Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hate to say it but I can't see any older player opting for the mets over the Yankees if the dollars are the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I think I would prefer Francisco over Hairston. I remember Francisco from his Philly days a couple years ago and he played pretty well for them in his role.
    He doesn't seem to hit for power, nor for average, doesn't steal bases and he's 31, and he doesn't hit much better against LHP than RHP.

Besides just the fact that he can play the outfield, I don't see what we're getting out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    He doesn't seem to hit for power, nor for average, doesn't steal bases and he's 31, and he doesn't hit much better against LHP than RHP.

Besides just the fact that he can play the outfield, I don't see what we're getting out of him.
    Other than that………

vCash
    Hairston would jack 30 in Yankee Stadium. Off the bench.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    I'm actually rooting for no major league free agent signings at this point - simply for the novelty of it all.

We know they aren't paying for real quality, so I say screw it - don't pay for anything. Be honest about who we are.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Just a Yankee fan thinking out loud here.

Letting Hairston go to the Yankees actually benefits the Mets. The Mets have 5 possibly 6 if you include Den Dekker outfielders.

Yes, the Mets lose Hairston's 20 homerun power but it allows them to focus the money they do have on the bullpen and on pitching which I believe helps them more.

They need bullpen help even with the subtractions of Rauch and Ramirez (which is addition by subtraction) Luckily there are many solid bullpen options still out there.

With a rotation that contains Santana who was injured, Dillon Gee who had a blood clot and no RA Dickey the Mets would be smart to invest any money they do have on a couple of arms for the rotation and pen.

Taking a flier on someone like Ben Francisco doesn't look so bad if it means a better rotation and/or bullpen. That would be smart spending in my unbiased opinion.

vCash
    You're assuming they plan on spending money.. any money.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I wonder who made him the better offer?

vCash
    I assume it's near the same amount. If it were the Yankees who offered more, then I'm surprised he hasn't signed yet.

vCash
    Please choose us... Come on!! We've housed you for years! You LOVEE us, Scott! Don't leave us, Scott!

vCash
    Scott swings hard.

vCash
    I love what Hairston did for us but can we please just get 1 OF that we can pencil in against lefties & righties for 150 games.
    Is 1 really too much to ask for in a NY team?

Are we really gonna platoon 3 spots out there?

vCash
    I want scotty back,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If that is the case, the Mets likely would have Lucas Duda in left field, Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Mike Baxter as other lefty-hitting outfielders, and some combination of Cowgill, Brown, Brian Bixler and even infielder Justin Turner as righty-hitting outfield options.
    Leave it to the Mets to give new meaning to the term OUT-field.

They'll certainly make a lot of them.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post

Yes, the Mets lose Hairston's 20 homerun power but it allows them to focus the money they do have on the bullpen and on pitching which I believe helps them more.
    Just a Met fan thinking out loud here.

Money? What money?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast