Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

simple but great back workout

So I've switched up my back routine, I was searching on youtube for ideas and came across this workout right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbpGYnTHP0

This was a really good exercise, I felt like I was hitting muscles that I never hit before, especially in the lower back area. Just wanted to share, I highly recommend ****in with it cuz now I feel like my back development was incomplete before (and I used to do pullups wide and close, deadlift, and cable rows, and sometimes lat pulldown). I hope you find this useful.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    yup they are good. i suggest a pause at the top and to use a bar instead of a plate.

ghrs, good mornings are also great

vCash
    I can't load that video for some reason, what exercise is it?

vCash
    I think its called lower back extensions. Here's another video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpX6wyKBM_g

You're basically on a bench angled at 45 degrees, feet at bottom head on top, facing the floor. The bench is in contact with your legs, but your upper body is free, so you bend forward at the waist, toward the floor, and then pull your upper body back up so that its in a straight plane with your legs.

I think its pretty clutch. I never felt like any of my back workouts ever targeted my lower back, so it seems kinda necessary for full back development.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    his "better half" has an amazing ***.

but I never do this workout because it hurts my balls

vCash
    I'm a big fan of back extensions. i keep the pad lower than my pelvis so my back can round. 3x10 with a 25lb gives a great burn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    yup they are good. i suggest a pause at the top and to use a bar instead of a plate.

ghrs, good mornings are also great
    Agreed about the pause, really intensifies the work out.

When you say bar instead of a plate - are you referring to a barbell?

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    I've done those before.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    OP IMO lat pull downs should be added to all back work outs. It must be a staple along with dumbell rows

this guy has serious hgh gut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    OP IMO lat pull downs should be added to all back work outs. It must be a staple along with dumbell rows

this guy has serious hgh gut
    yea, those are def solid. The thing about this particular one tho is that it seems to hit muscles that most workouts don't hit. I've been working out for a while now, and feel I've had some pretty solid back routines, but until I did this exercise it just never crossed my mind to hit those lower back muscles.

vCash
    Yea lower back extensions are great. I do every week usually after cardio bc my old *** cant do cardio after doing them. My back is too tight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    i suggest a pause at the top
    just tried it, holy crap, this took it next level.

vCash
    I've been doing these lately. since I can't do deadlifts, I thought maybe this would work my lower back some. I've been doing 4x25 is they seam pretty good

vCash
    this is a great exercise and feels amazing to do and you really feel like youve worked out your back after doing these and with weights as well
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    I think its called lower back extensions. Here's another video of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast