. Give me a break. Signing a guy of his ilk and quality should not be putting us in a financial hole. If things are THAT bad, then the team is in even deeper financial straits than we thought.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He'll choose pinstripes.
    If the money is the same, he'll likely choose whichever team offers the potential for the most playing time. That might be the Yankees because of the DH -- until ARod returns. More than winning, most players probably prefer playing rather than dressing each day and sitting on the bench. There aren't many PH opps in the AL. So, it's a bit of a toss up.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'm sorry but it's absolutely bloody preposterous to use the words "mortgaging the future" in reference to signing SCOTT HAIRSTON. Give me a break. Signing a guy of his ilk and quality should not be putting us in a financial hole. If things are THAT bad, then the team is in even deeper financial straits than we thought.
    True but i think the Mets will make their bid for Hairston and see what he does.

    If he gets the same or more money from the Yankees though i have to believe he would end up going there just for the chance to win.

    He'll play enough games at DH and in the OF that i dont think it will much different AB wise between the Yanks and Mets.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'm sorry but it's absolutely bloody preposterous to use the words "mortgaging the future" in reference to signing SCOTT HAIRSTON. Give me a break. Signing a guy of his ilk and quality should not be putting us in a financial hole. If things are THAT bad, then the team is in even deeper financial straits than we thought.

    Anyone claiming that is just an organizational excuse maker.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Anyone claiming that is just an organizational excuse maker.
    I don't think anyone said that.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,839
    vCash
    1500
    Hairston would fit into our future plans. He is the ideal pinch hitter/4th OF'r. 2x10 is just right.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If the money is the same, he'll likely choose whichever team offers the potential for the most playing time. That might be the Yankees because of the DH -- until ARod returns. More than winning, most players probably prefer playing rather than dressing each day and sitting on the bench. There aren't many PH opps in the AL. So, it's a bit of a toss up.
    I'm not sure I agree with this when you're are talking about an older player. Hairston knows he's who he is as a player (or should) and that he's not an all star. I would think that at this point in his career winning might take precedence, especially after a few years on the Mets. And while it hurts to say this, there is a certain allure to the Yankees for most players.
    Last edited by milominderbinde; 01-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Anyone claiming that is just an organizational excuse maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't think anyone said that.
    I hate to say this, but even I knew that was a joke
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    I hate to say this, but even I knew that was a joke
    If you say so...you win!

    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with this when you're are talking about an older player. Hairston knows he's who he is as a player (or should) and that he's not an all star. I would think that at this point in his career winning might take precedence, especially after a few years on the Mets. And while it hurts to say this, there is a certain allure to the Yankees for most players.
    Very fair points.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,432
    vCash
    1500
    This could be the biggest decision in our franchise's history.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,411
    vCash
    1500
    Source: Yanks pessimistic about Hairston

    The Yankees are pessimistic about signing free agent Scott Hairston, a source with knowledge of the club's thinking said. Despite Hairston's agent, Casey Close, saying that the Mets and Yankees are two of the finalists for Hairston, the Yankees don't expect he will end up in the Bronx.

    The source said Hairston will be able to get more at-bats elsewhere so it is unlikely he will sign with the Yankees.
    -- Adam Rubin
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    6,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    -- Adam Rubin
    Yessssss

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,432
    vCash
    1500
    It looks like the man with the fiercest swing in all the land may be returning to his kingdom.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,628
    vCash
    1500
    This is like winning the biggest loser.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •