Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Even with Hairston, we'll still need 6 or 7 players to cover 3 positions . . . because we still don't have even one outfielder who would start on ANY other major league team (and MAYBE, only half the AAA teams).
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    I'm sorry but it's absolutely bloody preposterous to use the words "mortgaging the future" in reference to signing SCOTT HAIRSTON. Give me a break. Signing a guy of his ilk and quality should not be putting us in a financial hole. If things are THAT bad, then the team is in even deeper financial straits than we thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He'll choose pinstripes.
    If the money is the same, he'll likely choose whichever team offers the potential for the most playing time. That might be the Yankees because of the DH -- until ARod returns. More than winning, most players probably prefer playing rather than dressing each day and sitting on the bench. There aren't many PH opps in the AL. So, it's a bit of a toss up.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'm sorry but it's absolutely bloody preposterous to use the words "mortgaging the future" in reference to signing SCOTT HAIRSTON. Give me a break. Signing a guy of his ilk and quality should not be putting us in a financial hole. If things are THAT bad, then the team is in even deeper financial straits than we thought.
    True but i think the Mets will make their bid for Hairston and see what he does.

If he gets the same or more money from the Yankees though i have to believe he would end up going there just for the chance to win.

He'll play enough games at DH and in the OF that i dont think it will much different AB wise between the Yanks and Mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post

Anyone claiming that is just an organizational excuse maker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I don't think anyone said that.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Hairston would fit into our future plans. He is the ideal pinch hitter/4th OF'r. 2x10 is just right.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If the money is the same, he'll likely choose whichever team offers the potential for the most playing time. That might be the Yankees because of the DH -- until ARod returns. More than winning, most players probably prefer playing rather than dressing each day and sitting on the bench. There aren't many PH opps in the AL. So, it's a bit of a toss up.
    I'm not sure I agree with this when you're are talking about an older player. Hairston knows he's who he is as a player (or should) and that he's not an all star. I would think that at this point in his career winning might take precedence, especially after a few years on the Mets. And while it hurts to say this, there is a certain allure to the Yankees for most players.
    Last edited by milominderbinde; 01-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I don't think anyone said that.
    I hate to say this, but even I knew that was a joke
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    I hate to say this, but even I knew that was a joke
    If you say so...you win!

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with this when you're are talking about an older player. Hairston knows he's who he is as a player (or should) and that he's not an all star. I would think that at this point in his career winning might take precedence, especially after a few years on the Mets. And while it hurts to say this, there is a certain allure to the Yankees for most players.
    Very fair points.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    This could be the biggest decision in our franchise's history.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Source: Yanks pessimistic about Hairston

The Yankees are pessimistic about signing free agent Scott Hairston, a source with knowledge of the club's thinking said. Despite Hairston's agent, Casey Close, saying that the Mets and Yankees are two of the finalists for Hairston, the Yankees don't expect he will end up in the Bronx.

The source said Hairston will be able to get more at-bats elsewhere so it is unlikely he will sign with the Yankees.
    -- Adam Rubin
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    -- Adam Rubin
    Yessssss

vCash
    It looks like the man with the fiercest swing in all the land may be returning to his kingdom.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    This is like winning the biggest loser.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast