Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    vCash
    It's the kind of swagger that every team should have. Not the whole team, but having one superstar player with that kind of swagger shouldn't be a problem.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    ^^ Yeah, I hear what both of you are saying and agree for the most part. I'd like to think he will grow out of it. However, I hope he always maintains at least some of his 'style'...
    I agree that he can tone it down but he never will i read in an article that he loves to talk and get in receivers heads he majored in communications at Stanford.

As long as he backs it up and doesn't turn into Deangelo Hall chest pump jawing after he gives up a big play i don't care.

"You have to be that way," Sherman said this week in a phone interview. "I'm not rude or anything off the field, but on the field I'm a dog."

And there's bite to go with his bark. The 6-foot-3 Sherman was tied for second in the NFL this season with eight interceptions and is a cornerstone of Seattle's defense, which will face the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday in a divisional playoff game.

By Sherman's thinking, the Seahawks' secondary — which also includes cornerback Brandon Browner and safeties Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor — is the best in the league.

"The guys from Chicago, San Francisco and Atlanta are really good," he said. "But the things that we're able to do as a whole secondary aren't matched."

Sherman rankled the Washington Redskins in a first-round game Sunday, talking smack not just to receivers but to Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and his son, offensive coordinator Kyle. By Sherman's count, the Redskins threw in his direction just three times in their 24-14 loss, even though he turned to the Washington sideline and challenged the Shanahans to test him more.

"That's what you have to do in this game, at least the way I play it," said Sherman, a fifth-round pick in 2011. "I'm out there competing, trying to get them to throw my way. I'm trying to get them to attack me, because I feel like I'll stand up every time they attack me. That's what I'm doing, trying to get the quarterbacks and the receivers frustrated."

On the rare occasions passes did come his way, Sherman would turn to the Redskins coaches, and "I'd twirl my finger around my ear like 'Man, you're crazy.' They were just kind of blankly staring at me."

So rattled were the Redskins, that tackle Trent Williams punched the miked-up Sherman in the face after the game, later telling reporters he felt bad about losing his cool.

"Just high emotions, man, and you know, I let them get the best of me," Williams said. "It's nobody's fault but mine."

For Sherman, it was mission accomplished. His on-field shtick is all about getting into opponents' heads and taking them out of their game.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...erman-20130110
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-11-2013 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Credit the Seattle Times for this...

Reporter - "Do you have a go-to one-liner you use to get the trash talk started with a receiver?"

Sherman - "You've got hands like feet." And, "I've seen better hands on a snake."

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    Racks on racks on racks
    When the Seahawks drafted Bruce Irvin I was singing "sacks on sacks on sacks" in my head for weeks.

vCash
    Richard Sherman = SWAG

vCash
    I enjoy watching Sherman play 14 other weeks out of a season lol not afraid to say I traded for him in Madden as well. Two weeks out of the year I hate his guts tho

Browner seems like a bit of a @hole tho.

vCash
    I like it, actually I love it. I love variety in the NFL. I don't want to turn on the TV and everybody is trying to make their QB look like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. I mean look at the Ravens. Trying so hard to become the next Patriots. Look at the Falcons. Trying to become the next Packers. It's so annoying.

There are still some great defenses in the league. Like the 49ers and Bears. But the Seahawks more closely resemble the early 2000 Ravens. Of just being mean, physical, bit, fast and dominant. It's sort of an extinct style of defense/team. With a QB who doesn't throw a whole lot. Really solid O-line and RB. Great nasty physical defense.

I like it.

vCash
    Sherman is a Great player, but too big of an ego. talks too much trash, do you really have to do it all game long? he's a player you would love to have on your team, and a player you would hate to play against.

He's a cleaner version of Finnagan.

vCash
    I wonder how many people that say they hate it were also fans of Gary Payton, Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley and Dennis Rodman
    2011 Suck For Luck Campaign!
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendil View Post
    I wonder how many people that say they hate it were also fans of Gary Payton, Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley and Dennis Rodman
    Willing to bet, due to the age of most posters in here, is that they only like/dislike those you mentioned from old stories, clips, etc.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I was a fan of all of them, back when I watched NBA, and I loves me some Sherm.
    …authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and—to top it all off—a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic. These seven deadly shortfalls of authoritarian thinking eminently qualify them to follow a would-be dictator.

vCash
    Michael Irvin, Deon Sanders, Shannon Sharpe, Lawrence Taylor, John Randle, Warren Sapp.

It's an old art.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718