Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    It's all about creating the best situation for AD and Felton made a huge difference in the kind of holes AD saw this year. I really think we NEED to resign him. I think Vikingsfan0845 is right he will probably be offered about $2 mill per year. To be honest of it takes a little more than that I think we should pony up the cash.

vCash
    Yea but watch him go to another team and lets see if he goes to the Probowl...I bet we could make Toby our FB and then he would get voted,,,AP made the majority of his yards this season,,Im not hating on Felton but AP did the majority of his yards alone in a sense. The majority of his yards were after contact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Yea but watch him go to another team and lets see if he goes to the Probowl...I bet we could make Toby our FB and then he would get voted,,,AP made the majority of his yards this season,,Im not hating on Felton but AP did the majority of his yards alone in a sense. The majority of his yards were after contact.
    It depends on what kind of contact you're talking about though. Felton was money for busting through a gap and getting his man (usually a LB) off of AP. Not trying to take anything away from AP but him trucking a DB is a lot different than escaping a LB.

Another thing that absolutely drove me crazy is that we didn't capitalize on the "Felton effect". The Felton effect was that he had LBs keyed off of him, so if you ran him through the A gap, he was pulling guys in weather AP was behind him or not. Not only did this help AP (who usually right around this time would be taking it outside) but if used properly could have set up some nice play action passes, especially if we're only taking about say mid-range stuff to Rudolph.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    It depends on what kind of contact you're talking about though. Felton was money for busting through a gap and getting his man (usually a LB) off of AP. Not trying to take anything away from AP but him trucking a DB is a lot different than escaping a LB.

Another thing that absolutely drove me crazy is that we didn't capitalize on the "Felton effect". The Felton effect was that he had LBs keyed off of him, so if you ran him through the A gap, he was pulling guys in weather AP was behind him or not. Not only did this help AP (who usually right around this time would be taking it outside) but if used properly could have set up some nice play action passes, especially if we're only taking about say mid-range stuff to Rudolph.
    I would just say bring him back but play as much hardball as he wants to play.

vCash
    Fullbacks don't make that much money (relatively speaking, obviously). Felton won't be leaving for more money, that's almost a guarantee. The only way he won't be back is if the Vikings feel Rhett Ellison is ready to do what Felton does.

Money won't be the issue.

vCash
    I don't see too many teams breaking the bank for a fullback that is a blocker not a receiver threat because the way the NFL is turning into an all out passer league the run games are just a thing of the past almost. The Vikings and a few other teams are the only ones left who really want to run the ball but you see a lot more teams like the Packers who want to pass and do it well enough where they can set up the run from the threat of the pass.

vCash
    2-2.5 Mil a year would be ok to keep him.....otherwise he can walk. It's what some backups make at other positions. But the grass won't be greener with any other team.

We all remember Tahi, so keeping Felton would be nice.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    Jerome Felton - RB - Vikings
    Jan 23 - 10:49 AM

The Star-Tribune expects the Vikings to lock up FB Jerome Felton before free agency opens.

This is a situation Adrian Peterson will be watching closely. Operating on a one-year "prove it" deal in 2012, Felton emerged as one of the game's best lead-blockers while helping pave the way for Peterson's remarkable 2,097-yard season. He'll have plenty of leverage in upcoming negotiations.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    Felton isn't leaving. This couldn't be a better situation for both Felton and the Vikings. Felton will receive a nice pay raise and he won't find a better opportunity than blocking for Adrian Peterson. The Vikings have had their eye set on Felton for a while now, as they put in two unsuccessful waiver claims for him last season and after finally getting him in the off season they were rewarded with a really good season from Felton. Felton won't break the bank but he will get a nice, well deserved pay raise.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I highly doubt he's going to give up the oppurtunity to be the lead blocker for the best back in the game. Maybe I'm wrong. He is worth a couple million a year either way.

vCash
    The idea that he was ever going to get absurd money was ridiculous from the beginning, lol.

vCash
    Well I liked Felton, I personally don't believe he is worth 3M/yr That to me for a FB is kind of crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12